Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-21-2006, 09:44 PM   #1  
<333

S/C/G: 283/251/180

Height: 5' 4

Default Will-Power Help?

Hello Everyone! Im 14, and Im just getting back to school and I have some questions for you chicks.

Okay, I have alot of afterscool activites, and my tecaher always gives us bags of chips and cookies sometimes. And I know I shouldnt, but I always give in. Is there any tip you guys give to yourselves?

AND

Lunches, Anyone know what to pack, besides sandwhichs and yogurt?

THANKS SO MUCH!

<3
Stephanieee<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:58 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi Stephanie, Congratulations on the 25lbs. lost. That is fantastic. My daughter is 14 also and has these same types of questions. She too gets tired of taking sandwiches. A lot of time, I cook extra at dinner so she can take leftovers and some fruit for lunch. You might try having some 100 calorie snack packs on hands for while they are passing out the chips and cookies you have something not as hard on your weight loss that you can eat. My daughter loves these. She also eats the fat free Pringles sometimes. Good luck and wishing you the best. I snack for a lunch a lot of time on sliced meat, cheese, pickles and such. I do a low-carb diet so not sure how this would work with WW. Also those little tuna packs are handy to have.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:10 PM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

As for the teacher, can you suggest that they not do this for the specific reason that it promotes overweight issues? Or that they offer a healthier alternative? If not, can you take your own healthier snack so that you'll have something to munch on to hold off the temptation of what they're offering?

For lunches, I'm assuming no microwave? Any cold salads (tomato & cuc salads, lettuce salads). Even try limited potato salads or whole wheat macaroni, but use soy mayo. Wraps...they hold everything. I like em with cream cheese and veggies, or you can roll up PB or turkey/ham. Pita bread dipped in hummis, veggies and dip. Fruit...even try that dipped in your yogurt.

If you have access to a microwave, that opens up endless possibilities.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Posted this somewhere else, but thought it might be helpful!

For quite a while I was on a sweet potato kick. Minimal preparation time required in the AM. Just grab a sweet potato, and at lunch time put in the microwave for 7-9 minutes (depending on size). Remember to poke a few holes in it first. Then slice down the middle and eat the inside. No toppings necessary and yum, yum, yum. Several people at my work have been inspired to microwave sweet potatoes because I did this. I usually brought it with a bowl of Progresso microwaveable soup. A nice warm lunch requiring no preparation!

If the microwave line isn't too long, it works out well.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:01 PM   #5  
<333

S/C/G: 283/251/180

Height: 5' 4

Unfortunately, no acsess to a microwave. But, wraps are a good Idea! Afterschool, I can use the microwave. I have a fridge I can use though.

Thanks for the compliment, lilybelle. I went to the doctor today, and the scale said 251!! YAY!!

Well, thanks fro help. All ideas will are apperciated.

<33
Stephanieee<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

I make ckn salad using canned chicken (drained), add almonds (or walnuts), lemon juice, pepper, and a little bit of lite or ff mayo. I put it on my double fiber whole wheat bread (wraps are good too). I snack on or add to my sandwhich/wrap...ready to eat sugar snap peas, baby carrots, different fruits, lima beans (cold), quacamole salad (plain and only 1 avacado), cubed ham, asparagus (canned), and olives for some examples. I also recommend if you can't get your mom to talk to the teacher offering chips, bring your own 100 calorie pack (or other even healthier alternatives. At least with those you will still feel like you are eating the same tempting things they are eating but without as much damage. Limit it to only one though.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

Stephanie,

Woohoo! you are doing great! I'm proud of you!

I work at a school and this year the kids can only have HEALTHY snacks- fruits, baked chips, crackers, etc. At our extended day (I'm at an elementary school), we give the kids things like animal crackers, baked chips, teddy grahams, occasionally rice krispie treats, wheat crackers... From my understanding, this is a new federal thing and if that's the case, then your teacher should only be giving healthy snacks. Our teachers are very limited as to the foods they can give the kids. They do get ice cream once a week, (if behavior has been good etc and they bring the $ for it) but it is limited to things like an ice cream sandwich, popsicle, push up... small singel serving things... In the lunchroom they do not have a fryer anymore, everything is baked... From what I've read and been told by others at the school, they (federal gov't) have made this manditory because this is the first generation that due to healthy conditions from obesity has a shorter life expectancy than their parents. I think it's federal...though it might be state?

I guess I'm writing all this to say, the teachers at your school may need to check out what they are offering...

there are some great suggestions here... I take snacks like pretzels, fruit cups, carrots, etc...

Reba
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote