Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-05-2006, 01:49 PM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default :( Y i wont go swimming

Here is the evidence to show why I wont go swimming. I dont think I have the right body for it and I feel uncomfortable with how I look in the costume.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0017.jpg (25.5 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0020.jpg (17.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0022.jpg (15.2 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0023.jpg (18.7 KB, 64 views)
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

Are you kidding? You look great. Do you have any water parks nearby? I felt uncomfortable in a swimsuit until I did two things. 1) I bought a swimsuit with a skirt on it. I don't need that much of my hanging out even if I weighed a lot less, and 2) go to a water park and look around at all the women who are bigger than you but confident enough to be out in public in a bikini.
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:54 PM   #3  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

no kidding, you look fine. I walk around in a bikni and I look much worse then you. Who cares what other people think. Wear shorts if you really feel that bad. I see people wearing hardly anything and at least two times bigger then you, and I think congrats on them for being comfortable with themselve

I think if you can post pictures on here then you can go swimming.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:57 PM   #4  

Sorry no sympathy here either I look something like this in a swimming costume. http://imagesource.allposters.com/im...es-Posters.jpg

With a fatter tummy!!!!

I started swimming at 262lbs in a size 26 swimming costume, so I am really sorry, but I have nothing but encouragement for you, that you really don't look as bad as you think you do!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #5  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

yep, I agree, you look fine, there LOTS of women MUCH bigger at the pool I go to, I wouldn't think twice about it if I were you, get out there!
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

By the time you get in the water, no one will know the difference. If you're that self-conscious, keep a towel wrapped around you until you jump in. Besides, exercise will tone you so you'll look better!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:38 PM   #7  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I agree with everyone else

You look great. I can't wait to get to where you are!!

Go for it and enjoy yourself! People are not there to stare at you..they're probably thinking the same things about themselves!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:52 PM   #8  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Waaa! you look very nice! It would be a shame not to use that cute swim suit.
And I agree with everyone, by the time you're in the water, no one will care. And I'm pretty sure no one will care before that anyways.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:56 PM   #9  

Gosh, I wish I looked like you do!! I wear swimsuits with a skirt on it and when I get smaller, I will probaby get one of those tankini swimsuits and just wear board shorts over the bottoms.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #10  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

There's no such thing as not "having the body" for swimming--any body can swim! I love swimming--all nearly 300 pounds of me. If you don't like your butt in the swimsuit (as I'm assuming you dont, since you zoomed in on it ), try a skirt as others have suggested or the little boy-shorts type bottoms (I think they are ADORABLE!).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:02 PM   #11  
hara hachi bu

OK, I look a lot more like this in a suit:
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/5633/fat9gm.png
only a little more ripply and saggy. You have nothing to worry about! Swimming is way too fun to be hung up on something as silly as what you look like in a suit! Like alinnell said, keep covered in a towel till you get to the water. That helped me overcome some of the insecurity.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #12  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I don't see it, you look great I am flabby and saggy and lumpy and bumpy and I don't have a problem wearing a swimming suit and going swimming
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

I can completely sympathize. Even at my current weight, I refuse to buy a swimsuit that doesn't have a little skirt (it's finally possible to find something fashionable where it doesn't look like you're wearing your grandmother's swimdress). It's not so much about having the right body to wear a swimsuit as finding the most flattering suit for your features.

Just two weeks ago, I went out in public wearing...SHORTS! The last time I did that was 6 years ago. No matter how hot the temperature got, I always wore pants or maybe a knee length skirt. Some people may be able to say "it doesn't matter what other people think;" I understand the sentiment, but ultimately you are the one who needs to feel comfortable. It may take some extensive searching and $$$, but it will be well worth it to find the proper garment.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:54 PM   #14  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I think it is your bathing suit that is the problem, not you. You certainly look slim enough but I don't think that bathing suit is very flattering. Try Landsend.com--they have bathing suits designed to flatter every figure and the right suit really does make a difference. I was trying on swimsuits this weekend and was appalled at how awful I looked. They were racing-type suits (I was looking for a suit for lap swimming), not completely unsimilar to your suit, and I came to the conclusion that they just are not designed to flatter. I have another fun-type suit that I bought earlier in the summer and I look great in it. So I honestly think if you found the right suit, you wouldn't feel so reluctant to go swimming.

- Barbara
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:03 PM   #15  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I think you look perfectly fine and should get out there and enjoy yourself. I started swimming a lot this summer, and I definitely don't have a perfect body. Guess what, no one else at the beach did either.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote