Old 09-05-2006, 08:01 AM   #1  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Red face Labor Day Confessions

Okay--confession time so I can move on. I was HORRIBLE Friday night through Sunday night with overeating the wrong things. Tacos, cookies and birthday cake for DD--there, I said it and for the record I was punished with a 2 lb gain this AM but hope "some" is water/sodium weight. I just want to be back to 160 on Saturday for WI--so lemon water here I come! I was POP yesterday til I realized I didn't get any fruit or dairy in all day--traveling! Hopefully I did burn some calories tubing and jet skiing--

Back to work today so I can get back on track. Have a super week. We have DD's birthday sleepover on Friday with pizza and cookie/cake so I am hoping that the idea of WI on Saturday AM will keep me from indulging!

Anyone else have a hard holiday weekend??
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:23 AM   #2  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

I had a "horrible" weekend. We were out everyday and I made some bad choices. I do not even know the damage yet because my scale is acting up again. I thought replacing the battery would fix it but it is all over the place in weight again. I would blame it on my bad eating but it is saying i am too low for me to believe. I will weigh in when I get to work today.
Anyways it is back to plan for me today- I don't even know what to do with my journal- I did not record anything since thursday and I can not even remember what I all ate now.
As I have said before when I have cheated- It was not even worth it- things just do not taste as good to me anymore. Actually I think that is one of the reasons I overate before- things were not as good as I thought they were going to be, but i just kept on eating to see if it would get better. Now I take a taste and i know the damage it is going to cause me and i just stop.
I am not going to bore you with all the bad things I had, let's just say it started Friday with buttery carmel corn and a Mike's hard lemonade and ended Monday with a grilled cheese and a chocolate peanut butter log from Kopps.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:24 AM   #3  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Mine was just as bad. So.... we're not perfect. We pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and start over. The weird thing is that I didn't even enjoy the stuff I ate that much. I'll try and get in extra lemon water today. You will probably receive a ton of posts.....we can't be the only two that flubbed!
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:29 AM   #4  
Scottish Lass

ljackson from Naperville.

I lived in Narperville on North Julian Street for three years. My oldest daughter, now a senior in college, attended the little neighborhood school, Ellsworth, I think. I think it was 1990 - 1993. Naperville was such a great place to live. My husband took the train into the city everyday and I would stay home and "play" with the other stay at home moms. Our second child was born in Naperville in 1992. I delivered in the hospital in town. We have such great memories. Naperville was definitely one of my favorite places to live, (we've lived in nine states), and I noticed that it was rated the best place to live in America!!! I agree.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:51 AM   #5  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

I didn't do to well either this Labor Day weekend. Besides the fact that it's TOM for me, I've been craving a lot of salty stuff. For instance on Monday I sucked off all the cheese flavor from a WHOLE bag of Cheetos. OMG, it was good while I was sucking on them, but it showed on the scale this morning. I'm back to 153 pounds 2 pounds higher than the 151 I was holding on to for a week. Oh well.....I'm glad I confessed it to you guys. Back to POP for me! Wish you guys all the best on staying POP too!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:20 AM   #6  
FBD/8-18-08

Hey Beauties! I was POP except for eating at off times and changing when I ate what. AND I'm not bragging about that because every moment is a challenge and it's a miracle! I think refusing stuff I know I'm not supposed to have makes me feel empowered?!?
HOWEVER - I have a 3 lb weight gain (according to the scale that changes with the wind) and I'm feeling like it's TOM again (and that was just over a week ago!) Pre-Menopause sucks.
Okay, I'm through whining now. Thanks for listening!
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:48 AM   #7  
Scottish Lass

Pearl, How old are you? Maybe that's whats going on with me.

Deb
Old 09-05-2006, 10:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

OK fellow chickies - I think I can top it all!!
I was WAY off track Sat/Sun/Mon.
Beer - big breakfasts - fair food...etc.
I am rewarded with a 7lb gain this AM - unbelievable!!!!!
Yes I left Sat am @ 143ish and I am up to 150.4 this AM - is that even possible?????

Good luck to us all - I am doing T/O today + tomorrow.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:00 PM   #9  
FBD/8-18-08

Reddeborah (Deb) - According to my kids, I'm older than dirt! But actually I'm 47. I don't really know if I'm pre-meno or not, but since TOM's are so weird, it seems like it. I've never been one to have mood swings during TOM's or pregnancies or any other time. No hot flashes so far, but the TOM's are ridiculous! Until the one that ended a week ago, I'd have it very little but for 3 weeks at a time. The last one (due to the soy in this diet I believe) was more normal - heavy but only lasting 7 days. Now, I'm feeling crampy, a little water gain maybe, I don't know, but I A$$UME it's pre-meno.
Let's compare notes!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:20 PM   #10  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Deb- i know just where you are talking about. We love it here and i can't imagine living anywhere else.

Sznn- you could have not gained 7 pounds, i bet at least 2 will be gone by tomorrow if not more.

I am up 3 for this weekend- TOM also came this morning so i have that to blame it on as well as my bad eating.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:14 PM   #11  
Scottish Lass

I am so glad I'm not the only one!

lj: We would move back to Naperville in a heartbeat. Chicago is one of my favorite cities - Boston is #1, but in Chicago everything is laid out on a grid and you always know which way is north etc., because you have the lake as a guide. There's few one way streets and lots of great restaurants and museums. We really do miss the Riverwalk!

Pearl: Me too, I just turned 47, but haven't experienced any symptoms related to menopause, not night sweats or hot flashes. And still no period, though I feel like it could come at any minute. We'll have to see.

Take care everyone
Old 09-05-2006, 05:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/227.5/150

Height: 5'4"

Red face

Hey gang...hope you all had a fun weekend. Sounds like you did some interesting things. I had to work on Saturday but we went on a little trip on Sunday/Monday. Went out to dinner on Sunday night and then stayed in a hotel. Monday morning had breakfast at the hotel and then took the kids to the Dinosaur Park and Childrens Museum and then a family BBQ in the evening. I set a goal on Friday that I wanted to lose over the weekend and amazingly I did! I was so proud of myself. I refused the hot dogs and fries at the park and chose wisely at the BBQ. I stayed on plan with the exception, of being short an LA lite and veggie on 2 days and adding a small piece of chocolate zucchini bread last night. I was so happy to be down 1.4 this morning. Lets see if I can stay on track this week and keep it going!
cbratley is offline   Reply With Quote