Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2001, 09:25 PM   #1  

Default 12 Week Challenge WEEK 1 - 9/10-9/16

Forgive me Challengettes - there has been a sad family emergency the past few days...

ok SEPT. 10 - 16TH ... THE 2ND WAVE - WE'RE ON A ROLL!!

I will fill in more but you better believe we're up for this one. This is about determination, resilience, fortitude, focus, and compassion. For, we all know we can't be perfect all the time, but bit by bit - day by day we will get there, and are able to hold our own.

The essence of this challenge has been to see how by creating the momentum of a weekly checkin regarding points and weigh-in we can monitor ourselves and either solidly maintain our weight or lose what we've inadvertently gained and get back to goal.

So all those of you (we don't know who you are but we'd like to) who have been keeping tabs on this thread come on down and join the "fun". We'd love the support and would love to give it back.

More later...
Old 09-12-2001, 08:28 AM   #2  

Patch: I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

I am in for the 2nd wave - especially since I didn't do much during the first one. I have followed everyone else's progress though, and hope to be a member of the winning team this time around.

(Don't have to buy a new journal - I'm at Week 7!)
Old 09-12-2001, 12:16 PM   #3  
si, si signora

I'm here for week one for sure, gosh knows about the rest of the weeks, my trip to Iran may be cancelled. If not, well I rejoin this broadcast.....

Thanks Patch!

I'm hoping my pal Austingal joins in too.

lala
Old 09-12-2001, 12:27 PM   #4  
Ready to Offer Support!

Default Hiya!

I'm here and I'm in!! Thanks, lalala for the inquiries. Don't know when I'll ever post pics of the new abode - I'm not much of a picture taker. We love it, though.

I'm off to get a 12-week journal and to weigh in to find out how bad the damage is on those "inadvertently" gained pounds I've been lugging around. I have a formal Christmas party in December and a 20-year high school reunion next summer, so the long-term motivation should be there. It that's minute-to-minute willpower to not snack during the work day that I seem to be lacking lately. Hopefully, this challenge will spur me on. Yahooooo!
Old 09-12-2001, 02:22 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Patch: I'm ready to start the 2nd Wave! I came in a little late on this past one and am looking forward to embarking on a 12-week journey.

Thanks for getting it started!
Old 09-12-2001, 02:33 PM   #6  
Ready to Offer Support!

I just got back from my WW meeting and bought a 12-week journal. I am a little embarassed by how much over goal I am. It is quite a big number, but I am committed to getting closer to goal in the next few weeks, with the help of you fine ladies.

Goals for the rest of this week:

Work out at least 20 min. each day
Drink 72 oz. of water each day
Journal every day
Oh, and it would be great to stay within my points range, too! I guess that means that I will have to bring some of my own low-point munchies to work since I seem to be surrounded with Reese cups and M&M's.

Melissa and Seasaw- glad you are joining the effort! It seems that none of us were "on board" for the entire challenge last time, so we are all in the same boat this time.

Patch - sorry for your sad family news.

lalala - as always, I enjoy reading your posts, so I am really glad you are in on the Challenge.

I am excited about this - thanks again for letting me tag along!
Old 09-12-2001, 08:23 PM   #7  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Glad for the second wave of the challenge. I'm looking foreward to staying motivated and this challenge really helps.
Old 09-12-2001, 09:07 PM   #8  

Thanks Patch! I'm really looking forward to this new challenge! I appreciate the time and effort you put into keeping the rest of us organized.

My goal for the next twelve weeks - maintain, maintain, maintain. I have three more weigh in sessions to get Lifetime. Woo hoo! You guys will be the first to hear the hootin' and hollerin' all the way from Canada when that happens.

I have also got into a pretty good routine for exercise and will concentrate hard on maintaining my current level. Fall and winter will soon be upon us and what better way to spend my evenings than on my treadmill watching bad TV.

Since my weight loss has been steady since January I have made the realization that I need to buy all new clothes for the winter. Kind of nice but kind of expensive too! I bought a new pair of black pants for work today, size 8. Amazing. In January I was a 16. I never imagined I would hit single digits again........go figure.

I hope everyone and their family is safe and happy tonight.

Kena
Old 09-13-2001, 09:31 AM   #9  
LM

Okay, kids, surf's up!

Kena, I think I'm with you. Striving to maintain, but for me if a little loss comes along, I'll take it!
Old 09-14-2001, 04:19 PM   #10  

Great to read all you guys have been up to.

Needless to say this past week has been a total bust foodwise. I can't even bear to count the points.

But I have gotten up each day with my hubby and either biked or racewalked 4-8 miles. More to keep my sanity and his, out here on Cape Cod, than anything else. We've been so busy with his sister and brother-in-law just trying to handle everything... the hospital, the hospice, the funeral... keeping food in the house for the onslaught of friends and family that have been visiting throughout the ordeal, cleaning up, and keep his mom somewhat sane and taken care of... that perhaps this activity may have kept the weight at bay. If not so be it.

You guys are doing great... keep it up. My best as always
Patch
Old 09-16-2001, 12:44 PM   #11  
REC

Hello to all and good luck on the second 12-week challenge.

I'll be joining you, but by reading only. My new job has me doing long hours and long drives, so I don't have too much discresionary time (or an internet connection at my hotel) to contribute.

What I'll be doing different--I like the 12 week journal, but since I'm traveling 100%, I find the weekly one more convenient. It fits easily in my daytimer next to my pointsfinder and is less conspicuous. Eating healthy/point friendly is harder on the road.

I did find 2 new sandwitches that I just love and they really fill me:

1. 2 slices of a good, firm multigrain bread (I buy mine at a a bread bakery and assume 2 point per slice), low fat humus (1 point), one slice LF swiss cheese (1 point), thick slices of tomatos, red pepper, lettuce. The humus and swiss cheese are very flavorful for the points, so it doesn't taste like a salad sandwich.

2. Grilled mushrooms, onions, and green pepper in a wrap (4 ?points) with one slice provolone (1?), lettuce and tomato. The local hogie shop makes this and uses so many veggies that I only order it if I'm very hungry.

I went to TGI Friday's for lunch last week and they have a vegetarian grilled veggie sandwich that was out of the world! It had mozarella cheese on it, but if you eat it without the bread, it would be very point friendly. Even with the bread, it would be reasonable.
Old 09-17-2001, 07:12 AM   #12  

It's a new week and here are my partial results from last week (a few days are estimates - not a thing in the journal!)

Sat: 30 (est)
Sun: 28 (est)
Mon: 25 (est)
Tues: 21
Wed: 23
Thurs: 26
Fri: 23

Exercised three days. Average daily points: 25
Weighed in Saturday morning - .4 loss. Current weight 146.4 Target weight: 138
Old 09-17-2001, 07:26 AM   #13  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I'm starting the challenge at 163.2 lbs.

I'm nervous about this week because I really didn't exercise much. Couldn't with an impacted wisdom tooth, but I am getting that extracted today so hopefully next week will be painfree and I can get back to my activity. I did well keeping to points though. I'll let you know the damages Wednesday.

Monday 24
Tuesday 21
Wednesday 22
Thursday 23
Friday 23
Saturday 25
Sunday 21

Range: 20-25
Old 09-17-2001, 08:29 PM   #14  

Hey there guys. It's Monday night and I've just finished packing for the trip back home. I'm going to pack some veggies and rice cakes for the flight - with all that's happened with the airlines - we've been told to expect delays of 1 -2 hours.

I'll be starting the Week 2 thread tonight. Hope to start getting back to a more normal routine.

Ciao. Patch
Old 09-17-2001, 09:19 PM   #15  
si, si signora

Patch:
Have a safe flight. Good thing you packed food, just make sure you have nothing, and I mean nothing "dangerous" packed in your carryon. I have acquaintances (good spelling today, eh?) who have had nail clippers, tweezers and sharp objects taken away. In fact, one ff person said her underwire bra set off an alarm.

I would definitely give myself at least two if not three hours just to make it through security, especially if you are flying out of logan.

I'm going tomorrow too. I can't believe how stressful check in is going to be.

lala
Closed Thread