Old 09-09-2006, 09:36 AM   #1  
taco salad

S/C/G: 191/145/130

Height: 5'2

Default I need a tub of ice cream.

My boyfriend of 1 year and 8 months broke up with me yesterday, and moved out. Never looked me in the eye. I have never felt this bad before, my heart actually HURTS, and I didnt think that was real. I can't stop crying at all. I'm so upset, and he doesn't even care. I wish I could make him feel what I feel. Then maybe he wouldnt have been so cruel.

I have nothing left now, I've been with him so long I dont know what to do. He helped me with everything, especially my diet and now i'm stuck without him and its not fair. Now I have to tell everyone at the COD that the boy who is always with me isnt with me anymore.

I'm so lost.

I just want a big tub of ice cream and a spoon.
and maybe him too. =(
CassyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 09:46 AM   #2  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Cassy--nothing I can say will heal your pain right now but I am so sorry you are so miserable. You have a lot of time invested in the relationship and have every right to be sad. Was there any explanation?? You need something for closure. (and I don't think the ice cream will do it--not that ice cream won't help temporarily!) I won't be a hypocrite and say don't eat it--because in your shoes--I would. Know that we are all here for you and think you are terrific and even though it doesn't help today--there is someone out there that is just perfect for YOU and that you are just perfect for and I firmly believe you will find him and even better he will find you and appreciate you. Take care of yourself--you are too special to let him control your every emotion. We love and care about you.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #3  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Cassy - I am so sorry to hear this. Sounds like it was totally unexpected and I feel your pain. Take it from one who knows (me) that time does heal all hurt. The important things to remember here are to truly take care of yourself. Keep yourself busy with friends, family, hobbies, exercise, this website, whatever it takes; don't watch sad things on TV or listen to sad country songs. Cry as much as you need to. If you want to stop crying, try to whistle and cry at the same time -- it can't be done. Of course you are going to focus on this for quite a while, but try not to let it get the best of you. Be strong, determined and dig deep to focus on all the positive things in your life; don't try to dig too deap to figure out what YOU did wrong because odds are you did nothing wrong; your ex just has a new agenda in life; men can be so selfish (so can women, but for now it sounds like the guy is being selfish).
I am no Dr. Phil or Oprah, but I can tell you that what has happened to you has happened to many folks (both men and women). It hurts and it doesn't seem fair, but it can and will get better. We're all here for you. Jenni is going through a similar situation and Pearl will hopefully hop on and offer the best words and advice.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:50 AM   #4  
Weight-Loss Warrior

S/C/G: 195/188.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Cassy,
Cry, let it out. It does get better. I was in a similar situation last year... I moved out of the man's house who I thought I would marry, have babies with, and live happily ever after. I thought I would never find anybody to replace him. I cried, I ate and I gained 25 lbs. But you know what... now I am in a relationship with a guy that is so much better for me. It takes time, it is going to hurt for awhile, I won't lie to you but there is a good reason I'm sure that you broke up. Give yourself time to let it all out, and talk to us... there are many people here that can relate and would be glad to be a shoulder to lean on.
Liz-z78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:02 PM   #5  

I'm so sorry that he has done this to you. Big time hugs for you. I have no advice, I just wanted to let you know that my heart goes out to you. Take each day as it comes, and soon the hurt will let up a little bit. Hugs.... take care of yourself!
Linds81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Cassy -
I have to agree with what others have already told you. Time will heal your pain. And the right person WILL come along.

Ice cream is not the answer, although it may feel good at the time. But stop and take a look at how much you have lost and how far you have come.

We are all here for you! hang in there!! I hope you can see through this sadness.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:57 PM   #7  
FBD/8-18-08

Cassy - Of course it hurts! And it hurts physically, emotionally, mentally, and even spiritually if you planned your future with this man. But honey, what do you mean, "I have nothing left"???? You've got to be kidding! You are one awesome, amazing woman, who has taken control of herself and is on top of things! I know you say "he helped me with everything, especially my diet", but who really did it??? Who really lost 33 POUNDS??? YOU DID GIRLFRIEND! NOT him, YOU! You have EVERYTHING left! You have your amazing personality, your love for your friends, you even have a bunch of us here for you! You've got your whole future ahead of you! This isn't the end of the book, you're just starting a new chapter!
What do you tell everyone at the COD? You tell them you lost even more weight - 180# or whatever he weighed.
As for what you need to do now - you need to HEAL! You need to brush yourself off, hold your gorgeous head up, and immerse yourself in things YOU enjoy! What's your passion? Where's your heart? Art? Music? Reading? Writing? Home Decor? Car mechanics? Nasa? Rocket Science? Honey, you find something that makes you happy, makes you feel invigorated, makes you feel alive, and you do it for YOU!!! What about learning the Tango? Picking up a new language? Needlepoint? Brick laying?
As time passes, your heart will heal, your weight will continue to drop (BECAUSE YOU ARE WORTH IT!), and someone who will cherish you will suddenly be in your life. (The right one!) Someone who is smart enough to know how lucky HE is to have YOU in HIS life! Someone who is not threatened by the CONTROL you now have over your life! Someone to support you for who you are, not because you've lost weight, but because you are AMAZING!
So, you take a little time to cry it all out. And while you're doing that, you stay POP! Because YOU ARE WORTH IT! You deserve to reach your goal! You don't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing you fail "just because he left"! You don't need him to succeed with LAWL or anything else!
Cassy, you are a strong woman. A woman who has survived adversity before and will survive it again! This is a bump in the road, not a gravesite! You will come out on the other side of this! Don't give UP!!! Don't give IN!!!
Honey, if he didn't realize what a prize you are and what a blessing you were to him, then you'll find someone who does! You wouldn't want to settle for less! You deserve that!
So, if you still feel like you need a tub of ice cream - go look in the mirror and see exactly where that ice cream is going to end up! Then ask yourself if it's worth it after all you've accomplished on LAWL. You don't want to throw it all way, start over, or worse, let yourself go back to the deathly way of eating. You had a reason for starting LAWL, YOU! YOUR FUTURE! YOUR HEALTH! YOU! BECAUSE YOU'RE WORTH IT!
Okay, I think I'm through. I hope you'll forgive me if I hurt your feelings or said anything to offend you. I just want you to see yourself the way I know others see you. Strong, able, funny, full of life, and VALUABLE!
I'm here for you girlfriend! We all are!
Hugs (and kleenex),
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:48 PM   #8  
taco salad

S/C/G: 191/145/130

Height: 5'2

Good god, pearl.
You're wonderful.
Thank you so much. That has made my day.
CassyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:08 AM   #9  
FBD/8-18-08

And you just made mine!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:38 PM   #10  

Height: 5'7.5"

So sorry for the pain Cassie. I figure it's his loss. When I was dating I tried to look at it as weeding out those not right for me,who needs the wrong guy?! Now the guy that's right for you is free to enter your life. I agree,don't listen to/or watch anything romantic for at least a few months. And if you 'need'/or want ice cream get a small little cup,eat it with the little plastic spoon,and when you throw it away in the garbage..tell youself outloud,'that's it'..I am not going to have this guy,whose already hurt me,set me back from the goals i have for myself. Take care-hugs-Focused
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:40 PM   #11  
Shannon

Height: 5'3"

Pearl is right - it was you who lost the weight - yes he may have been there for the encouragement but it was you who had the self control and will to do it. The dixie cup of ice cream is a good idea it will give you the satisfaction as you had a little bit but won't thrown you off program... As for the COD, you don't have to say a word to them if you don't want to or if you're not ready. If you want leave it at that you are having some stress in your personal life but you don't want to talk about it - they aren't 'counsellors' that are going to help you work it out.

Unfortunatley the only thing you can do is move on, gain some personal closure and lean on friends and family that you are close to. When I've had a broken heart in the past I tend to take up something new - whether it be the gym, a sport, a new hobby then I get embedded in it and my brain doesn't think abou thim.

Good luck - the lawl 3fatchicks gals are here for you!
Shannon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:20 PM   #12  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Cassy - I just read your post. Poor babe, I'm here for you too Girlfriend.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote