Old 08-17-2006, 10:32 AM   #1  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

Default First timer!

Hi everyone!!!

I'm starting out on my great journey! I read Dr. Atkins' book, looked on the web...I'm feeling pretty good. I gave up sugar once and remember the headaches, so I'm expecting them and am ready with my Excedrine.

I don't want to rely on shakes and bars if I can help it, so I'm looking for some filling snacks (esp. bedtime snacks). Any ideas would be appreciated.

I'm excited! I know this will work for me!!
Freedom&Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:08 AM   #2  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good luck on your weight loss journey!! We're here for ya!

My favorite low carb snacks were always cheese and pepperoni, especially when bought at a REAL cheese house or Amish country. In fact, now I'm doing the low cal low fat thing, but I miss my cheese cubes dipping in mustard!

If you get the sweet tooth, try peanut butter mixed with Cool whip, it'll remind you of PB pie....or of course sugar free jello with cool whip...

I usually had some deviled or hard boiled eggs on hand...eventually though, the thought of more EGGS gagged me!

I'll post more when I think of more....!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:24 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Welcome!!

You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement!!

All the best to you as you begin your new lifestyle. Atkins is a great plan & works when done correctly. During Induction, I ate string cheese, occasionally I'd have pepperoni, hard boiled eggs & deviled eggs. I stayed away from the sugar free jello due to the aspartame, which can stall some people. I have been on Atkins for over 2 years now, I've never had an Atkins bar or shake. I try to eat clean, unprocessed food. I found that works best for me. But, everyone is different and you will find what works for you.

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:57 AM   #4  

I would also avoid the low carb bars-just because they stalled my loss and they are expensive and not so good tasting. I did (and still do) eat alot of sugar-free jello with whipped cream. I also eat fresh fruit at least once a day-but only after you've gome through induction. For other snacking options I like veggies with dill dip, deli meat with a slice of cheese wrapped around a big dill pickle, string cheese and almonds.

Best of luck to you....

Highest weight 209#
Today's weight 156# down one more!!!!
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:43 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Welcome and please post and keep us informed how you are doing. i love this site and it has been such a great help to me. Good luck. This plan really does work. Congratulations on getting started.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I also stay away from the low carb bars, they don't taste very good and many of them contain malitol which I find to be VERY laxative.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:53 PM   #7  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone!!!

Hee...I actually like some of the Atkins bars, though they are expensive. I've been eating them for awhile. LOL!

Thanks for the great ideas for snacks!

I'm doing something differently this time (I mean, besides changing the way I eat ). I'm weighing myself in the evening, which will give me a more accurate weight! Every other time I tried to lose weight, I would weigh nekkid in the morning. Hee. Not really an accurate weight, IMHO.

Does anyone know any good podcasts that are still active? I love listening to Low Carb Lifestyle and Atkins All the Way, but they are not being updated.

Freedom&Light is offline   Reply With Quote