Old 08-20-2006, 05:57 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Week of August 20th

Just wanted to start the new thread. Anyone can start it, if you see it needs to be done. I am not going to say much since my fingers aren't working well. Hope everyone has a good week.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:13 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone,

We have been running all weekend and I'm exhausted. Also NAK, so typing one-handed.

Will check back later.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:13 PM   #3  
MustangMomma

Hello!

Since I'm a newbie, I'm just gonna jump on in here. I went to a pool party today at a friend's home, and I'm so proud of myself -- I didn't snack on any of the fatty foods there (just chips and cookies). Just sipped my diet soda and enjoyed the conversation, which was fine since I wasn't hungry.

My son has been running a 101-100.3 fever today. Not fun at all. It's weird b/c he has no other symptoms and he's playing and running around. I hope it's just a 24 hr fever bug that will go away tomorrow. He'll have to miss preschool tomorrow! So I'm in worried mom mode today -- constantly watching the clock to see if it's time for his next temp reading and Motrin dosage.

Also, finally broke down and bought a new stovetop today at Lowe's. Ouch! that was a lot of money. But we needed it -- ours broke and we've only been cooking with the oven and microwave (for like 2 months now!). Oh well, so maybe it'll get here next week and I can finally make some yummy low-cal WW skillet recipes.

Melody -- have you had your a/c repaired yet?? Man, I couldn't survive in this 105-degree Texas heat w/o a/c.
SMUMustangMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:50 AM   #4  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. YAWN!! I have been doing TERRIBLE lately. especially this past weekend. I am up 2 lbs, and I sooo need to get back on track. I was planning to try WW. I just keep forgeting to pick up the material at moms house. (I m not joining, just gonna follow at home) I was supposed to get up this morning and work out with DH, but neither of us would get up. We were gonna start last week, but I had that awful stomach bug. I know once we get started we'll be on the right track.

Just can't get going this morning. I've got soo much to do this week. Housework (the kitchen is wrecked) Laundry, I wanna run the recovery disc on my PC, but I gotta backup all my info first (pictures, videos, and DH's music) Then I've got a dress to do for ebay. And I got to get a couple of other items listed on eBay. Wow, its gonna be a busy week!!!

DH and I went out from about 12-5:30 Saturday night. We had Mexican. Then went shopping for DH a motorcycle. (were still just shopping at this point. Then We went to a furniture (gettin ready to bye couch, loveseat, and possible recliner) I saw some really cute things, now I just need my car to sale so we can make the purchase. But anyway, we had a nice time, and Bethany was so sweet when we got back.

Hope everyone had agreat weekend!

SMUMustangMomma: Great job resisting, I gotta get back to that point, starting right now!! Hope to see you around.
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:49 AM   #5  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Default It's Monday...Ugh

Mornin' all.............
Not ONLY is it yucky monday --- it's also TOM!! I'm cramping and feel awful...

BUT----- I STILL WORKED OUT THIS MORNING!!! Yeah me! Believe me, I wanted to stay in bed, but I knew it would help my cramps.

I'm a little frustrated due to the fact that I'm working out and watching my food intake (been really good...) but my weight has plateaud (sp?). any suggestions support group? I always heard that if you go on some type of "fast" -- either no carbs or complete fast -- it "shocks" your metabolism. Is that accurate? Regardless, I'm ready to lose the remaining weight and can't seem to get there......

Welcome SMU momma! I am near Plano----neat, huh? In fact, I work in Carrollton.......... Nice to have you and nice to be able to share my misery of this terrible heat wave and drought! My lawn is literally BROWN right now. We went on vacation (we don't have an automatic sprinkler system) and it's dead. Ugh. Feel free to send me an email off-line.

Wannabe ~ don't beat yourself up over the gain. We ALL do it at some point. Just get back up on that horse, girl!

Karen/Lauren ~ Hey gals....just wanted to say hi!

Stevi ~ hey! I know you haven't posted yet on this thread, but I wondered if you could send me those recent pics of yourself? I'm about to change my hair and yours looks similar to what I wanting to change to...(repetition is the highest form of flattery, right?)

That's all for now! Have a wonderful Monday!
Fit
fitafter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:53 AM   #6  
MustangMomma

Fitafter4~ OMG! my yard is nothing but yellow, dirt and weeds at this point. we have the water restrictions here in Plano so we only water once a week, but i try to that once in the morning (before 9) and once in the evening (after 7). but what's the point - i'm only getting the weeds wet. oh well. the good thing is that we don't have to mow as often.
And this is not fun for my 3 yr old son, who tells me "outside Momma" every day during the afternoon -- and i have to tell him 'maybe later' and hope he forgets. so we've been trying to go to indoor places to play.
SMUMustangMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:16 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Not sure I'll be able to get caught up on the last week, but I'll try later. Just wanted to pop in and say hi!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/179/125

Height: 5'0"

Welcome Mustang Momma - I am new too.

Fitafter4 you may need to increase your calories and jump start your metabolism. I really don't know if fasting will do it.

wannabsize7, I didn't have that great of weekend either. Went to the beach with some friends, did pretty well on the diet - just drank too much beer. I weigh in tomorrow and I am scared what the scale is going to say! We will just get on track this week and hopefully someone will kick me in my butt for not staying motivated.

I hope everyone has a great day! Stay focused and on track.
n2luvnlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:02 PM   #9  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Talking My weekend

Hey Chickies!!
Did ya miss me? I missed you! My weekend was busy but fun. Fri was rehearsal night as usual, Sat we played at a reception party for a bunch of Romanian folks, and Sun I was out to dinner (yet AGAIN!! and my friends wonder why I hide out when I'm losing weight!?!?) with one of my oldest (literally ...he'd kill me if he read that!) and dearest friends. He likes to take me around to his fav kareoke bars and shock his friends when I sing...I end up anouncing I sing in a live band otherwise I feel like I'm cheating! Last night the KJ was like "Well duh! I knew you did something like that!" It was a compliment... I think! Saturday was the most fun I think we have ever had a gig while "working". The culture is so hospitable! We where hired by them to be treated like guests! Our drummer got hammered though (he's all of 22) the last set was a mess as his timing was supid SLLOOWW. The rest of us can play intoxicated, as it is a skill...lol. He hasn't "learned" the skill yet. He did three songs and we had to hit the MP3. No one seemed to notice or care! We all ened up doing some linked at the shoulders circle dance! Really a blast. I'm down the Lb I gained. YAY! I don't see how with all the Heinekin! But I'll take it....17 more to Onederland! If only I could get back at it like I was...but I'd have to stay home more....NAW !
Lori~ Beer? What beer? I didn't drink ALL that beer!!!! lol
Christi~ We all go through it. Some of us langer than others...um...ME! I can't seem get my groove back. You'll be fine eventually. Thanks for the baby advice...we aare going to try skipping lunch and the reg formula. He's been better!
Welcome Mustang Mom!!! Great name!
Fit~ I'd be happy to send you a couple of shots of the Do! Your not the 1st to ask. One of my friends sister got it recently and another of my friends has it now. PM me your addy and I'll send them promptly! Thanks! Sorry about TOM....BA$T@RD.
Hi Lauren,Lisa and Karen!
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:51 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!! Just a quick hello before I head out.

Welcome Mustang Momma!! No I haven't gotten the ac fixed yet, am on my way now to see if I can buy the motherboard for it...they were closed all weekend...we are heading to the coast today and for the time being it seems that the heatwave is over...it's cloudy today...it was in the upper 90's for the last several days, luckily it cooled down enough at night that I was able to cool the house off to sleep! Now I'm just hoping that the motherboard doesn't have to be ordered.

Wannabe just get back on track and don't beat yourself up over it, sounds like you had a fun time! I LOVE buying new furniture, my living room really needs some, but I have so many other things I need to I'm not sure when the living room will ever see a new couch, lol.

Fit wtg on working out even with cramps!! TOM came for me a few days ago as well, 5 days early no less, ugh. I am hoping that by the time I weigh in it will be gone enough that I see a loss, at least I'm sure hoping!! Tomorrow would be my regular weigh in day but I'm taking the kids to the beach for the night tonight...I'm taking my swimsuit though and will swim some laps in the pool and get some exercise and I'll weigh in either Wednesday or Thursday morning at a WW's meeting!

Stevi, sounds like you had a fun weekend!! And wtg on losing the pound!!

Hi to everyone else!!! Hope everyone has a great day!! I'll check in after we get home!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:50 PM   #11  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Im Backkkkkkkk

well hello ladies and good afternoon, i have been reading/lurking i just havent really had a moment WELCOME to all the new people i hope you stick around
stevi you said something last week like for every 6 new people only about 3 stay?? really (i told you i was lurking) i didnt think of it like that ..OH WELL you all arent gettin rid of me that easy J/K
anyways hopefully my son is getting off house arresst this week YEE HAWW
im going to pack all the kids up and go to lake berryessa for the entire day on this coming up sat ,my poor 15 year old has not been out for 3 1/2 months he sooo wants to go jump off the cliffs into the lake. me too for that matter
ok well today im starting to run i havent in a while my knees are bad but i figure if i just do the walk/run to start out i should be ok ...next week my husband has 4 days off from the police academy so i asked him to come running with me so now i really have to start running this week (dont know what im getting into) well i hope all is well with everyone my TOM is lurking around the corner so any day aunt flow will be coming...LOL
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:53 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all! Just thought I would pop in to say hello, and to SMU Momma.

I have to go make chocolate chip cookies soon for work tommorrow, and I just wanted to keep up. I hate not being able to read during the work day. It makes me want to come home and do it, when I should be working. I will write later, gotta change and work on those cookies.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:56 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Height: 5'5"

Phew! Just got back from the weekend (yeah, I know it is MONDAY). Went to Saratoga Springs to see CSNY and then to Lake George to see my 2 aunties, mom, and 84 yr old cousin with my dd for some sisterhood. Went out for brunch yest and at a lot but want feeling that full when I left. I think I did really well not to cram it in. Swam in the lake and went for a walk to compensate. Weighed myself this pm and was 170 so I am sure in the am I will find that I didnt gain! Hooray!

Thanks for the Fitday feedback. I will ignre their calorie suggestion and stick with what feels right. It looks like I am at about 1500/1600 usually. I am rarely really hungrey but feel a twinge of hunger pre-mealtime which feels great after yrs of not feeling hungry EVER!

Who was it last week, Goddess maybe about the formula? Definately ask about changing kiddo to milk-based. Allergies do get outgrown. Also- offer plenty of water (is he using a cup yet?) because if he is after the juice and refusing form could just be eally thirsty. It has been hot and dry at least in some places and this could be it...

Well- outta here for now- I will check in soon.
squishy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:29 AM   #14  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!
Stevi--K was on milk based formula(Enfamil Lipil and breast milk) forever until she turned 1 without any problems..She could never transition to whole milk..We had to give half Enfamil/half whole milk and then moved to Soy and finally got a perfect fit with Lactaid..It is just weird how their bodies change so much..Now she refuses supper and just wants milk..Maybe that is why she is 43 inches at 3???? It certainly isnt from 5'1 mom here!!!

Mustang--Mine has that fever and no symptoms either..I have been alt tylenol/motrin and it goes down and then back up to 101..I guess that is the ole fever virus that the Pedi tells you..who knows..

Ok....News Flash--I was able to run on the treadmill for 19 minutes and 17 seconds before I had to carry the child She is such a cling-on but I was happy!!(of course, I had the bike in the house with bubbles but DH was not home so he wouldnt stroke out--DH is a clean freak)

Ok..not to offend but I have a story--I have been really depressed about raising a handicapped daughter and the pressures it puts on the family and my child.(She is DH's daughter but her mom died)I prayed over and over about what to do if I should leave and take K away, get divorced(love my husband though)(THey fight and she gets really agressive with K--ex broke her collarbone accidently, etc etc--Sweet child but doesnt know her strength)I open up the newspaper on Sunday and find a support/prayer group exclusively for moms of handicapped children..I think this is the answer..Pray for me please, cause I have been having a really rough time..

OK..no loss but no gain!!! Congrats to the losers!!!
Hello all!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:07 AM   #15  
aka Regina Phalange

S/C/G: 355/350/180

Height: 5'9"

Talking

Hey all....

Just a quick check in.....was out all last week...helping Mom and Dad with their new house...they are moving closer to me...yay!

Did suckey this week...but we did our grocery shopping last night..and we should be good to go for at least the next two weeks...I am excited to get back in the groove....

Hello to all the new people..I am rather new myself..and I have GOT to get in here more often...I love to read all you guys and it makes me feel better knowing that I am not alone in my struggle....

So everyone keep on keepin' on...that's what I'm gonna do...and i will try and check in later today or tomorrow!!

to all!!!
ryanzgurl is offline   Reply With Quote