The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 09-04-2006, 10:41 AM   #1  
Nikkii from Australia

S/C/G: 101/90/56

Height: 156cm

Default New Member from Australia needs a friend

Hello to everyone. My name is Nicole and i am from the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia.
I have struggled with weight since i was pregnate with my son nearly 9 years ago. I believe it has thrown my metabalisim/hormons out!! But anyway, i have had every test under the sun, and tried every diet. I have been doing Martial Arts for 4 years now. I am self employed as a Sports Massage Therapist.
All would know, that it is not just about the weight, it is about your mind and how you try and earth yourself to try and get over any negitivity in what life has to bring upon us from ourselves and others, to try and fuction and be the person we are today.
I have all of jillian's DVD's and her book. I have since lost a bit of weight, but i have maintained the same weight up and down for months.
I have been put on duromne, xenical, and zoloft to help me lose weight. I have had tests for cushing syndrome, which came back high, but decreased after the suppression test, but not enough so the drug zoloft was given, also to help with my depression.
Apart from my job, Jillian has inspired me so much, mentally and physically that she is my mentor in my achievements/goals. eg) while walking on the treadmil i mentally think what jillian would be saying to motivate me!!..lol
It would be great to chat to others with the same issues etc, gain a friend etc, feel free to email me or on msn.
I wish Jillian all the best in her career, and i hope she is coming to Aust for season 2 as i applied, but i dont think i got in!!
Regards Nikkii xxx
Old 09-04-2006, 11:01 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi! I am a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooonggggggggggggg way from Australia but wanted to say welcome! We do have some chickies here from Australia though so I am sure you will find some!
Old 09-04-2006, 06:48 PM   #3  
Nikkii from Australia

Default Thanks Misti

Thanks Misti, I look forward to chatting with you all.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:49 PM   #4  
TwinkleGirl

S/C/G: 220/179/154

Height: 5'9"

Hi and Nikkii!

I'm an Aussie, but i come from Sydney, but it's nice to see another Aussie here! I usually hang out in the 'Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal.' thread. There are only about 4 of us who regularly post there, and i'm the only Aussie, but it's nice because we are all following Jillian's program. Please feel free to join us and just jump on in and introduce yourself, that's what i did when i joined, and they were so nice and welcoming!

And i noticed that you have already lost some weight (on your little start weight/ current weight/ goal weight thing) so congrats. on that! Awesome job! That's a really wonderful start! Hope to see you soon!
Old 09-05-2006, 02:27 AM   #5  
Nikkii from Australia

Thanks TwinkleGirl, i think breaking into the fitness industry and having personal trainers around me, my doctor, dietician etc for support has been great, but neverless it doesnt compensate for the emotional downslides that can occure day in and out, and seems to be my problem.Not having anyone that can relate to to help me build self conifidence or emotional release, apart from blubberig to my doctor and 8yo son...lol Yes indeed i will come to your thread too, does anyone do the chat room?, i will keep watch when i am online, as it is great to chat about what we all have in common and not have the cyber crap like in yahoo chat etc....
I look forward to chatting to you soon,
Regards Nikkii
Old 09-05-2006, 02:29 AM   #6  
Nikkii from Australia

Well done TwinkleGirl on your weight loss, 24lb gee thats fantastic effort....i hope you have given yourself a reward like a massge or facial,,,,great job!