Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-13-2006, 08:26 PM   #1  

Default Lapband surgery paying CASH? Florida??

I have had a breast reduction a few months ago and that was covered, I am having some back lipo done soon and insurance is covering some of that since it is medical.

Lapband or any treatment/surgery for being overweight is excluded from my UHC plan. One doctor told me to try using Vista that they have had the least problems getting this surgery approved through them but UHC is sooo good in other ways and you have to wait 3 months without insurance to switch to another company, I can't have that since I have a year follow up with my breast reduction that they covered. They also offer a capitol one loan but I have the worst credit.

Anyone save up the 17-20k and pay cash ? He charges 20k, I know some are cheaper, what did you pay if you did dish out the cash? I am not sure about South Florida and who is good and what not. I am seriously thinking about saving the money, I have been fighting the weight issue for 10 years now and I don't want to live the rest of my life this way.

Anyone know of good doctors in South Florida as well they can tell me about?
memories is offline   Reply With Quote