Old 09-11-2006, 03:04 PM   #1  

Smile New member

Hello!

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Maria and I'm from Austin ,TX.
I have 3 children, 2 girls and 1 boy. My youngest is 3 months old. Since her birth I have lost 15 lbs. My weight pre-pregnancy was 235. I developed gestational diabetes in my 6th month of pregnancy. I was able to control my glucose levels with diet alone and therefore did not have to take insulin shots. I now weigh 220 lbs. While I was pregnant I did a great job staying away from sweets. I swithced from regular soda to diet. But now that I no longer have diabetes I have started the sweets back up I know I can lose weight if I really put my mind to it. Now I am determined more than ever to lose weight. My mother has diabetes and just recently had to have 2 stents put in due to cholesterol. I do not want to go through that.
dreamer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:18 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Maria! Hop right in and join us on the "week of..." thread!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:55 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!! I have 3 children also, two boys and one girl. My oldest is 15 and a sophomore in High School and my youngest is 5 and just starting kindergarten tomorrow. I am determined to lose my weight this time as well, I started 5 months ago and have to honestly say that this is probably the first time in my life that I have lost weight in a "healthy" manner. I look forward to getting to know you!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Maria,

I don't have any children, but I'm a new member too!

Good luck!
Princsstrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:37 PM   #5  
Big Gurl

S/C/G: 230/227/145

Talking I'm new too!

My name is Gretchen, I just turned 30. Another big milestone, I hit 230 pounds last month, the highest I've ever been and nasty on my 5'5" frame. I am in the first 2 days of "starting over" with my sister-in-law. I have a super hard time with discipline so I'm hoping that this site will help keep me motivated, along with the fact that I am going home in November for a visit and don't want to be this big and uncomfortable. I have been and will continue to check in on here and see how everyone is doing as often as I can. I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Plus, congratulations Maria.
Big Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:29 AM   #6  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Hi there! You've come to a great place! Posting here, and reading about everyones successes and hardship keeps you in the right frame of mind. I am 29 and mommy to my DD 2 1/2 yrs. Nice to meet you.
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:34 AM   #7  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Where is everyone?

Ok, confession time...
Last night, I was so busy that I just had 2/3 of a can of soup (3pts) and a WW dessert (3pts) I had 5 points left, and was planning to have some pop corn. Well, DH came home at 8:30 with pizza. I thought, well one peice will be around 5pts if I pick off most of the topping. I had the one peice, then another, yes, and then another. I had been fine all day, but then was PMSing in a major way, and that pizza was a major comfort, plus I was really hungry. I hope I haven't derailed myself. Tonight is weigh in, and I would really like to lose more then a pound. (I know I know a pound is a pound but......)
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote