WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 11:44 PM   #1  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Default Calculating Marinade Points?

Question for all you seasoned WWers!

How do you calculate the points for a marinade? Example: I made my favorite chicken for dinner, mixed up the homemade marinade and calculated the points for the EVOO in there, etc. Fine. But what happens when you dump the marinade off the meat to grill it? Do you reduce the #of points or count them all? It doesn't really matter in this recipe because it came out to 1/2 point per serving that I added to my total points for the chicken, but if it were 3 or 4 points, and I was draining it off the meat and not eating it, I'm not sure how I should handle that.

Not sure if that made sense, but hopefully someone can answer me! LOL!
Old 09-13-2006, 12:36 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Here is a quick tip my leader gave me on marinades:

If there is added oils or sugars (includes fruit juice) add 1 point to the points for the meat. If there is no added sugars or oils then don't add any.

Some people actually figure the cal/fat/fiber for the 'marinade recipe' then measure it after and take what points are between the starting amount and the remaining amount and divide that between the number of servings.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:41 PM   #3  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Kelly! I was standing there scratching my head trying to figure out what to do! I think I'll follow the one point rule and just make that a standard for every time I marinade.
Closed Thread