Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-18-2006, 09:02 AM   #1  
Aleecia

Default Could really use some support! Starting over again.

So here it goes another Monday where I tell myself I'm starting over again. I knew this wouldn't be easy, but for some reason I can't get it together. No matter what I do, I continue to sabbatoge myself. I am starting to think that maybe I'm scared to be thin. I am afraid I won't know how to act.

So today I am refocusing once again. I really need to make this work. I feel like all eyes are on me and it sometimes feels like everyone is just waiting for me to fail. Only because thats what happens. I don't want to let anyone down including myself.

I will go back to using Fitday to log all my food and exercise. I will work on drinking more water.

Would love to chat and get or give support to anyone. Especially those who feel like they are starting over and starting over.
I feel like I am climbing a moutain and the top is now where in site.

Thanks for letting me rant. Just having a real tough time lately.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:36 AM   #2  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Hello!

Im also starting over again today, I've been starting over for the past 5 years or so...and every year I just keep gaining more weight instead of losing! Maybe we can keep in touch with eachother to help keep eachother motivated? You can send me a PM if you'd like! We can do this, we just got to stick with it!
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:54 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

You have done a great job already! keep up the good work. I try to start each week with a new goal. I had a bad weekend eating/working out wise (Plus the week before I was on Vacation) so I am starting from the beginnging. I am keeping at 1100-1200 calories for a week for detox, then I will be adding 200 calories after that. I am going to be riding my stationary bike for 20 minutes each day alternating pilates/weight lifting. I also will walk a mile and a half a day (afterwork). I recently got a pedometer so I am going to try and take 5000 steps at work (I work 5 hour shifts).
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:03 PM   #4  
Cynical RedHead

Hey, Angel - hang in there, girlie. Count me in as yet another person starting over today. This is probably the 7th or 8th monday in a row I have been starting over.

I managed to gain a pound over the weekend. I thought I was being . . . not *really* good, but at least *sort of* good over the weekend, and when I added all my calories up this morning, I had eaten right at 2000 calories per day.

So I am right there with you with not only using fitday, but paying attention to how many calories I am eating. I have also been doing much better on my exercise (actually keeping that going this week rather than starting over!)

We are all in this together
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:13 PM   #5  
Day of the Observer

S/C/G: 175/168/120

Height: 5' 2.5"

I'm new here and starting over with the rest of you TODAY!

Today, I will watch what i'm snacking on, Today I will eat dinner before 10 p.m., Today I will wear the pedometer that I bought, Today I will actually drink water instead of soda, Today I will take my dog for a walk instead of a car ride. Today I will act as if i'm the thin person i once was.

And today I am right with you.

Today I looked at a picture of myself from last weekend, right next to a picture of myself from 2 yrs ago (I have gained 55 lbs.) and cried. And Today will be the last day for that.

Keep up the good work all of you!!!!!

Best of Luck!!!!
dl3297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:28 AM   #6  
Aleecia

Thanks so much for all of the support.

I am happy to say that yesterday was great. I got up at 5:00 am worked out and stayed within my calories for the day. I made really healthy food choices and I feel great.
It's amazing how different I feel when I am doing what I am supposed to.
Now if I can only keep it up for the rest of the week. I figure once I get past the first week I will be on a roll.
Thanks for all of the kind words and here's to a new start for all of us.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 203/146/150

Success strategies:

1) Since your belief system will ALWAYS trump your willpower, change your beliefs. BELIEVE that you deserve to be thin. BELIEVE that <insert comfort food here> is NOT your friend! BELIEVE that you are not making a temporay lifestyle change but a permanent one.
2) Your old lifestyle (diet + exercise or lack thereof) is what made you overweight. Expecting to return to that lifestyle after you shed your excess weight yet not gain it all back is ONE definition of insanity. So what if your best friend can eat ice cream by the bucket and not gain an ounce? Get over it! I bet you my retirement that your friend will suffer from adult onset diabetes in the not too distant future.
3) Many of us got fat by emotional eating (using food to avoid dealing with strong emotions). If you suspect that YOU are an emotional eater, do yourself a favor and get your hands on Life is Hard, Food is Easy by Linda Spangle
4) Remember, the diet plan you choose as a road to a healthier/thinner YOU should have a sustainable lifestyle/maintenance phase. The place where you can eat HEALTHIER versions of your old faves. If you don't pick an eating plan you can live with longterm, you will find yourself constantly re-starting.
5) laugh outloud every day. It not only releases endorphins, but burns calories. Besides, life is short. Don't waste another moment in "might have beens" Start laughing. You'll be surprised how much better the day will go.

Happy shrinking!
csoar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:23 AM   #8  
Aleecia

Thanks for sharing. These are all so very true.
I especially like #5.

These are some great perspectives. Looks like they worked for you. Congrats on your success. You look great!
Old 09-19-2006, 02:31 PM   #9  
Finding the hidden me

S/C/G: 212/203/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone!
I just started my first diet ever last monday. I must say it has been quite a challenge for me. I am not an over eater, but I tend to just eat little bits of the wrong things. I am also an emotional eater-- I started putting on weight after my uncle, whom I was very close to died. I got therapy for that, but now it is time to take care of the damage I have done. I put myself on The Zone Diet, because it is pretty sensible and you can eat almost everything you want, just not in excess... Im glad to have found this site for support, and I wish you ladies luck on your diets!
TillyGirl04 is offline   Reply With Quote