South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 09:21 AM   #1  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Default Weird Question

Good Morning everyone.

This is sort of an embarrasing question to ask. Did anyone's TOM last longer than usual after starting this diet? Mine is usually on 3-4 days - but has been on and off for over a week (not a chance that I have a bun in the oven) didn't know if anyone had the same issue - also, would this cause me to not be dropping the weight off?

Today i feel so bloated and fat - I have been drinking plenty of water????

Thanks
Old 09-01-2006, 01:07 PM   #2  

I used to work in a women's clinic with OB/GYN's and I know that any radical changes to a woman's body can affect her menstrual cycle so don't be surprised. It may take a couple months to adjust to all the changes then go back to normal. I wouldn't panic too much about it.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:59 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

RMT, it's always a good idea to get these kind of things checked out, just to be sure. But Lucy Lover is right, it's not worth panicking...it's very common for changes in diet to affect TOM, especially when you lose weight...estrogen and fat have a very co-dependent relationship and when you lose fat, it affects estrogen and thus affects your TOM. Check with your doc to make sure, but don't stress about it. :

No worries, BTW, about embarrassing questions here. We talk about defecating, after all...so there can't be much that's more embarrassing, right?
Old 09-03-2006, 10:32 AM   #4  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

RMT, when I did SBD my periods got all screwy too. The first time I was on Phase 1, it made me LATE. Talk about panic. My body adjusted though.

And Laurie, I have NO IDEA what you're talking about, anybody talking about embarrassing things around here. I don't know ANYONE who would have a Bathroom Celebration after not being able to use the restroom for a week and a half.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:53 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

ROFLOLPIMP! I'd forgotten about the Bathroom Celebrations!
Closed Thread