General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/202/154

Height: 171 cm

Red face love & crushes

I'm sorry, this is not about weight loss at all. Actually, it is a little. If I didn't have to lose weight, I probably wouldn't have this problem.
Anyway, I've never been lucky about romances. And that's not actually a problem I'm discussing here, but I used to have crushes. And feelings. You know, girl stuff. But now, I don't. I never get crushes anymore! I never make guy friends. I don't even like guys. No, I'm not going gay, but still, I feel like I am becoming asexual. Me and my friend actually formed an asexual club once, but she then got a boyfriend and left me to be the only member. Anyway, anyone care to comment?
Old 09-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/194/140

Height: 5'7

Ha ha! In today's world...it might not be a bad idea for some to become asexual. I actually went through an "independant woman"-type of phase. I didn't want a man and if they'd even look in my direction I'd give them the "don't even think about it, buddy" look.
Fortunately, for me, I met a good guy and now have a baby. I don't really have crushes either...at least not for a good couple of years. Celebrity guys aren't really that attractive to me anymore. Hummm....that's strange!
Cute post!
Old 09-11-2006, 02:05 PM   #3  

h'i!
that's great that you found a guy and had a baby! I adore babies.
But the thing is I DO feel attracted to celebrities.
And it's not that I turn down guys who come on to me.
It's just that there are almost NO guys in my world, except the dudes in school, and I actually sometimes forget that there's a seperate gender of people.
That is SO sad, I just realize...
Old 09-11-2006, 02:11 PM   #4  
hara hachi bu

I can kind of relate. I've had times in my life where I don't date, don't have interest in men, etc. I haven't been like that lately and I wish I could pick up some of that attitude ... but lately I'd really welcome some romantic energy in my life. I've had a lot of bad and mediocre dating experiences lately and I'd like some good ones. I think it's normal for our sexuality/romantic urges or whatever it is to wax and wane.

I find that it's easier for me to lose weight when I am excited about a potential love interest.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:31 PM   #5  

I am mrried for over a year now. I am 24 and I feel like I have lost the sexual drive totally...I dont know why? My husb is very caring and loving and I have no complaints with our relationship. I love him like crazy and everything in our life is great. He had some loss of libido a year ago but that was temporary (6-8 months) and now that he is back to normal, I dont feel very aroused and I just want to go to sleep at night.

I dont know if its temporary or what. I know its due to some issues of myself but I just feel like doing anything about it. I dont miss anything.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:41 PM   #6  

that's exactly what i'm talking about!
I was just listening to music, and I got this sudden urge to have a crush.
it's been a LONG while, and I miss that.
I miss seeing that person online and talking, dreaming, and fantasizing (blush), having progress, stupid one night stands etc...
nothing. zero.
it's like i'm living in a all girl world.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:21 PM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

It is OK to go periods of time without the company of a man. When I got my first divorce, I went 3 yrs. without seeing anyone. I simply felt totally uninterested. I was busy with my own life. I felt I was totally asexual during this time. I am married now and things are pretty good. But, that 3 yr. abstinence was like a whole 3 yrs. of not having to put up with anyone elses crap. It was just the break I needed.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #8  

Men are far more trouble than they are worth... IMHO
Old 09-11-2006, 04:13 PM   #9  
I restore Teeth.

neverland,

I feel like that is how I feel half the time. Seriously, I thought there was something wrong with me. But you see, I could attribute it to my not-liking men.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:15 PM   #10  
hara hachi bu

I have a cute and relevant quote to share:

If you want to sacrifice the admiration of many men for the criticism of one, go ahead, get married. --Katharine Hepburn
Old 09-11-2006, 06:16 PM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

My oldest sister's favorite comment on marriage is "Marriage is a fine institution, if you like institutions that is". I should add that she's been married 3 times and all 3 of them cheated on her including the current one.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #12  
LLV

My favorite quote, that I actually posted on another thread, is....

Men are nice to look at, I just don't want them in my house (in so many words).

lol
Old 09-12-2006, 03:39 AM   #13  

Oooooh, that is so sad!! (cringe)
Old 09-12-2006, 05:32 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7''

Neverland I know exactly what you mean - I can look at celebs and think yeah they are cute but for the past few months I just can't be bothered with guys in real life. Even when I'm on a night out I am happy to just chill out - I honestly never notice any guys.
I'm not gay and am not too bothered right now about it but yeah, like you I'd love someone to fancy right now...
Closed Thread