Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-07-2006, 03:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/302/125

Height: 5'6

Default feeling like crap

Hey everyone!! I have been sick for almost two weeks. Everytime I try to workout I cough like crazy. Even on a little walk, Anytime I try to take a deep breath i cough. I'm getting really worried. I never have this problem, I get over colds rather quickly. Maybe it's the move. I don't know, but I'm feeling really bad. I worked so hard in August and now I'm back to the start. I haven't done my workout in two weeks. GRRR! My eating hasn't been great but I'm still losing. Today was bad, i binged. I'm feeling crappy and discouraged. I want to get back on track, I need to workout, I need to get stronger, I'm so worried that i'm not going to be able to workout if this cough doesn't go away. i don't have insurance here yet. So i have to wait to go, but if it keeps getting worse i guess i'm going to have to go see a doctor. I was happy about all the progress i made, i hate starting over. I guess i should focus on the positive, I'm alive and I'm in MN. I love it here. I don't know what else to say just needed to vent i guess. I'm really sad.
angiepants78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:47 PM   #2  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Angie Huggs to you for feeling so badly.

I too have a serious cough that won't go away and I may know your problem. Have you lived in your prior city very long before you moved? It could be the city change wreaking havoc on your respritory system. I am no Dr but have had allergies since i was a baby and my daughter was born with them too. We can visit another city and her and I will both suffer for weeks over it. Our lungs get used to breathing one kind of air then we force them to breathe a total different atmosphere and it starts it off.

My Dr and Allys Dr have always called them "allergy attacks" allergens we are not used to are attacking our lungs, and our lungs are taking them as foreign matter and trying to cough them up. Ours starts off as a dry cough but then as the lungs try harder and harder to get the "foreign" stuff out it starts causing a fluid build up and the cough turns to a wet cough which then goes to Bronchitis.

Long health history there but it may help you figure out what your cough is caused from. Again I am no Dr but my daughter and I take Alavert for it and we get it over the counter at Wal-Mart (Dr prescribed it to us the first time we used it and now we get it over the counter). It doesn't take the cough completely away but it does make our attacks shorter (we also both have breathing treatments we have to take on bad days). Maybe you can get it until you get insurance and can go to the Dr.

Hope this helps you another suggestion is chicken soup, coffee, hot tea, broth, HOT steamy showers...anything with steam that you can breath and relax the pores in your lungs...Hugs to you again..

Last edited by LeaLee; 09-07-2006 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Edited because 4 times i spelled cough C O U C H..haha
LeaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/154.4/135

Height: 5'6"

I have as asthma and use to get it only when I was sick or when I was working out. I got tired of going to the doctor's every time I was sick, since after a few weeks I would still have a cough and could not get rid of it. Same thing happen time after time and around the same time each year.

I would check with your doctor and talk to the about what is happening, since it no way to know unless you ask for help. I am glad I did since I had the same problem as you. I would lose a lot of weight and get sick and coughing would start then fall off the wagon badly. Since I started inhalers, this is the first summer I did not get sick much and when I did get the coughing I was able to stop it or at least get it to clear up fast. I glad I did it also since I get the attacks now also from allergies.
Sweetloml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:16 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Angie, I'm so sorry you've been sick. I know it well... it seems that every time I start a new exercise plan, I get some darned cough.
You're not starting over... what you did before was not a waste, hon. It was good for your body. Don't get discouraged... this happens to all of us. The important thing is that you get well, and that you don't give up!
Big hugs, sweetie...
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:51 AM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Angie, I was always told if you have a head cold you should be able to still work out. If its a chest cold don't. Your lungs are working hard enough as it is. But in your case,,,the ladies above sound right,,,
Get checked by a Dr.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/166/150

Height: 5'8"

I agree with the above post. When it's a simple head cold it's alright to exercise, but if it's anything more than that, you need to sit your butt down.

Your body needs to rest. When you exercise sick you run the risk of prolonging your illness or making it even worse. Last year I came down with an awful chest cold and tried weightlifting despite this. The next day I was completely useless. It made me feel awful.

Right now your body needs it's energy to get well. In the meantime, you might want to focus more attention to your diet. This way you won't lose track of your goals. Plus the clean food will probably make you feel better.
Hale_Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:06 PM   #7  
Determined

If it's been a couple of weeks, it's probably time to get to the doctor for a check up. Hope you feel better!
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 332/302/125

Height: 5'6

Today is such a sad day. Watching all the footage from 9-11 makes me so depressed, i can't imagine how the people that were directly affected by it are feeling. I'm happy that I'm feeling better and I'm now able to workout without coughing, it just seems so minor to even worry about these things. I hope everyone is doing ok.
angiepants78 is offline   Reply With Quote