General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 02:28 PM   #1  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Default 10 years later... JonBenet Ramsey’s death ‘an accident’

This makes me sick to my stomach, but I am so glad it is finally over...

Quote:
BANGKOK, Thailand - An American expatriate school teacher said publicly Thursday he was with JonBenet Ramsey when she died in what he called “an accident,” a stunning admission after a decade without answers in the 6-year-old’s murder.

John Mark Karr, 41, was arrested Wednesday, a day after he began teaching second grade in Bangkok, District Attorney Mary Lacy told reporters in Colorado. JonBenet was found beaten and strangled in the basement of her family’s home in Boulder, Colo., on Dec. 26, 1996.

Karr told investigators he drugged and had sex with the child beauty queen before accidentally killing her, said a senior Thai police officer, who was briefed about the interview.
More - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14379566/?GT1=8404
Old 08-17-2006, 03:17 PM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I shudder to think of the other children he's probably harmed, or would harm, as a second grade teacher.....
Old 08-17-2006, 03:30 PM   #3  
No description available.

Absolutely disgusting. I am sure the drugging and rape was an accident, too. I used to think child rapists should be shot. Now I believe they should be tortured and left to die.

I also am disgusted with the media term "had sex". I hate the term molested, too. It is rape. Rape only and should be called what it is. "Had sex" implies some sort of consent.

Vile, evil and disgusting.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

The whole situation makes me mostly disgusted with the media. The media who pointed the blame squarely at the Ramseys to the point where I believed they were guilty. In this age of TV and internet, it doesn't seem there is innocent until proven guilty, if you act "weird" or do something unusual (ie kiddie beauty contests or not cooperating perfectly and immediately with the police) you MUST be guilty, you are tried in the eyes of the public and condemned before ever legally indicted in a court of law.

I hope this guy is truly the guilty party and DNA will tie him to the case. Right now, with his ex wife saying he couldn't do it because he was in Alabama at the time, I wonder if he's some nutjob who is completely obsessed with JonBenet and just wants to be ASSOCIATED with her in anyway, even as her perceived murderer. Of course, according to the police he shared details with a person researching the murder that were not released to the public. So, I really hope he is the guy and the Ramseys can be completely exonerated.

I definitely learned a big lesson from this case and how the media can make anything seem convincing.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:11 PM   #5  
I restore Teeth.

Yeah, Funny how the media pointed to the parents as main suspects... I was at one point convinced it was the parents, now I feel strange for believing the media.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:21 PM   #6  
Starting Fresh

I always thought it was the parents because of the media. I was watching south park, just the day before yesterday and Butters (I think thats him, i dont watch the show often) goes missing and ramsey's show up... anyway even there it acts like they did it.... I feel aweful for these people, being acused for so long and everyone believing it...

I didn't hear the wife said he couldnt of done it I just heard she said he didnt think she he did... But I am starting to wonder too if he just wants everyone to think he did it... who knows, I just hope they come to the bottom of this eventually.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:45 PM   #7  
Domestic Engineer

And I'm sure he confessed to get out of that Thai prison and over to a nice cushy US prison
Old 08-17-2006, 05:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 159/155/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm so with Glory. I really hope the DNA ties him to it so this can be over for the family. If it doesn't, then he must be crazy.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:15 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Absolutely disgusting. I am sure the drugging and rape was an accident, too. I used to think child rapists should be shot. Now I believe they should be tortured and left to die.

I also am disgusted with the media term "had sex". I hate the term molested, too. It is rape. Rape only and should be called what it is. "Had sex" implies some sort of consent.

Vile, evil and disgusting.
I TOTALLY AGREE!

Had sex... ugh. That's not sex!!! What's the deal, is rape too shocking a term? Well it ought to be. It's not a pretty thing, it ought not have such a neutral term. If rape were called what it is more often, maybe victims could come forward more, knowing what they experienced was a violent criminal act rather than being confused about what happened to them. Grrr.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:22 PM   #10  

I feel so sad everytime, I read or hear the story. Her mother died this June, Imagine the depression and anger she must've felt!!!
Jonbenet was the most beautiful and amazing lil doll! Rape and murder of minors should definitely be punished with death sentence or life improsnment under the most hard conditions.

I dont want to pay tax to let such people enjoy their lives in prison with plasma tv;s and gyms and soft beds!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 06:48 PM   #11  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

I'm with Glory in that I'm disgusted by the media, but I think I'm more disgusted in that the media really only put so much attention on this case because she was a pretty white girl from a wealthy family. Don't get me wrong - I don't think any child should ever have to suffer what she suffered, ever, no matter who they are. I also think there are hundreds of other children who have been harmed out there like this, though, and they've all been overshadowed. That being said, I'm glad to know that this man has been caught and can't harm anyone else. I just wish that one day the media would give this much attention to an underprivaliged minority child whose death goes unsolved for so long.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:26 PM   #12  
No description available.

I agree with you, Sierra. When women of color go missing, there is not the media frenzy that follows, say, the runaway bride, or that poor girl in Aruba. Violence against women and children just really needs to stop. Now.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:09 PM   #13  

I think one of the reasons that the story got so much air time was because they had all those photos and home movies and she was really cute. I think a lot of tabloid news is based on having visuals to go with the story.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:56 PM   #14  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hey, don't forget that just because someone confesses doesn't mean that the person actually did the deed. NOT to be a downer, or anything, but with today's reports, it seems that this guy has ALOT of psych problems and a concurrent obsession with the case. A false confession isn't out of the question, especially since the autopsy of little Jon-Bennet showed no traces of drugs in her system even though he says he drugged her. False confessions aren't unusual at all - now the DNA evidence is even more important if it is a positive match, and if he is able to provide details about the crime that couldn't have been researched beforehand.
Glad that the sicko is off the streets in any event...
Old 08-18-2006, 10:20 PM   #15  

Apparently he does know some details that have not been made public. Things about the crime scene etc. I really do not know what to think about this guy's ties to the crime, but he definently has some issues with children and needs to be off the streets no matter what!
Closed Thread