Old 08-21-2006, 03:10 PM   #1  

Talking All my classmates noticed!!!!

OMG.... I walked into the classroom this morning, only a handful of people were in there... One girl turned around to see who came in, and looked at me and said, Wow you've lost alot of weight! You look good!.
Then everyone else turned to look.
Then at break, I was organizing my papers and most of the class had went out to get drinks/bathroom/socialize, etc.... and when I came out of the classroom to get me a diet pepsi, I heard them ALL (all 17 of them!) standing around talking about how much weight I'd lost!
I didn't hear anything derogatory, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't said.

Its just so weird!!! I'm not good at being in the center of attention, and definitely hide when I know I'm going to be... So this was difficult for me, because I WANT people to notice my weight loss, and I WANT to look good and wear cute clothes, etc... but I don't know how to deal with everything! LOL
Some of them wanted to know what I did, so I told them the short version of what Optifast is, and how much I lost. Some of them thought it was horrible that I am only eating 550-650 cal/day...but they don't understand - NONE of them are morbidly obese, and NONE of them have heard of Optifast.
So, I don't care if they like what I'm doing... I know what I'm doing, what my goals are, why I react emotionally, how to cope better - and its all for me! For me to have a better, healthier life! Thats all that matters, so I definitely won't let them get me down at all!
Anyway, other than that, the first official day of school went pretty smooth - the calm before the chaos!
Next official weigh-in will be this Thursday (I'm pretty sure that I'm down another 7lbs or so...but we'll see).
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/156/143

Height: 177 cm (5ft10in)

losing weight is strange in that your body changes but the person you are inside is slower to change.

I'm sure some of your classmates were thinking nothing but positive things about your weight loss. And that's awesome. And for any of the others... .well don't worry about them. Like you said, it's for YOU and you deserve it. You deserve to live healthy the same as everybody else.
lewelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

It is so nice to have the weight loss noticed. I know that sometimes you feel paranoid that people do not have the best of intentions and thoughts, but I think that most people would be genuinely happy for you. I know that i am.
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:24 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations, that is fantastic that they noticed. It shows that you are putting hard work into it and they can see the difference. WTG, I am proud and happy for you.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

That's wonderful!!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:52 PM   #6  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 253/183/150

Height: 5'4"

Glad your loss was noticed!
BreakingFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 03:38 PM   #7  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Great that they noticed Amanda

You're doing a fantastic job.
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:38 PM   #8  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

That must have been wonderful. I am so happy for you! Thanks for sharing with us
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote