Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-09-2006, 08:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/138/120

Height: 5'5

Unhappy Work Binger

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. I am kinda new and have already found a great girl to buddy up with! We have so much in common. I know we will help eachother! The only thing is, yesterday I ate 2000 calories! 500 over my goal. It's really only when I am at work that I have a tough time. I really want this! So I am hoping maybe someone can give me some ideas on how to avoid eating after dinner (unless its a healthy snack in my cal range). Please help!
Sherice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:24 AM   #2  
something witty

Hey Sherice!

Okay first breathe... relax. As far as calories go, you're fine. 2000 is still a good amount for an active woman. But I understand your distress- it's the going off plan that's frustrating!

I'd say first off, try giving yourself a calorie range (1500-1800 per day for example) instead of a calorie goal. I find it much less stressful.

And for the ideas on how not to eat at night... Well I don't know how to give advice on that without being a huge hypocrite I'm sure I've have a lot of great ideas.. that I can't seem to follow. Dang. Anyone else?
linki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/138/120

Height: 5'5

The calorie range does sound alot better! Thank you! I don't want to gain weight...so the 2000 scared me. Its soo weird because I have never been this obsessed with eating....until I started working out. Thanks for the support linki!!
Sherice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 08:06 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Sherice, I'm sorry you had a bad day.
Great advice from Linki. I agree... 2000 calories isn't a huge deal for one day. And having a calorie range is an excellent idea.

As for the night-time eating... it's okay to have an evening snack. It's easy to go overboard, though. The program I did earlier this year had me eating three meals a day plus three snacks. I alloted 100-200 calories for my evening snack, and usually planned it ahead of time so I knew what I'd have to look forward to.
It worked so well that it cured me of night-time binging! Even though I'm off-plan right now, I no longer have the urge to consume huge amounts of calories prior to going to bed.

I hope today is good for you.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:52 PM   #5  

Seriously, dont beat yourself up. I agree that a daily range is better than an exact limit.

As for the late night eating, if you are hungry have a healthy snack. If its boredom, try and busy yourself and drink some water. Clean a closet or vacuum. The water should help too. If you are hungry after 30 mins then result to a healthy snack. However you should try and avoid eating later in the night as much as possible. Good luck!
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 88.3/82.30/70 kilos

Height: 160cm

Structure definitely helps. Do you pre-plan your meals? Drinking loads of water is good too.
ms.cate is offline   Reply With Quote