Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 09-10-2006, 09:40 PM   #1  

Default Knee Wrapping

My trainer suggested I wrap my knee to stabilize it or get a knee brace from a running catalog. Does anyone know how to wrap a knee or has anyone used a knee brace? I don't want to make things worse.
susanje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:11 AM   #2  
Working My Way Back Down

I used a knee brace when my knees were really bad. My doc suggested the elastic ones that volleyball players use. He had me wearing the all the time for awhile, alleging that keeping them warm (which these braces certainly did!) would keep them moving more fluidly. I ended up with 2 pair, taking the padding out of one to use most of the time. I left the padding in the others for times when I had to be on my knees. Really helped. I'm not sure that they'd be ideal for exercise, but certainly not too expensive to try.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:37 PM   #3  
Mel

I used ace bandages and wrapped as if I had a sprain. I also used the neoprene sleeve type with a circle cut out over the knee cap. I wore them all the time when I played tennis and raquetball, and they seemed to work fine for lifting. My knees were HOT.

One of my clients wears a very fancy nylon and velco knee brace- I'll ask her on Wednesday where she got it. I know it was somewhere online.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:00 AM   #4  

Thanks. I looked at the volleyball braces and the neoprene/velcro. They seem to be about 25.00 which would be, to me, worth it if I could stabilize the knee. Thanks much for the input.
susanje is offline   Reply With Quote