Old 08-18-2006, 02:49 AM   #1  

Default Need suggestions/help

Hi Everyone - I've found that, not including water weight, I'm stalling alot lately....I eat under 2000 calories a day, and since Aug. 1st I have been walking for an hour a day, everyday, and doing upper body strength training for about 20 minutes every other day. My stats are: 21, 5'5", and my activity level is said above. I'm looking to lose 2lbs a week like I used to. The first 2 months were fine, but the last 4-5 weeks I lost nothing for 2 weeks, the 3rd week I made up for it and lost 6lbs, then after that, nothing the next week, and now here we are....what tweaks should I make to help me? I just realized that considering I take in 2000 but burn off about 500 calories walking each day I'm only really "keeping" 1500 a day. Does that matter, or is that okay? How can I get back to losing *regularly*? Thanks in advance everyone!

Melissa
Vilandra485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 06:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi Melissa, we were talking about this kind of thing in a thread just lately
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91634

Aphil makes some good points about getting into a diet and exercise rut.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/238/170

Height: 5' 11"

My advice, and I'm not an expert, is to lower your calories by about 200-300 per day, see if that works. Also, try not to eat the same amount of calories everyday. Your metabolism burns based on a what you ate in the previous two days. By fluxuating the amount of calories you are taking in, you keep your body working harder to lose weight.
TiffRidesAHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

You seem to actually be at a decent calorie level for your current weight...if you didn't lose for two weeks, lost 6 pounds the next week, and then didn't lose anything the third week-when you average that out, you actually have lost an average of 1 1/2 pounds per week during that time.

What seems to be happening to you, is what happens to ME. I don't lose 1-2 pounds a week, every single week, like clockwork. It just doesn't happen. I may not lose for 2 weeks...then I can drop 3-4 pounds...then I don't lose for a week, then I drop a pound...and so on and so forth. The human body doesn't lose weight in an exact amount-even if we are counting calories, and counting the calories in our workouts like clockwork.

If you want quicker results-then intensify your workouts a little...maybe a slight drop in calorie level-say, 1900 a day rather than 2000. (You don't want to drop 200-300 a day at one time-it will make it harder to lose later on when you are smaller, and don't really have as much room to drop it in.)

I would not say that you are in any sort of a plateau at all, though-because over the past 4 weeks you have lost 6 pounds-it just hasn't been "evenly" 1 1/2 pounds per week over that period of time.

You are doing great. Keep it up.

Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote