Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2001, 03:34 PM   #1  

Default Ipo

I saw on cnnfn.com that Weight Watchers is going to issue public stock. Here's our chance to be a part owner of a company we really believe in!

ArnaP
Old 09-15-2001, 10:31 AM   #2  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Wow! I wonder what that does to the franchised owners? Very interesting.
Old 09-17-2001, 12:01 PM   #3  
imaleader

Default Initial Public Offering

Weight Watchers, Inc. did in fact apply to the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) last week (unsure of date -- but looks like it was 9/14/01) for a $100 million stock issuance. However, in an article by Elana Molinari posted by Reuters News Service yesterday, the IPO is being put to bed for a while -- not just for Weight Watchers.

"IPOs are clearly not a priority at this point, suggesting that Tuesday's tragic events will result in a major blow for the IPO market, which has been moribund for all of this year, amid steep market declines.

``The issuances that are going to appear first are those of preferred stocks,'' Cashman said. ``Then I expect activity in the REIT (real estate investment trusts) area, which provides significant yields and some secondary business. But the market of traditional IPOs from smaller companies will be gone for a while.''

But IPOs are not out people's minds altogether."

So, sit tight and let's see what happens. Right now (noon, EDT) the market is down 476 points... It will get better.

Closed Thread