Old 09-10-2006, 09:55 PM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default **Weekly Chat - 11 Sept - 17 Sept**

morning ladies

well the weekend was a good one apart from it raining for almost the past 72 hours its bucketing down now.

i got to the gym on sunday morning and had a cardio session. just 60 minutes with a little ab work and stretching - so hard to keep my mind from wandering, but i made it through.

i am still a little under the weather from this cold that is nagging at me but am determined to plod through. i have had enough excuses over the past 3 weeks to not move and eat crap - i will not allow it to be 4 weeks in a row.

i hope everyone had a great weekend.

stephie - does cycling or cross training do anything for you cardio wise, while getting over your shin splints? how about getting in the pool for a swim?

CONGRATULATIONS on the new job!!!

Fae - congratulations on quitting smoking. i have just passed my 5th month anniversary of quitting. still get the cravings occasionally, but not as strong as month 3. all quit smoking aids are gone too

lizzie - have you tried allocating some calories for the evening when you want to snack? that way you won't be wrecking your intake for the day and still subsiding those cravings. have some jelly (jello?) or an icy pole.

jen - operation tanline has me intrigued. can't wait to see the picture! you can't back out now

heather - welcome back! you have been MIA for quite a while - glad to see you back on board
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 10:04 PM   #2  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys! things are goin good for me. Ive been walking every day pretty much, and i think im going to go for another walk this evening because its so nice out! Im almost looking forward to weighing myself on friday to see if ive lost anything else, after my 2lb loss last week. :-)
I was sitting down today on my spark people trying to figuer out what i ate today, and i realized, i didnt snack today! i wasnt even hungry. Whereas latley i was snacking constantly throughout the day. so im proud of myself. ive been drinking SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much water lol. Aside getting up every 5 min to pee im feelin great about myself!
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 10:53 PM   #3  
Proud US Navy Wife

Wow its still Sunday night for me! Ah well...

This weekend's main event was going to an air show at the base where my boyfriend is stationed, mainly to watch the Blue Angels fly. It involved a 2 mile walk between our car and where the airshow.. woo! The show was amazing.. the only downside is that i am extreamly sensitive to sun, and as usual left my sunscreen at home, so Im bright red right now!!

I also stopped at the grocery store twice today.. once to pick up some cereal and LeanCuisines (since I like to come home for lunch breaks rather than go somewhere to get food!), and then once again to get salad things, since I realized i eat no fruits or veggies.. Im insanely picky, and the frozen foods I picked up have some... but a glass of fruit juice with breakfast and some salad with lunch and/or dinner will help with that! I also got a little water bottle to take to work with me (I have a larger one, that holds 8 glasses of water, but its not really practical to bring around)

The last exciting thing is that I started (once again) to save money for when the weight comes off (and it will come off this time!) for new clothes, haircut, etc... $40 a month goes in there, hopefully I'll have a nice stash saved up for a well-deserved shopping spree! (and on a random note, I love water weight comming off, this morning when I weighed myself it read 210.. hehe)

Daisy - Thanks! You too. I never used any aids, I just said "ok, no more".. although, the fact that I now live with my boyfriend and dont smoke around him was a big help, heh.

Marines - congrats on the walking! And yay for water, Ive been drinking more too... just drank my first can of soda in 2 days (diet.. but I grew up around diabetics, so ive always drank diet, heh)

Talk to you lovely ladies later!

~Fae
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:52 PM   #4  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Default Hi!

I want to be accountable, so I'm hoping I can join you ladies. I've been reading your posts off and on for a couple months, and decided to jump right in.

I have been watching calories and trying to make better food choices. Things are going pretty well overall. I really REALLY want to spend the second half of my twenties fit and thin and happy, so I hope to be maintaining by next May, when I turn 25.

Hello again!
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:05 AM   #5  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

Hey guys! This is the first official week of the weight challenge. (we just met last week to meet our teams)
So I was up and at yoga this morning at 7:30 with 2 of my teammates. Then we weighed in as a team after class!! I have made three major goals to aid me in my weight loss. And am making mini goals for each week (its a 10 week program)
One of the major goals is journaling which I am never good at writing down everything I eat! But hopefully this time I will stick with it!!

Daisy: Glad you had such a Fab weekend!

Marine- Good Job on the walking! It always feel good when your cravings begin to be conquered!!

NewDay: Welcome! This is a great group of ladies to support you to your DREAMS!

Fae- doesn't it feel good when you get some activity in that doesnt feel so much like exercise? The two mile walk from the car was probably a LOT more fun than two miles on the treadmill!
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:55 AM   #6  
Proud US Navy Wife

NewDay - Welcome! We're glad to have you.. jumping right in is the way to go. What kind of exercise plan are you doing?

Slimming - Hehe it was.. and it didn't really feel like exercise. Like the boyfriend said, I'm used to walking 5+ miles a day, since I don't drive (although hes making me learn now, hah). Granted, my work is really close to where I live now, instead of the mile and a half it was in Pennsylvania, but still.... And I prefer a sunny walk with my boyfriend to a treadmill any day!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:36 AM   #7  
No More Excuses!

ANOTHER POUND LOST THIS MORNING!! *DANCES AROUND* IM SO EXCITED! I cant believe how quickly the lbs are coming off this time.. Granted its only 3 lbs in like a week and a half, but its better than i usually do and im eating healthy, and feeling good.. Just goes to show im not meant to be this weight.. im only this weight because of the way i was eating... lol im so excited!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 12:36 PM   #8  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Down a lb from last weigh in...IM BACK! Played kickball on Sunday for about an hour. We clobbered the other team so that meant a ton of running the bases...shins feel just fine. So back to working out I go! I have a ton to do today so may not be able to get as much time at the gym in as I would like but you better believe that I am going!

This weekend went excellent. Had slimfasts for brekkie, had pria bars and or nuts for snacks. First time I have been on the road and planned ahead actually following the plan. Oh and just to let you ladies know, it is totally true what they say about breakfast...it helps so much just making yourself get some fuel in the morning.

Thanks for all the congrats on the job. I am super excited! I get to pull out my dress up wardrobe once again. I have also finally picked the school I will be attending. It is San Franciscos Academy of Art...they do degrees online in Photography...in 2 years you get an Associates then you can go 2 more for a Bachelors and 2 more for a Masters! All costing me nothing...this deal is so sweet!

Lizzie - oooh a 5k! Sounds awesome what a great motivator to stay in gear!

Daisy - You know I played kickball last night, lots of running bases since we clobbered them and the shins feel great! More than great. So cardio here I come!!! Great job on getting back to the gym despite the cold, your a trooper

heather - Sounds like you are so getting back into the weight loss groove. It looks as if being on here is really an important key to your success...having a group to relate to.

Fae - Saving $$$ for goal sounds so motivating! You go girl... I know you can do it!

Christine - I don't think we have met. HI and welcome to the forum...

slimming - Mini goals are really the way to go. Good luck on your challenge.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:57 PM   #9  
No More Excuses!

stephie- i totally agree that this group really kicks me ingear. Its amazing what a wonderful supportive group of people can do for you! Also, i might be going back to Connecticut this winter to stay with my best friend for a while and get a job and such, and i want to be thinner when i go there so thats alot of motivation. Andrea and i have been best friends since 1st grade, and one of us is always bigger than the other lol and for once i want to be the smaller one! lol
Old 09-11-2006, 02:17 PM   #10  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone!

I want to join this... I always see it and never post, and decided that maybe it would be smart to! I'm struggling losing anymore weight. I've been at 117 for the past 4 months, and have not BUDGED! I'm getting pretty discouraged that this platue (sp?) has lasted so long. I'm not sure where to go from here, or how to boost myself over it. Any suggestions would be VERY much appreciated!

How do you all continue to lose weight at such a steady rate? I go through months without losing anything, then out of nowhere the scale says I lost like 4 Lb's, and I'm not sure why I can't just lose consistantly...like a pound or two a week.
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:32 PM   #11  
Proud US Navy Wife

Oooo I'm so excited.. a conversation with a friend of mine from back in PA, who moved to MD right before I moved here, and we decided when I go shopping she is going to be my stylist... because shes good like that. Here's to needing a lot of money for that.. I hope I can pull it off!

Micky - maybe try varying your exercise routine.. I know when your body gets used to one thing, it tends to lose less
Old 09-11-2006, 03:17 PM   #12  
Goodbye Fat!

Goodness, alot of conversation already today. I had another 3lb lose so I am really excited. I have been really trying to plan my meals ahead of time to prepare for the next day and I think it is paying off. Powerwalked with my Mom yesterday evening instead of watching tv. We are both trying to be more active, plus the walk was nice to catch up on conversation.

Daisy: hopefully the exercise will help kick the last of your cold.

marinewife: congrats on the weight lose and it is a great feeling when you forget about food. This can be a struggle for people you eat emotionally and don't realize where that pint of icecream went.

newday4metoo: welcome aboard!

slimmingdown: writing down everything I eat is really hard for me to do as well. When I feel that I might be getting off track I will write down what I eat, but when I know I have had a good day I don't bother and just put a smiley face.

stephaniewilliams: congrats on the job and for getting school paid for. my previous job paid for all of my college and it was great. All my friends now complain about paying back student loans, and I sure am glad I don't have to worry about that.

mickey: I would have to agree with Fae trying changing up your exercise routine. Try something that you normally don't do...go for a swim or hike

Fae: Have fun on that shopping spree!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:22 PM   #13  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Daisy- Well, I think the problem for me is just the emotional aspect of night time eating and not really a physical hunger. I'm usually not REALLY hungry, I just want food to make me feel less bored or lonely or whatever. Thats what I really need to work on .

Fae- I used to never eat veggies either, but once I started trying different ones made different ways I realized how much more food I could eat without going over my calories. Maybe you could start with ones w/o much flavor like..zucchini. That way you can make it taste like whatever you want.

Christine- Welcome!! Sounds like you've got a pretty good plan going on.

Slimming
- Do you have a yoga program through your work or do you guys just meet at a specific place to do it? I've been wanting to start yoga, but I can't ever fit it in with everything else.

Stephie- I hope one day I can find an employeer who will pay for me to go back to school. But that's assuming I can find someone to hire me after I graduate so .. who knows. You've got so much exciting stuff going on!

Amanda- I wish I knew a good answer to why it is so hard to lose weight consistently. I would guess that since you are pretty close to goal it is harder for you because your body is hanging on to those last few pounds for dear life. How tall are you? For most platueas I think the best thing to do is up your cardio maybe 30 more minutes a week, or even just up the intensity of what you've been doing.

I'm glad to see we've actually got some life on this thread today!! What a great way to start off the week. I'm trying very hard to not stress out, but looking at my planner is already making me nervous. I'm confident that I can fit all my work outs and stuff in, but I think it will help if I can wake up early enough to get in some cardio in the mornings. Tonight is turbo kickboxing, which I love and am totally excited about.

HOWEVER, my dad is bring me my new computer so I have to go to dinner with him first. I've been pretty good all day, so I should be fine. Plus, I don't want to eat food that is going to slow me down in class.

All of my football teams lost BADLY this weekend. It was very depressing, but I'm still excited it is football season.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 176/176/120

Height: 5'2

Hi guys I really need the accountability. I know what I have to do, but I have not been doing it. Starting today I will eat better and move more I have 15 pounds to go. It seems that I have been trying to lose weight forever.
Candai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:27 PM   #15  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the advice! I'm 5'0" tall, and just can't budge anything. I'll try changing it up and boosting my cardio up again....It's just so frustrating to keep being at this same weight for so long!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote