Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 12:46 PM   #1  

Default Does anybody have tips on what helps keep them from snacking - I'm new!

Hi all, I'm new...again on WW. I'm doing WW online as I have a 4 month old and don't have time to attend meetings. My newest trick that is REALLY helping me from snacking is to chew cinammon gum. I chew it constantly. I figured this out from my husband. He quit smoking a year or so ago and is constantly chewing Nicorette. I thought if it could help him, maybe it could help me.

Just wanted to see if anybody else had tips they can share!

Thanks
Old 09-21-2006, 01:31 PM   #2  
I'll look like this again

S/C/G: 294/285.5/145

Height: 5'7"

I like hot tea or diet A&W, depending on the weather. But I also plan for an afternoon snack, which helps a lot. And welcome .
Old 09-21-2006, 02:11 PM   #3  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I often suck on a ice cube when I feel like munching. I also use to brush my teeth, but I had to stop because it was making my gums sore @_@. So I learned to eat a mint or chew gum ^_^
Old 10-03-2006, 06:22 PM   #4  
One Martini at a Time...

Default tips for snacking...

I keep healthy snacks in my desk drawer, like 1 pt mini rice cakes and fruit in the fridge.

I don't keep from snacking at ALL but rather eat 3 small meals and 2 healthy snacks. THen I am not hungry and don't reach for the doritos.

Also, I am a bad emotional / boredom eater.

I do a stop drop and roll :

STOP reaching for food just cuz you are bored
DROP the junk
and THINK about why you are eating.

It's H A R D but true - if i think about what I am doing, 9 times out of 10 I won't do it.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:10 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Water. Drink 2 glasses, slowly. Put some lemon or some cucumber slices in it - it helps you get the feeling like you are preparing something for yourself. 9/10 times, it works for me.

And snacks aren't bad in and of themselves...healthy snacks are great! Keep them around for when you're truly hungry.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:47 PM   #6  
banned

toothpasre, mouthwash or whitening strips
Old 10-04-2006, 12:20 AM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

If I want a snack, I eat a small handful of whatever I want. It could be nuts, fruit or even 1 cookie. This works for me because I do not feel like I am depriving myself. Its when I deny myself for a long period of time that I will break down and eat the whole row of Oreos in one sitting.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:54 AM   #8  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

I like to keep ahead of the game by having snacks premeasured in zippy bags in a basket on the kitchen counter. Things like mini rice cakes or even baked chips. Also keep granola bars and other 1 point snacks in that basket, including small bananas and apples. I find that I'll reach for these items first, and lately, my kiddos do too. I also keep a lot of free or 1 point snacks ready to go in the fridge like mini carrots and clementines. You can have a clementine for 1/2 point, and it takes a minute or two to peel it, etc. Feels like you're having more than a half of a point worth!
Old 10-04-2006, 09:26 AM   #9  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

I have a snack basket like you boater's wife Snacks can be a gerat help. I also paint my nails when I want to nibble...I get the slow drying kind, LOL!
Old 10-04-2006, 09:28 AM   #10  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

Hey, I remembered that your question came up months ago and somewhere around here is a thread about all the weird stuff we do so we don't snack. Does anyone else remember this?
Old 10-04-2006, 11:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

I use the low calorie sf cocoas. They count as one milk but give me my chocolate buzz.

Yesterday, I was having a munchy fit and got it under control. My son called me at work and said he was making Betty Crocker Hershey double chunk brownies for a snack. I hung up and went "UH OH - Warning Will Robinson
Warning". I called him back and asked him to do me HUGE favor. Take the brownies when they cool. Pkg them all up in a Tupperware dish (and I told him which one to use and where to find it) and take them all up to his room. Then please take the pan and fill it with hot water so there are NO CRUMBS anywhere.

TA DA!!!! It worked. A red light food out of sight, out of mind. It was great!
Closed Thread