South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 01:58 PM   #1  
Michael Ann 1973

Exclamation Is Soda our enemy?

This was a fascinating article about soda and diet soda. Look at the last page and see what they say about diet drinks. Scary!!!

http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/ar...ntid=100144067
Old 09-11-2006, 02:32 PM   #2  

Thanks fer posting SunnyB.. DH dropped 20 pounds in 6 months just switching from regular to diet pepsi... BUT the poor dear has a 6 pack a day diet pepsi habit now I emailed him the article..
Soda is the one bad habit I never had.. If I drink one in a month that's alot... give me home brewed Ice tea or COLD water any day!
Old 09-11-2006, 02:57 PM   #3  

I know the carbonation will tear the heck out of your stomach. I have been a Pepsiholic on and off for years and gave it up for a whole year once then slipped back into it. I am now off again and waiting for the withdrawal bomb to fall.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 09-11-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:08 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL I have been "blasted" on here for saying pretty much that same thing that the article says, especially about diet sodas. I stand by my comments!
Old 09-11-2006, 08:13 PM   #5  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

So the carbonation issue would apply to sparkling water, club soda and the like as well, I guess. Whenever I get a craving for something fizzy, I drink one of those over soda. I figure it's still not as good as plain water, but not as bad as diet soda.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 296/267/180

Height: 6'1"

Sodas, diet or regular KILL my kidneys! I can sneak in about 2 "meals" worth in a three week period. I usually drink 2 - 3 glasses at a time when I do, and its usually when I'm out to eat.

Dr. Pepper is like nicotine to me, I crave it, think about it, try to talk myself into and out of it multiple times a day, and then usually give in and indulge - and then pay for it all during the night when my kidneys won't let me sleep.

I try to go without, because one is all it takes and I'm obsessed again!
Old 09-12-2006, 12:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 203/146/150

soda pop is nothing more than a sugar-delivery device. Or, if you prefer the diet version, a fake-sugar delivery device. It has no food value whatsoever and has recently been linked by studies to osteoporosis in young adults - who spent their childhood drinking pop instead of water.

I think it's nasty.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:41 AM   #8  
Michael Ann 1973

I am seriously getting off this stuff!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:48 AM   #9  
Michael Ann 1973

Is the fat flush like South Beach?
Old 09-12-2006, 08:48 AM   #10  
Michael Ann 1973

You look incredible!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:55 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybunny View Post
I am seriously getting off this stuff!!!
Wise! Wise! Wise! I used to guzzle the stuff... but breaking that habit was one of the smartest things I've done! Saves a bunch of $$$ too. Go for it!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:41 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sunny, what's this about a fat flush? I've never heard of anything like that, that wasn't an awful scam and bad for your health. Avoid them, please!

Here's some links on soda from the Lean Plate Club, which was talking about this too:

Close Link between soda consumption and obesity

See how your soda ranks in the Beverage Guidance System

A graphic to help with the Beverage Guidance System
Old 09-12-2006, 12:02 PM   #13  
Fat to PHAT!!

S/C/G: 255/234/155

Height: 5'7"

Thankfully, part of my over all health plan included giving up caffiene. My pot of coffee in the morning is gone completely and I have one diet coke with lunch (caffiene) and a diet root beer for dinner (decaff) typically. I still find that I have a serious withdrawal headache if I miss that one at lunch. But this is a great improvement from my pre-lifestyle change regime!!
Old 09-13-2006, 03:54 PM   #14  

Well, here is my deal with soft drinks and obesity etc. I think everything in moderation is FINE! I mean if you eat or drink too much of anything its going to be bad for you. Drink water and a soda every now and then, not a 6-pack a day. I also think its pretty unfair to say that the cause of obesity is soft drinks. Clearly obese people arent living a healthy lifestyle and they are not eating right and exercising and that contributes to their obesity. Moderation in all aspects of life......dont blame it on one product just live healthier life.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 203/146/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal View Post
Sunny, what's this about a fat flush? I've never heard of anything like that, that wasn't an awful scam and bad for your health. Avoid them, please!
Well, the Fat Flush Plan by Ann Louise Gittleman is a healthy way to eat - not a scam and most definitely NOT bad for your health (How can a diet which emphasizes fresh whole veggies, some low glycemic fruit, lovely omegas/healthy fat in the form of Flaxseed oil, and lean protein be bad for your health?)

Fat Flush is a 3 phase plan, predates South Beach by a year or so and is the sanest plan out there (trust me here - I've tried most of them before stumbling on Fat Flush ). I reached goal in just over 6 months and have been in maintenance (Phase 3) for about 3 years. Hard to argue with that kind of success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnybunny View Post
You look incredible!
You are my NEW best friend. LOL! you can read more about me here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76734
Closed Thread