Old 09-11-2006, 11:33 PM   #1  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Question weigh-in day behavior

I mentioned this in the Losers and Friends thread but thought I should post it here as well so I can get some feedback before I go to WI tomorrow.

Do you have any special behaviors that you do on the day of your weigh-in? Drink more water, less water, skip breakfast etc.? I know that a gallon of water weighs around 8 pounds, so if I drink my usual 20-30 ounces before I weigh-in will that show up on the scale? I don't want to cheat exactly, but I do want to do everything I can to get those numbers down. Thanks.
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:03 AM   #2  

I am doing my weigh in at 9am in the morning. I don't eat or drink anything before weigh in. I eat a lite and fruit on the way home plus drink some water. I usually drink lemon water the night before.

I want to keep them early in the day becaues I would not eat the day of Weight watcher weigh in. I don't want to get back into that habit. of course then I would have a major binge... now I wonder why I didn't lose that weight.
Tree0164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:07 AM   #3  
Opulent

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeborah View Post
I know that a gallon of water weighs around 8 pounds, so if I drink my usual 20-30 ounces before I weigh-in will that show up on the scale?
Yes, you will be 20-30 oz. heavier than before you drank 20-30 oz. of water.
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I WI at noon, Mon, Wed and Fri.

At the beginning, I would eat breakfast most of the time. Then, when I was moved to purple from red, I stopped eating breakfast except for maybe a 4 oz yogurt. Last week I decided that that was not the right thing to be doing, and that I will eat breakfast like I always do before WI, and if I was up, it would only be for the one day until the weight fluctuated. It was worth it because now I can eat breakfast all the time and the scale will still show a real loss, because that is what I did the last time I weighed in.

I still won't have a starch, unless it's a biscotti or something, though.

I usually down two mugs of hot lemon water, then have my breakfast, which may be just a fruit or two, or a fruit and yogurt, or maybe even some veggie sausage links and 32 oz water. However, since I WI at noon, I don't eat or drink anything after 10:30 a.m. That gives my body time to get rid of the water weight.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:52 AM   #5  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Thanks, Ladies!
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I honestly wouldn't recommend doing "anything" in particular as far as omitting water, skipping a meal until after weigh in, etc. If you weigh in each week at the same time, for instance, and let's say you weigh in at 10am-if you eat breakfast each time before WI-then your results are still going to be consistent, KWIM? Skipping a meal is just omitting the pound or few ounces of that meal or drink...but if you skip it for a weigh in...then you are going to have to start doing it every time for the results to be consistent-like if you skip breakfast for your weigh in this week-and you weigh 178, and the next time you eat before weigh in and you weigh 178-you could have actually lost a pound but not realized it-because you skipped a meal the first time and actually weighed 179. Did that totally confuse you?

The only thing I DO recommend is wearing similar clothing and going at the same time of the day. Don't wear a tank and shorts one day...and then a huge sweatshirt, sweatpants, and heavy boots time.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:19 AM   #7  

Aphil - That's exactly why I started eating breakfast! It makes the morning wait until WI much more bearable!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:28 AM   #8  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

This is exactly the reason why I stopped going in 3X a week-during the week I can only go in the late afternoon/evening and I was doing stupid things like not drinking, skipping lunch and then eating a ton of food after WI to get it all in. Once I really didn't need the 3X/week counseling (cause I now know more than them!), I only go in when I can do a first thing in the am WI. Usually on Saturdays. It really helped my stress level.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:57 AM   #9  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

This is comical in a weird way because I was totally doing everything we should NOT!!! I used to ALWAYS weigh early, before eating or drinking, and always in shorts and a tank (then start poking it in for the rest of the day!). Now that it's cooler and I work all week that's just not possible anymore--even Saturday AM is tough with kid's schedules. Anyway--2 weeks ago the COD was lecturing because I was up when in reality I was down some, I was wearing real clothes and it was late in the day! I am going to have them document those changes so I/they don't get freaked out when the numbers change. There are a million reasons for the scales to be up (or down) when it comes to time of day, eating, drinking, and clothing. JM--I'm with you-- the 3x WI's were stressing me out. Lately 1x is rough, too!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:30 PM   #10  

I still need the 3x WI. That's one of the reasons I joined LAWL. When I was doing WW, I would go Wed. or Thurs., and then I would skip breakfast, WI at lunch, and then get whatever looked good for lunch. I used the fact that I just WI to binge, because that meal wouldn't count. Then, you could go off a little during the weekend, because WI wasn't for 3-4 days. It was a bad cycle for me.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #11  
Let's try this again . .

Cassi-

If I could go in 3X/week in the am-I probably would. But after 6 months and the first 50 lbs-the accountability is the only thing to go in for. I agree that I may justify a cheat, though, since I won't be going in for a week or two. That's something I'll have to figure out anyway for when I'm done going into the COD . . .
Old 09-12-2006, 12:49 PM   #12  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I used to "engineer" my weigh-ins too! Then I would be off plan for a day, get guilty and refuse to go to the COD until I lost weight. Next thing I knew, I hadn't gone in a week, etc.... (hence the re-start after 10 months). So, I guess - who am I kidding by doing all of that to weigh in? If I have a legit reason for the gain, I fess up (like a vacation or something - I am not bringing 4 boxes of lites with me on the plane, I'm sorry!).
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:56 PM   #13  
Let's try this again . .

Kimphin-just move up a plan for your vacation and eat all real food. Actually-I probably would take lites on a vacation-they're so handy to throw in your purse and eat while you're out and about.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #14  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Good idea! Thanks!

We go away every year for 2 weeks, to the Caribbean - I barely get my clothes and toiletries under the bag weight limit, much less LA lites! If I was travelling by car, I would probably bring them.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:19 PM   #15  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

not only would I not eat or drink, I was working out doing cardio before WI, then not drinking anything so I would be down what I sweat out. It got to be that I was so stressed getting my workout in and not eating until I was done at the WI I had to stop that, I felt like I was going to pass out.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote