Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-20-2006, 05:16 PM   #1  

Default delurk

I never thought i'd be delurking on a forum like this, but the amazing support i've read on other posts has inspired me to try. I'm 19, weigh 225 pounds, and quite frankly i'm miserable at that weight. But i've only recently begun to believe i can do something about it. My main problem is a total addication to chocolate, combined with a general tendancy towards too big portions and a student lifestyle. Has anybody beaten a chocolate addication or overeating generally? I've already read some great ideas on this forum and others. I really just don't know what to do: it seems like such a horrendous amount to lose, and i don't even know if its possible.
Thanks for reading,
Katie
Katie Jennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:47 PM   #2  
Detangler

, Katie!

wow, another chocolate-addicted teen...i'm not alone! you aren't either--these forums are full of great, supportive people. thanks for posting!
_knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:07 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Katie!! You certainly can do it, but it won't be easy so don't kid yourself there. If it seems lika a large amount to lose don't look at the big picture just yet, take it baby steps at a time. Losing 5# to start. Drinking water instead of colas or sweet drinks. Having fruits instead of deserts. Making healthy choices when you shop for groceries. Clean your environment of the junk food as so to not temp you. We have many ladies at 3FC that have lost 100+ pounds visit our Maintainers forum and you'll be shocked at how many have lost weight and have kept it off... Good luck and keep us posted...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/158/140

Height: 5'7

I am a recovering chocoholic. I used to eat a lot of chocolate. Now I buy very expensive dark chocolate - 85% cocoa - and have a small piece in the morning. I don't chew it, I let it melt in my mouth. It's bitter, but it's very good. There are even some health benefits you get from eating real dark chocolate. I find that I crave chocolate and if I don't eat what I crave, I would eat everything in sight trying to get the taste I crave.
Hope this helps. Good luck!
moonbeam65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:20 AM   #5  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Welcome Katie!!!

Problems with sugar, student lifestyle- sounds familiar for me

Itīs great that you found your way out of the lurking mode!! This forum is really, really helpful! Maybe it would be the best thing if you would join a few threads (like the binge free thread, the exercise thread.... ) and post whatever you want to post....You will receive a lot of support here and it can be helpful to have a place to vent sometimes.....

Kate
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:13 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Katie, welcome! We're so glad to have you here.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 265/156/143

Height: 177 cm (5ft10in)

I second the suggestion of dark chocolate. I also buy the 85 percent and have found that a little bit of it can stop me from wanting any more.

Welcome to the board!
lewelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

you delurker, you!!! Thank you for joining us. I also have the chocolate addiction problem (just go through old cyber purger threads and I go on and on and on about it ) and I've done a better job managing it, but it's still is bad. I found that instead of eating 1200 calories of chocolate bars, which satisfy the craving, I can eat 2 chocolate protein bars for 400 calories that satisfy the craving. I don't know how exactly it works, but it really does. It might be the protein & vitamins in the bars and they are chewy and take longer to eat. BUT, I'm going to try to dark chocolate thing, because it's expenisive, and it's TOO rich to eat a lot of it. And sometimes I actually have a problem with wanting to eat too many protein bars too, but not just the chocolate ones, I like them all. I know some people consider them junk, and I actually consider them a bulky candy bar.

The weight will come off when you give your body what it needs: exercise and nutritious food. I've lost more weight than you need to currently lose, even dealing with overeating and a chocolate problem, so it's VERY possible, like Ilene said.

Like our lovely Kate said, join us on our weekly threads and post your profile as well!!!
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote