View Poll Results: How long has weight been an issue for you?
As long as I can remember 4 33.33%
Childhood 1 8.33%
Teen/Young Adult 4 33.33%
Midlife or after child/children 3 25.00%
Golden years 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 11:24 PM   #1  
Losing it!

Talking Home of the Famous Loozing Floozies! #91

WELCOME to Floozie Land!
This is a great group of ladies all with a common goal in mind...
to make healthy food choices, add exercise to the daily routine and to lose or maintain their weight.
Feel free to stop in, check us out and hopefully stay awhile!

Lets ROCK & ROLL!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:38 PM   #2  
Losing it!

I'm helping Cheryl out while she takes a break. I hope she scurries back soon!
Thought it would be fun to add a poll into Suzy's daily motivations.

Weight became an issue for me in my late teens and then seriously my early 20's. Now, looking back, I was a healthy young adult who was average built, but thought I was fat. I NEVER had a weight problem until I started dieting and focusing on food. The past 10 years (I'm 43) has been a vicious cycle of up & down scales, writing down every morsel going in my mouth one week then binging the next week. I am sure food controls me instead of me controlling the food and what I allow into my body.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:44 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I was always heavy as a child - but generally just bigger than everyone else. I was tallest in the class and heaviest! I'm not sure if I was actually VERY overweight, or was it just that I got called fat, or that my mother was projecting her diet onto me? Anyway, when I was a teen I was SERIOUSLY overweight! And then I hit my 20s and started (actually I think it was before that, maybe 18) eating healthy and working out etc etc.

Anyways I'm a BLUE belt now I have the sheet to look at, so I know what I'm training to do for Brown, then I will be Black! Yeah baby!

I also cycled 15 miles to work this morning!!! How's that for Workout Wednesday? I'm sure I'll be drinking plenty of WATER too, since I must've lost about 10 pints!

I got to hold very small baby George last night. WOW! He's amazing! He was asleep and all little, and like a little doll. Then when he moved it was all wierd - kinda not expecting him to move since he looked like a doll! Sorry - never been around babies much! I'm all wide-eyed! I want one now! AFTER the wedding though - MUST fit into that dress!
Old 09-13-2006, 05:59 AM   #4  

Cheryl-Please don't stay away too long. You are nothing like you described yourself. You are outstanding in everything you do, just as Gayle said.

I have always had weight issues for as long as I can remember. I was taking diet pills in elementary school. I remember losing 10 lbs in a week. Now that I look back, I wasn't heavy at all. I'm not sure how I ended up with worrying about my weight always, but I know my mom was the same way.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:55 AM   #5  

Cheryl if you are reading this I want you to know that I miss you and am praying for you.

Gayle thanks for starting the new thread. I loved it when Sherry would do survey's. There cool and so are you.

Suzy I will go to the gym this afternoon and in a few minutes I am heading out for a walk.

2frust I love holding little babies but when they cry I hand them back. I am a toddler person.

Shelley how is the foot holding out. I can't believe that you took diet pills in elementary! That's bad.

Have a good day everyone. And I think I am down 1-1 1/2 pounds. Thanks to Suzy's motivation.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I was always the tallest one in my class and never really fat, but slightly pudgy through elementary school and junior high. I had friends that were shorter and weighed less than me and they were fat. I remember in 5th grade, we did some sort of pentathalon at school and one of the things we had to do was get weighed. My friend, who was ALWAYS teased about being fat, weighed less than me. No one ever teased me. I really felt bad for her then, but didn't know how to handle it because I WEIGHED MORE!

In junior high, my Mom would always mention things to me like, "only skinny girls can wear something like that" as I picked out clothes to buy. So I guess it was then that I realized I needed to lose weight (probably no more than 15 pounds, though). I couldn't get motivated, though--just did all those stupid "diets" that restricted way too much and I couldn't wait to get off of the "diet."

In high school, all my regular activities kept me at an okay weight--probably still needed to lose 15 pounds, but I still wasn't fat.

In college, I gained the freshman 15 (but not until I was a junior!!). I was pretty fat then--and I don't remember my weight, but the photos I have from then do show a lot of extra weight in my face. I lost it, but don't remember how (I'm 43 now and that was AGES ago!!!).

When I got married at 25, I remember weighing 165 and dieting down to 155 for the wedding. Then I was right back up to 165 where I stayed for quite a while. I remember deciding to lose weight again and decided to do it in a healthy manner with plenty of exercise (something that I had not done before). I had a new puppy that needed walking and we had a great park near our home. I made extensive body measurements and was all set to go. Then I found out I was pregnant. And we had just put our house on the market to sell and move to California. Talk about stress!!!!

It wasn't until I became pregnant the 2nd time that I found that piece of paper with all my measurements on it and I realized that I wasn't happy with my weight/body 4 years earlier, so I must still not be happy with it (I weighed the same). So I made a goal--as soon as baby #2 was weaned, I'll lose the weight. And I did. I went from about 172 post pregnancy weight down to 128. I was happy--size 8 (sometimes 6) and I was confident. I kept the weight off for about 5 years, and then it started creeping back on. Stress at work was the main culprit, but my rationalizing sure did contribute!

I decided last year to quit my stressful job of 14 years and take some time to be a Mom. I wanted to walk the dogs and lose some weight. I quit in August 2005 and did walk, but didn't watch my food. By Christmas, I had gained 8 pounds. I was supposed to start my new job in January and I felt terrible about myself.

Turns out I couldn't start the new job until April and I felt I had been given a reprieve. I stepped up the walking to 4+ miles/5 days a week. I watched what I ate and cut down on wine. Soon 15 pounds were gone and I was excited! I plateaued and then found 3FC's. I got over the plateau and here I am, down 30 pounds with only 8 to go until goal. I haven't been the best over the summer, but I'm determined to succeed!!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 01:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255.5/235.5/160

Height: 5"8"

God Morning All,

Cheryl - I hope all is well with you and that you are not gone long. I will pray that your self worth continues to grow and that you will return to us soon. Take care of yourself.

Gayle - Thanls for stepping up to the plate and keeping us going, you are doing a FINE JOB !!!!!

2frustrated - Babies are so lovable at that age, I can't wait til this new grandchild makes up it's mind to join the world outside it's mom.

Shelley - How's the foot ? I hope it is healing well. You didn't say much about your stomach problem so I hope it too is doing better.

Dee - CONGRADULATIONS !!!!!! wow 1 1/2 lbs. GREAT JOB !!!!! You GO GIRL !!!

Allison - I can relate to the height thing, my best friend wasn't even 5' tall and I can remember my mom always calling us MUTT and JEFF!!!!!

Weight has been an issue for me from the day I was born. I was the biggest baby born at Mt Carmel Hospital for over 20 yrs. I came into this world at the whopping weight of 14lbs 10 oz and had long black hair and a tooth. I was almost 3 wks late, ( not unlike my newest grandchild to be) . My mom always told people I came out ready for school. I was pretty heavy til 5 th grade, when I had to have kidney surgury and was pretty sick. I remember going back to school and my mom had to get me all new uniforms.
By the time I entered junior high I was back up to over 100lbs, and it just kept coming. I remember when I graduated, in 1963, before alot of you were even born, I was 167 lbs. I went away to college, but stayed at that weight most of the first 3 yrs. Senior year I was married and was soon pregnant. It was a very hard time and I was sick all the time. I lost as much weight as most women gain, and when my 1st daughter was born I was down to 127 the day I left the hospital. 4 babies in the next 5 yrs and I was right back up to 170. I did well til 4 yrs later when I had my 5th baby and I have been gaining and loosing ever since. About 3 yrs ago I went to WW and got down to 158 and then quit after the holiday's and 10 more pounds. I made up my mind that this time I will never eat unhealthy again. I am addicted to PEPSIE. I have not had any soda since July 18th and I really am doing okay without it.

Well that was too long sorry. I went off program yesterday...BIG TIME, but I am back today. Have a good day all.

Monica
Old 09-13-2006, 02:10 PM   #8  

Monica I was so excited to see that you posted. I was hoping to hear the news that you had a new addition to your family. Oh gee we still have to wait. I am anxiously waiting for your news.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:13 PM   #9  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

for me probabbly since around 5-6th grade, you knew preteen stage? But I never seriously have been motivated like I am now , nowI am so much more adult and know for a fact this was a right choce and I am so motivated to change my life.

MY motive right now is that I am sick of my hair. I have long redish brown hair , I want a cute bob cut much like what jessica simpson has right now. Thing is I hate when i see really short hair on fat pepole. No offense to anyone but it to me it looks dispporpotionate and awkward. So when i lose the weight I can cut my hair. Gives me a long time to really think about it , and motivation.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:14 PM   #10  

Gayle I am coping this from another post I made;

I am looking at taking a class from Bob Ross. Have you done before the snowfall or oval essace (it is an ocean landscape). If you have which one did you like better and why?
Old 09-13-2006, 06:01 PM   #11  
Losing it!

Thanks Dee for reposting! I actually did remember it today on the way from work and was going to post to you. Since you love water so much, I would suggest the ocean scape. You will love doing an oval on canvas, it is so fun and you will be amazed when you pull the backing off! I wish I could join you for classes! YOU WILL HAVE A BLAST! Is it a one day class?
Congrats on the loss!

Not enough time to post to everyone! I will be back later!

BTW: I think it is kinda cool how we are all sharing our weight stories!

Lil' miss Shelley, I agree with Dee, where the heck did you come up with diet pills in grade school?
Old 09-13-2006, 08:02 PM   #12  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I've put on weight slowly over the years since I had my kids, but things really got out of control when my youngest was graduating and about to join the Marine Corps. It was one of the lowest points in my life and I was at my all time highest weight (can you tell I'm a stress eater?).

Speaking of stress eating...this week is proving to be a really difficult one. The press is reporting that the Al Anbar province in Iraq is most likely a lost cause and guess where Travis is going te be spending the next 6 months...just as deep into the Al Anbar province as you can get. Somebody please pass me a box of tissues and a gallon of death by chocolate.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Oh Suzy, know Travis is always in my prayers as you are. Can we wrap him in bubble wrap? I am hear for you always!

I started gaining weight in high school. I was active, but my parents were divorcing and it was hard on me. I am also a stress eater. Instead of dealing with my parents divorce, I sat in my room, ate and listened to music, so I couldn't hear what was going on. When I went to college, I continued my bad eating habits and when I was on my own....well, I hate to cook! I would never cook for myself, so I would stop at McDonald's or where on the way home from work, so I didn't have to cook.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:50 AM   #14  

Suzy-I am praying that Travis will stay safe.

Gayle and Dee-Would you believe my mom gave me the diet pills? She got them from her step-father, who was a pharmacist up north. Sick, huh??

Monica-I didn't realize you had so many kids. Kudos to you for not having Pepsi for 2 mos.!

It's been quite motivating to read all the weight stories. Thank you Gayle for starting us off!

As for the foot, it is still bad. I am still not running, except for the little bit I did a couple of weeks ago. The stomach is still bad. Getting old stinks!!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:25 AM   #15  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Sorry Floozies...I was having a bit of a pity party last night and forgot to post today's goal!

Happy "Think First Thursday"!

The goal today is to think first before you eat. Ask yourself those all important questions...Am I really hungry? Is there a better choice that I could be making? Is this the proper portion size? See if it makes a difference in what and how much you eat today.
Closed Thread