Old 08-23-2006, 05:55 PM   #1  

Default New Chick

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have decided to start a quest for weight loss. I have tried many diets and exercise plans with no success. Now I think my best attack against this weight is to join a support group. I am not on any specific diet, I know that I overeat and my portions are way too big so I am starting with portion control and keeping a food journal. Also, I am going to start doing some exercises at home. I have a 2 1/2 month old at home so I am somewhat restricted to what and where I can go to work out, but I am determined to start at home.

My biggest need is support from others who are living this and I can relate to. I hope this is going to be a good start for me and I look forward to getting to know you.
teacher29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:56 PM   #2  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Welcome

You will be VERY happy to know that you have just hit the JACKPOT when it comes to support. In fact, in my experience over the past year and a half is that I haven't just found support, I have found LOVE. These people are more like family and dear friends to me than a mere support group.

There's no better place on earth to find what you are looking for.

I know you can do this, we can do it together

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! I'm pretty new here too...I don't post much yet but I read every day and it really keeps me motivated!! I think it's definitely best to take baby steps and try to make some small changes over time. Good luck and I look forward to seeing you around!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Welcome! I'm fairly new here and I love it. Reading the messages here really helps to keep me on track so far. I take it you're a teacher? Me too! I teach high school English.

I do the Weight Watchers plan, but it's basically the same as counting calories, and I don't go to meetings. It's all about portion control, really, and tracking what I eat is the key to it, I think.

Come back often, and send me a PM if you want to talk!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:48 AM   #5  
One pound at a time...

to all the newbies to the forum! Linda is quite correct, that we have become quite a family here at the 100 Plus Club. They are the best support group you can ask for, but can also administer some tough love and a when required.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:25 PM   #6  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 253/183/150

Height: 5'4"

Looking forward to learning more about you. Good luck!
BreakingFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

This is a great place for support!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote