Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 12:05 PM   #1  
MOTIVATE!!!

Smile Getting ready to start back to WW

Tomorrow... I'm nervous! I need to lose this weight so bad. It seems like little things keep popping up and eventually those little things will turn into big things. My husband and I have been TTC for a bit now and my body has pretty much just shut down cycle wise. My Dr. put me on Metformin last week to hopefully get my cycles straightened out and told me with diet and exercise that I should be able to get these pounds off that my body has been holding onto regardless of what I try. A few years ago, after my daughter was born I started WW and lost 15lbs and then just started feeling discouraged because in the time it took me to lose 15lbs, my husband had lost FIFTY! I know men lose more rapidly but JEEZ! So this time I'm all in. Tomorrow is my first meeting and I will be doing my grocery shopping tomorrow too. The last time we bought the Smart One's meals because it really helped us with portioning and I saw how it worked for my husband so that's what we'll go back to.
Wish me luck! I can't wait to get to know all of you and watch our pounds shed away! I've got a 10 year reunion next year, talk about MOTIVATION!

Last edited by Shamernadi; 09-06-2006 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Frozen meals while nice for portion control are not 100% nutritionally sound. They contain a lot of sodium which can inhibit weight loss. You also get more food for the same or less points when you cook for yourself and many, many recipes freeze well for left over lunches.

The point of W/W is to teach you real life eating and not rely on frozen or boxed meals.

You also cannot get in your 8 Great Health Guidelines if you only use frozen meals. I will not argue that they can be a lifesaver but they shouldn't be your mainstay.

It is jsut as easy to cook and have portion control than it is to use frozen meals.

Look at some of the recipes that we have in this forum. I also have a bunch of family/kid friendly W/W recipes if you want to e-mail me at [email protected] I'll be happy to share (they are easy and really easy to see the portion sizes).
Closed Thread