Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 03:59 PM   #1  

Thumbs up How Many Times Did it Take?

Since you all are WW Maint. or LifeTime, I am just curious how many times you tried WW before you made Lifetime? And if you did it several times, what made it finally happen? I have joined 4 times -- made 10% twice..always quit when I got frustrated. Just curious... would love to make lifetime
Old 08-30-2006, 07:42 PM   #2  
si, si signora

I'm still trying. Made it to maintenance, but never to lifetime.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:50 AM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

It only took me once, but I guess I'm lucky. Once I saw the new me and had new clothes, I was thrilled. My weight is still something I need to watch carefully.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/175/145

Height: 5'4"

I made it to lifetime 20 years ago (on maybe my fourth try), and got back down to goal with Weight Watchers 15 years ago. I'm back with Weight Watchers to get there again -- and this time the changes, and Weight Watchers attendance, will be lifelong.

Carrie
Old 09-04-2006, 09:23 PM   #5  
Maintaining for 3+ years!

S/C/G: 180/157/148

Height: 5'8"

I have been lifetime for about 3 1/2 years and what changed me was being put on blood pressure medicine at the age of 47. I was scared stiff and realized that there is NO OTHER WAY than WW.

If I get discouraged and stop, it's a guarantee that I'm going to blow up again. Plain and simple. No magic formula, no magic pill. I'm never going to wake up and decide I love exercise and hate food. I constantly try to find new good choices (hungrygirl.com is very good at introducing new products).

I don't always journal, but when I do, I save every one of 'em-- it's great to go back and remind myself what little things I used to eat that helped me -- since sometimes they fall off the radar screen.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:07 PM   #6  

I have made goal twice to date and am slowly heading back there after being above goal for the past two years. The first time, I didn't learn much. The second time coincided with taking up running, so I was much more successful in keeping it off.

I will always have to be diligent because I have a big appetite. But I have learned a lot from WW and continue to. It's just a good, sensible way to eat.
Makes me wonder why I don't do it all the time.

Susan
Old 09-05-2006, 04:14 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Like, Domina, I only joined once and made Lifetime. I've been at goal since June '99.

I'll admit it's a struggle to stay on track--just because you get to goal/Lifetime it doesn't stop--you have to continue doing what you did to get there. It's hard to stay focused when the scale doesn't reflect your work but in the long run it's really worth it.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:13 PM   #8  

I second the idea of keeping the journals to check back on what worked and what level of activity I had. I write down my starting weight for that week.

Sometimes I set a specific goal, like tracking the water more closely or eating 2 servings of veg. at lunch and again at dinner.

I've been Lifetime since Nov. 2004.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:42 PM   #9  
Julie - Stampin Up Demo

I am new to the lifetime membership of weight watchers. I became lifetime just around April 2006 after 1 year on weight watchers. It was the first time I had joined WW but tried everyother weight loss system. I made the decision I needed to lose weight and I had to stick to a program - WW was the easiest since I could eat some of those items I really wanted.
I have maintained since April flux. just 2-3 lbs up/down. I still would like to get my total weight loss to 62 lbs (I have loss 57) - that last 5 lbs is really hard. I am trying to get back to basics and get it off before the Holidays.

Wishing you all the luck
Closed Thread