Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-03-2006, 12:11 PM   #1  

Default Help once again with a recipe, please...

It seems like every time I need help with a recipe, I come here...and it is always when I am making something that isn't "good for you". LOL. I swear I am not going to eat this peach cobbler...it is a last-minute thing I am making to take to my brother's house....i have peaches coming out of my ears.

Anyway, it says to use a cup of milk, (plus bisquick, peaches, etc.)

I don't have milk, but I do have Half n half. Do you guys think I could mix some water with this and substitute it for the milk? Or what would happen if I just used straight half and half? I buy half and half for my hubby's coffee in the a.m.; I have no idea if the stuff even tastes like milk.

Help me, please!! SOON!!!
mudbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:15 PM   #2  
Opulent

Straight half and half would add a lot of extra fat and that would change the consistency and overall end result. You could easily water it down and it should work out fine. I'd say use 1/2 half and half (HA! ) and 1/2 water.

I have actually even used water in place of rice, soy or almond milk in recipes before with good results by adjusting the fat proprotions slightly.

Best of luck!

Last edited by Yogini; 09-03-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:08 PM   #3  

Thank you Yogini...YOU ROCK.

I am gonna try to water it down some..
mudbugs is offline   Reply With Quote