Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 01:17 PM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - September 18/06

Hi and welcome to a new week.

I had a great weekend. Found a fine Italian leather loveseat for the den on Friday. It will be delivered on Wednesday evening so I spent a lot of time over the weekend de-cluttering and re-arranging. I love the result, and I have a growing mound of clothing and other unused items to recycle.

On Saturday, I did an 8 km hike along the eastern shore, about an hour's drive out of the city. It was a beautiful warm and sunny day. I communed with nature and had a splendid walk along the ocean. Sang out loud with the Eagles on my iPod - you know, just enjoying life.

Sunday morning I opted out of the 15 km long run with the group because I wasn't sure how my bruised foot would hold out. Instead, I did 10 km on my own. It went well and I think if I get regular runs in this week I should be able to re-join the half-marathoners next weekend.

Do I sound chipper? If so, it's because my mgr from **** decided last week to return to his former job. I am giddy. Overjoyed. Loving life. This is the best news I've had in years. please, of please don't let anything burst this bubble!

Susan
Old 09-19-2006, 07:44 AM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Susan, yes you do sound chipper. That's great--are you singing "Ding-dong the witch is dead" (or is it warlock?) I like to hike; DH and I did a lot of that in NC when we were there for our recent vacation. I'll bet your leaves are changing and it's cooool! Still in the high 80's here.

Well, I went to WI and I'm not pleased--up 3 pounds! I knew that I had been hitting the snacks (and wine) a little too much, so there you go. Oh well, time to get in the groove again.

Play rehearsals are going really well; I can't believe we open next week. It's such a funny show and we cast members keep laughing. Of course we have to get that out of our systems now.

The weekend was busy. Went to a charity shopping thing and then toured the new hospital wing where DH will be working. The rooms are so well-appointed that patients won't want to leave. Golfed, too. Saw a play, Laramie Project--very powerful. It's about the Matthew Shepard murder.

Well, that's all for now.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:58 AM   #3  

Hi Lisa. Is eveyone else on vacation?

Don't worry too much about the gain. You know that if you get back on track it will be gone as quickly as it appeared. I know it's frustrating.

The leaves are only beginning to change. It's actually been warm - mid 20s which is high 70s F I think. More and more, September is becoming the best weather month. July is usually crap and August too humid.

I would like to see the Laramie Project and will look for it here.

Don't know if I mentioned that the Rolling stones are playing here on Saturday. I've been invited to take in the concert from a penthouse apartment overlooking the site - 21st floor. It should be a blast, especially since CBC radio will be broadcasting their pre-concert show from the same location. I don't know how this woman manages to be in the midst of all the action, but she does.

Hi to Melissa, Pam, lala, Austin and all.

Susan
Old 09-19-2006, 09:37 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

It's been crazy here. I can't remember if I've posted or not--my dad was hospitalized last Wednesday night with pneumonia and it was touch and go--the doctors were not very optimistic about his survival. The good news is that the antibiotics worked and he was discharged yesterday afternoon. They have changed his medications so we'll see how things go. In the midst of this my trip to Chicago was cancelled, I managed to pick up some virus that started out with a sore throat then went into laryngitis...aaaahhhh! I'm back at work today. My head feels a little stuffy but at least I'm not exhausted like I was over the weekend. DH and I didn't get to celebrate our anniversary so we'll try and schedule something later on.

Susan: Yes, you sound chipper...that's good news for you! Will you get a new manager? The concert sounds like fun and you'll have a birds-eye view--that's great! It sounds like everything is going really well for you; I love walking outside this time of year--cool, sunny days and music that makes me feel good--my kind of day! The leaves are just starting to change here as well--I noticed it this morning on my way to work.

Lisa: It's really cool here this morning--59 degrees with temps only supposed to be getting in the mid 60's; tomorrow is supposed to be cooler--fall is definitely in the air. I need to move my summer clothes into storage and get some transitional clothes out. Lisa, don't worry, you'll drop the 3#. At least you know what you're doing different

I'm hoping to get outside at noon for a little walk, nothing major because I don't feel all that great but I figure if I get outside for a little bit and get some fresh air it'll help.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:16 PM   #5  

Susan, the Stones concert sounds great. What a view. 70's even sounds good to me.

Melissa, yes, you did tell us about your father. I'm sorry that I didn't respond to that. I am so glad he was dischraged. Pneumonia in elderly folks is not a good thing at all. Sorry you've been puny. Laryngitis is not my friend, especially as a singer and actor!

Had a good rehearsal last night. We open next Friday (9/29). Yikes!

I think lala is on vacation. I'm not sure where Pam is, but I remember that she was headed out on vacation, too.

Ate a salad today for lunch.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:49 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Hi! The temps have definitely gotten a lot cooler--it's only 56 here today and tonight is supposed to be cold. Fall is in the air! We had some torrential rains last night and it knocked out the power on some of our buildings on campus--our phone lines were down for a good part of the morning and one of the residence halls is still without power. They're hoping to get them up and running soon.

Went to my meeting at noon and was down a little bit (.2) which is good. My eating has been way off so any loss is good--I know there were a number of days when I didn't get hardly any points and usually when that happens I don't lose but rather gain.

My voice is slowly coming back and I don't feel nearly as bad as what I did on Monday. Thank goodness for that!

Lisa: I'm sure that laryngitis or any throat problem would not be good for you. How are the rehearsals coming? You mentioned before that you were having fun.

Hi to everyone else!!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:27 AM   #7  

It is cooler here, too. I went for my walk this morning ~ 6AM and it was in the 60's. Then I heard the twin sonic booms for the shuttle's return. That is so exciting. I'm glad they're back safe.

Melissa, congrats on the loss. Hey, any loss is good.

Tonight we run the whole play in rehearsal; that should be interesting.
Closed Thread