Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-19-2006, 11:55 AM   #1  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Default Whoops!

The binge-monster got me today. I tried lots of things to keep it away - chewing gum (I finished the pack!!!) SF hot chocolate, tea, apples, but I ended up face down in carbs.

I kinda know what happened 1) I had a poor night's sleep which always sets me up for a bad day. 2) I've been eating really poor quality food recently (food that's gone off or just plain bland and boring) 3) I brought the same lunch to work as I did yesterday. Yesterday's lunch was a bit funny, the beansprouts had gone a bit fusty Didn't really fancy the same thing again today. 4) I didn't eat all my breakfast, I got, erm, distracted

So I managed to eat 2 bread rolls, about 4 apples, a pack of pineapple, a chocolate brownie, some brie, a strawberry mousse dessert, which I thought was low-cal, but wasn't. Another yoghurt, cottage cheese.

I even realised what was happening, but I carried on. I felt hungry, I felt deprived, I felt like I wanted to eat CAKE (I had honey on a multigrain roll instead).

Now my stomach is bulging - I have to go and kickbox in a couple of hours and I doubt I'll be able to move!

I'm kinda looking at that list now of what I had for lunch and I'm thinking, "Actually that was probably a meal for me about 5 years ago - a cheese roll, a honey roll, a cake and a yoghurt. Then an hour or two later another yoghurt and some pineapple." But to me now, it was a binge (although the food was reasonably healthy....) and now my tummy hurts and I just want to go to sleep.

Fortunately I have quite a bit of free time tomorrow, so I'm going to go shopping and stock up on healthy tasty food that will keep me satisfied and away from cake. I think it's partially a wedding dress thing too! I picked it up on Saturday and it fits, so now of course subconcious brain is saying, "Eat anything, it won't matter - the dress fits." Darn brain!

Just a rant - feel better now
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:16 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Frus, frus, frus...

I know you said you were going to relax on your eating but what is this!?

You remind me of a couple weeks ago, I had a couple days which I just wanted to eat and eat and that is exactly what I did. I ate until my belly felt so stuffed. I know the dress fits but if you make this a regular occurrence....

So stay away from the chocolate brownies (that does sound good...) and get yourself some healthier food

Try visualizing yourself in your wedding dress and envision yourself with it not only fitting but being loose. Imagine keeping up your exercise and healthy eating and not worrying about the dress being tight. I'm trying to be strict with myself until 2 months from today which I plan to eat whatever I want because that'll be my wedding day
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated View Post
I'm thinking, "Actually that was probably a meal for me about 5 years ago
Wow, how weird is this? Sunday, I made a big meatloaf, twice-baked cheddar potatoes and green beans which is what a typical meal used to be for me and my family. I couldn't eat it!!! This meal was requested by my DD who is suffering from a terrible cold, and I know that when you don't feel good and some kind of comfort food sounds good, you just want it. So I made it for her benefit and I really hated myself for eating it!! The potato was dry and icky and I ended up leaving 2/3's of it on my plate. I never used to be like this. I sat there and wished I had my brown rice!!!

Anyway, 2frus, get back on the wagon for goodness sakes!!! Don't jeopardize having the dress fit a month from now!!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Height: 5'5

The binge monster got me yesterday, so I know how you feel. I have been experimenting with candy making and made and entire batch of caramel. Before it even had time to set fully I ate almost the whole batch. I ate so much I actually got sick to my stomach (probably from all of the butter!) OOPS!!
Ash15+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

I can completely sympathize with how '2frustrated' you must feel right now (I still struggle with binging). Please allow me to point out something positive I read in your post. You said you started off with gum, tea, and apples. By delaying your descent into binge mode, you cut out a lot of calories that you could have been consuming during that time.

With this tactic, I've been able to curb the extent of damage I do with binges. If I'm full of tea and apples, there's not as much room for cake and chocolate and other "bad" things. I can pretty much manage to keep a bad binge from going over 1,000 calories in one sitting, which is a vast improvement on the easily attainable 2 or 3 thousand calorie binge.

So, I say shake off your frustration and acknowlege that you made the effort. What's done is done, and you've made an excellent list of what led you to binge (another fantastic step in the right direction) and you know how to try to do better. I wish you well.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:33 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

Thanks guys

Nelie - you totally caught me! I'm clambering back up to eating well now! Seeeeee, look, those are CARROT STICKS I'm stuffing my face with! I could eat the whole bag in a sitting when I get in a binge mood!

I've also bought plenty of healthy stuff for a great breakfast tomorrow - I'm going to have mushroom omlette and I'm going to plan for some decent meals It's that dreaded complacency.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:51 AM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm trying to be good myself I am munching on celery and hummus today.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:00 PM   #8  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated View Post
chewing gum (I finished the pack!!!)
I just want to go to sleep.
Hiya 2Frust !!

I feel your pain. I ate an entire tin of tangerine Altoids today.

PS: (I missed ya, chickie!!!!)
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:11 AM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

Hello stranger

I'm doing ok now! Plenty of whole-foods, hardly any processed carbs and lots of veggies! I think shopping helps... I was out of healthy food before and didn't feel like buying anything!

Oh plus 6 WEEKS to the wedding is quite motivating! Actually 5 and a half!
Old 09-27-2006, 08:39 AM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

2Frus, I missed your post... I'm SO glad you're back on track, hon!
6 weeks!! You must be so excited. And anxious. Hang in there, girl!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:29 AM   #11  
aka Superwoman!

Heck yes! Anxious - that's more like it! I need to sort out the photographer and the flowers I like a bit of pressure to get things done... Just a little bit more than 5 now... 5 on Saturday!