Old 09-03-2006, 11:45 PM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default **Weekly Chat - 4 Sept to 10 Sept**

morning ladies

well i understand that those of you in the states are having a long holiday weekend - i hope you are all behaving yourselves. well not too much

we had fathers day on sunday and earlier in the week i decided we would head to a local park with my parents, OH's parents and OH's kids and have a picnic. i spent all day saturday cooking - prawns with coriander (cilantro) and parsley pesto, scotch eggs, roast beef sandwiches and brownies. the weather held out and it was a gorgeous day and i took way too many pictures. here is a pic of my nephew having a rompus in the grass - too cute but most importantly it seems all the dad's enjoyed their day.

on the downside, i managed to rip off part of my toenail on my right big toe yesterday. i was running around with the nephew and after a while realised my toe was hurting and when i looked down it was bleeding profusely. anyway, what this means is no enclosed shoes - its just way too painful. no shoes means no gym. so this week yoga may be on the menu each night to keep the minutes up, but the pain down. hopefully within a few days my toe feels better and i can get my big *** to the gym.

oh, nearly forgot to tell you that i braved the scales on saturday. pleased to report that although i have eaten crap and not exercised for almost 2 weeks (eek!), i have only put on 200g (0.4lb). very happy with that - thank god for those muscles i have been building!

i hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:20 AM   #2  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

daisy, Luck you! If I didn't work out for 2 weeks I would have gained ten pounds probably! ur lucky!

I was very bad this weekend, I was in, most of the weekend, which means I was steps away from the fridge, and just a few steps here and there back and forth between the couch and the fridge. So I didn't work out yesterday, hey, I didn't even take a shower...I was totally enjoying NO labor on labor day.

BAck to Butt Busting today!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:58 PM   #3  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Eeeek! Where have I been?? Well, I haven`t been at work so my computer access has been pretty limited since mine died. I missed you guys!! It is so much easier to stay on track when I get to stay in touch with ya`ll.
Another issue is that I'm having some girl problems.. I called and talked to the doctor and she said it sounded like stress was making my TOM freak out. Me? Stressed? I don't think having crazy hormones is helping that.

Sooo.. this week I'm going to try to keep to a better schedule so that I don't end up freaking out when I don't have enough time to get everything done. I wrote everything out today and it is pretty easy to see how I get stressed, although there are plenty of women who have a LOT more going on than me and they manage to do it and stay sane so I can too. Probably.
I'm attempting to learn to cook healthy and so last night I made a big batch of vegetable soup. Unfortunately, it looked more like vegetable sludge.

Daisy- What does OH stand for? It is probably really obvious, but I always have a hard time figuring out those things. And that is such an adorable picture and really pretty too!

Spill- Yea.. I kind of had a no labor labor day weekend.. hehe probably not what they had in mind when they made that. But now we're back on the grind!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:31 PM   #4  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies,
Well, I had a HIDEOUS weekend eating-wise, i'm pissed at myself but back on the wagon today, so things are looking up. I got to go on a really nice hike yesterday with the hubby and dog and did well exercise wise the rest of the weekend too. Then this morning I get in my car to head to work and I have a flat tire! darn darn darn! Luckily i live less than 2 miles from work so I decided it would take less time just to walk than to get my tire changed, so I got in some walking this morning too.

Daisy - your nephew is adorable, very squeezable cheeks and it sounds like a great picnic!

Spill - I feel your holiday food woes

WastedThermos - nothing freaks me out like a late/abnormal TOM, hang it there! I didnt know what OH means either.
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:31 PM   #5  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Evening Ladies! Well, it was a **** of a weekend this past weekend.. My in-laws came up to visit & brought my niece.. who is a hellion!! I love her but can't stand to be around her too much! How horrible is that?! She is soooo unbehaved, ill-mannered and OMG the whining/screaming/bad mouthing.. Unreal! I was soooo glad when they left. I am soooo thankful my children are not as unbehaved as I had thought.

Weekend was stressful, no exercising but we did walk for 3hrs at a flea market/antique show. Weather was beautiful! Monday, I lazed around the entire day on the couch.. It was sooo nice.. haven't done that in over 2years!

OH stands for other half I believe Lizzie.

Daisy~Ouch on the toenail removal!

Denice~Just hop back on the wagon, forget what you've done & focus on now. You will do just fine getting back on track.

I am in for a week from **** I do believe. I am playing catch up from the long weekend..and my co-worker is out for this week so that leaves me to fend for myself and take care of everything that needs taking care of.. And we have a full hospital so that makes it that much worse for me.. UGH! I am sooo far behind I can't even see straight. I will dig my way out by the end of the week.. I am hoping..

Hope everyone has a good week!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #6  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb_lyn View Post
OH stands for other half I believe Lizzie.
Correct
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:11 AM   #7  
Chuggin' along...

Hi everyone,

Please forgive my absense of...umm...a few months, I think? I have been super busy at work this summer, which is the only place I use the computer, but things are slowing down a little bit. I haven't slipped off the wagon exactly, but the summer has held a lot of parties with special foods and drinks, vacations (or rather friends and family coming to vacation at my place and bringing their 'vacation food mentality' with them), and generally temptations all around. My exercise has been excellent but eating too many treats has been the problem. So I am just trying to keep the eating clean and shave off this summer blub on my tummy.

About 2 months ago my gym switched its staff schedules and this really nice guy started working the front desk in the afternoons when I go - he is always really helpful, correcting my form, encouraging me, offering good advice when I ask, but not at all in a creepy-gym-guy way. I also got a bike for my birthday, so I have another 'alternative' exercise choice when I don't go to the gym.

Daisy, ouch! Hope your toe feels better soon.

Spill, that sounds pretty much like my labor day. Ahh...

Lizzie, I wish you luck getting your stress under control!

denice81, hi, I don't think we've "met" yet. It sounds like you kept your exercise on track even if your eating wasn't over the weekend. Kudos for that!

amb_lyn I hope you are able to keep your work under control. Don't let the stress get to you!

I promise I will be back sooner rather than later. Have a great week everyone!

Megan
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:44 AM   #8  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok I have set a goal for myself...Im calling it Big City Bootcamp. Wrote about it on my blog...it lasts 60 days starting today.

Sorry have not been around. Was shooting a wedding last weekend so was super stressed out about that. If you guys wanna check out the pictures

http://stephaniewilliams.smugmug.com/gallery/1854948

Now I have to get back down to business. I have been slacking due to my shin splints but they are finally starting to feel a bit better. I believe I can do cardio, but should probably stay off the running for a bit more.

Did you miss me?

Daisy - that pic of your nephew is adorable Ok we need to get back on track, are you cleared to start working out yet?

spill - No Labor on Labor day sounds divine, spent mine busy though

Lizzie - I know what you mean about logging on to be more accountable. After being gone just a short time it makes me see how much being on here with you ladies helps...

denice - Hey back on the wagon is the first step.

amblyn - sounds like a busy week is ahead of you...I think that flea market counts as mucho exercise hehe

megan - Welcome back Eating is always my nemesis as well...Glad to see you posting again.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:33 AM   #9  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Stephie: Great pictures! you are very talented!

Megan: Welcome back!

Amb Lyn: When things get stressful, don't forget hitting the gym or pavement and working up a little sweat can be a great stress buster! Hang in there!

denice: We can get back on track, just do it! -Nike

Lizzie: Making soups and stews and chillis, it's one of my favorite things to do, I'm just waiting for the weather to get a little bit cooler.

Happy Hump Day!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:52 AM   #10  
Goodbye Fat!

Hello, I'm new to 3FC and would like to join this group. Just a bit about myself, have been married for 5 years and still loving it. Had a career change about a year ago from a fast pace on your feet all day long with crazy hours to a M-F, 8-5pm, sit down all day job. What a change that is. I have only gained about 10lbs from this though. My real weight came on, all 50lbs of it when my crazy father decided to cheat on my Mom and get a whole new family after 30 years of marriage. Who says divorce is easy for adult children..not! Anyway I am on a challenge to lose all of that weight I have put on in the past three years.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:01 PM   #11  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

Hey guys!

I am like Amber. I'm having the week from ****!! I am so backed up at work this is the first chance I've had to check in with you guys!

I ate SO well this weekend. I excercised everday but Sunday! SO I was proud. Yesterday I slipped some on my eating but Im trying to get back on track!!
Today is my first meeting of a weightloss group here at work. Its a team-based 8 week group. We are trying to see who and what group can lose the most weight in the 8 weeks. It sounds great and Im excited.. if I can just get through the day til I have to leave for the meeting!
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:30 PM   #12  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Yesterday I was doing so well until my roommate called and reminded me that it was her 21st birthday. Whoops. Not only did she want to go out for drinks, but she also wanted to start at a mexican restraunt. uUuHg. There is no greater binge-trigger for me than mexican food. It could have been much, much worse, but it was still disappointing after good day.
Today things have gone better, and I don't think I'll have anymore fitness delimmas until the football game Saturday. Today has been a really low self esteem day for me though. I think part of it has to do with not having any work appropriate AND weather appropriate clothes that I like so I end up wearing totally frumpy things to class. I felt so gross and ugly on campus today because everyone I saw was better dressed. Oh well, hopefully hitting the gym hard tonight will lift my mood.

Tonight I'm trying a group fitness class that I've never taken before called hi/lo groove. Apparently it involves...*gasp* dancing, so we'll see how it goes.

Denice- Good for you for getting back on the wagon. I wish there were places closer to here to go hiking. I want to try it, but I live in the city so there aren't many hiking places around.

Amb_lyn- Sorry you had a bad weekend.. I can relate to the bad kids thing. I have two nephews that I adore, but after a week on vacation with them I wanted to leave them at the beach. Hope your week gets better!

Megan- I totally relate to the summer eating issues. There are so many events and so many people who use summer as an excuse to eat whatever.. and in turn offer that tasty food to us.

Stephie- I was wondering where you were! Glad you're back!! Your bootcamp sounds like a good idea. I love your blog, it looks so professional. I wish I had a blogger instead of an lj, but I'm too lazy to figure it out.

dolly- Welcome!! My parents have recently finalized their divorce and starting dating other people too. It really is hard, no matter how old you are.

Slimming- That group sounds cool! I wish there was a group here at the university that I could go to like that. I only have four co-workers, and they`re not really the weight loss type I think. Hope YOUR week starts getting better too!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #13  
Amber

Slimming Down~We did that at work recently.. we called it the Biggest Loser Contest.. It was great! A great motivator for me.

Welcome Dolly!

Today was another awful stressful day! I don't even know where to begin so I won't bore you with the details.. LOL T.G.I.W. haha! Almost done with this week!
Old 09-06-2006, 06:58 PM   #14  
Amber

Stephanie~Those are great pics!! I wish you were close to me i'd hire you to take pics of my children!!
Old 09-06-2006, 07:52 PM   #15  
Living the Laguna life...

Hi Guys
Sorry I have been MIA for the past three weeks. It's not because I haven't been eating right and working out...it's because I've been WORKING! So much! I have basically been maintaining around 140 or 141...I haven't been eating that badly, but I definitely haven't been eating very healthy. I know if I just focus on eating right during the week, and only eating "badly" on the weekends when I'm going out (which is much less now that I'm single!), then I can lose these last 3 pounds in the next month. I hope everyone is doing well, and I'll be sure to keep poking my head in even when I'm busy!! HUGS!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote