General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 07:48 AM   #1  
LLV

Default Help for puffy face!

I look horrible! It's that time of the month for me and my face is all puffy because I'm retaining a little water and tonight I'm supposed to go out with friends for a birthday celebration. My eyelids are a little swollen and I've got bags under my eyes

Does anyone have any tried and true 'remedies' that will help the swelling go down some? I don't want to go out looking like a water balloon!
Old 08-25-2006, 08:08 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Teabags! Make tea with two bags, let them cool - even put them in the fridge. Then lie down with them on your eyes for fifteen minutes. You'll feel and look much better.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:14 AM   #3  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Teabags! Make tea with two bags, let them cool - even put them in the fridge. Then lie down with them on your eyes for fifteen minutes. You'll feel and look much better.
Thank you, I'm going to try that

Why does this stuff always happen when you've got plans?

lol
Old 08-25-2006, 10:33 AM   #4  

At least for puffy eyes, put something COLD over your face/eye area. I actually have a little face mask with gel in it that I keep in the refrigerator just in case.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:44 AM   #5  

Ok dont laugh, and this remedy may be too late but for future reference. Use preperation H on your eyelids and under them for 30mins to an hour and it makes the puffiness go down. I had a friend in college that used to do this all of the time after "big nights" when her face was all swollen and puffy. Try it, it worked for her.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:51 PM   #6  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckettgirl View Post
At least for puffy eyes, put something COLD over your face/eye area. I actually have a little face mask with gel in it that I keep in the refrigerator just in case.
I used to have one of those, but I have no idea where it is now.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:52 PM   #7  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelVeeta View Post
Ok dont laugh, and this remedy may be too late but for future reference. Use preperation H on your eyelids and under them for 30mins to an hour and it makes the puffiness go down. I had a friend in college that used to do this all of the time after "big nights" when her face was all swollen and puffy. Try it, it worked for her.
Hmmm, interesting idea, but I don't think I have any Prep H. I can look, though.

I did the teabag thing. It seemed to help a little
Old 08-26-2006, 05:50 PM   #8  
Melting Butter

Actually the reverse of cold works for me...I put a warm towel over my eyelids and they go down quickly. This works well after I've cried because when I cry my eyelids swell considerably.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:18 PM   #9  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyme05 View Post
Actually the reverse of cold works for me...I put a warm towel over my eyelids and they go down quickly. This works well after I've cried because when I cry my eyelids swell considerably.
Yes, I hate that. When I have a 'melancholy' evening and cry over something. I wake up the next day looking like somebody punched me, lol.
Closed Thread