Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2001, 06:32 PM   #1  
cookies are for browsers

Smile Thank you 3FC

Dear Suzanne, Jennifer and Amy:

Thank you so much for working so hard to keep this website going. It is a fantastic place for us to be able to come to and lose weight. Even though some people may be critical, it is OBVIOUS that we are all making changes for healthier lives. You three have made it easier for us to do. Thank you!

Congratulations on your
117 POUND LOSS
from your journal entries! That's, like, a whole aerobics instructor!

Keep up the good work! We really appreciate what you have done here.

Jennifa
Old 09-07-2001, 01:42 AM   #2  
gettn' strong in 2002

Jennifa - very well said; I second that

I have made lots of friends here; hopefully lifelong. This is all thanks to literally stumbling onto this site almost 3 years ago.
Thank you 3fc!

farmbabe
Old 09-08-2001, 08:54 AM   #3  

HI, I AM NEW HERE BUT HAVE BEEN READING YOUR STUFF FOR A LONG TIME. I WANT TO THANK ALL THREE OF YOU. YOU HAVE HELPED ME SO MUCH. YOUR RECIPES HAVE BEEN GREAT. PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP. WE NEED YOU. I HOPE TO MEET MANY WOMEN HERE THAT I CAN SHARE WITH WHO UNDERSTANDS. THIS SITE HAS BEEN GREAT FOR ME. NOW I KNOW I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO STRUGGLES WITH WEIGHT LOSS. I HAVE READ SO MUCH NEAT STUFF HERE JUST TODAY THAT HAS INSPIRED ME TO KEEP TRING. THANK YOU AGAIN SO MUCH AND BE BELESSED.
Old 09-08-2001, 10:27 AM   #4  

When I was a moderator for 3FC some time ago, and was witness to some pretty childish bickering amongst various "dieting factions", I came to understand how this medium enables cowardly people to have a mean-spirited voice under a cloak of anonymity. This medium, however, can also enable wonderful, supportive people to come together and help each other. I hope that the 3FC sisters are able to set aside the comments of the mean-spirited cowards in the world and understand just how much the rest of us appreciate their efforts and how much we understand how difficult this struggle truly is. We're all in this together. Even though I've made my goal, I never take for granted that I'll stay here. It's a lifelong battle, and I'm glad there continues to be a place like this for support.
Old 09-09-2001, 03:24 PM   #5  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Jennifer, Suzanne, and Amy,
You have changed my life by making this avenue of communication open. Thank you, thank you, thank you. The comments and great ideas, the opportunity to join a small club in 3fatchicks, the recipes, the inspiration all reflect back on you and your efforts from the very beginning to share your weight loss journey. This site has been invaluable to me as I learn more about the weight loss process. I've stumbled a million times since joining a little over a year ago. Good luck and God bless to the three of you who have been so dedicated. Please ignore the people who have the nerve to say harmful things to you. Please accept the hugs and good wishes of all of us who will be forever grateful.
Love,
I try harder
Old 09-09-2001, 09:40 PM   #6  
Getting back on track!

Hi Gals!

I can't agree more. I have made some of my very best friends on this site. We are all going through these lifestyle changes together. I hate to know others have the same health issues I have but it's nice to know I am not alone and that there is someone that understands.

I lost a lot of weight and gained most all of it back due to medications, depression and not cooking healthy. I have never had depression before and unless you have had it you just can't imagine how bad it is. I thank God I have a wonderful and understanding husband. I actually have hope now and know I am back on my way.

Suzanne, Amy and Jennifer you are all human and that's what makes you so special to us. You know what we are going through and a lot of times we are going through the same things at the same time. Please just hit delete on the "mean people" email and continue doing what you are doing. Of course if you need time away from the site for your health you definetley better do that. You are the most important thing and don't forget that. I always had intentions of sending a donation and when I got so depressed and stopped getting on line I never sent anything but I will get something in the mail. Again, I think you are the best! Thanks for all you do. You are all in my prayers!
Love and hugs
Setina
Old 09-11-2001, 06:44 AM   #7  
it's always something

Thank you

It's really uplifting to come here and see the support you give us, it's really helping both of us right now. And of course it's wonderful to see the support you give each other, it's truly a community here. We're all in this together, and I plan to spend more time on here from now on. Surrounding myself with friends such as yourselves, I can't go wrong

Thank again,
Suzanne
Old 09-12-2001, 03:55 PM   #8  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

I too just want to add my THANK YOU to this list. I think you guys do a SPECTACULAR job and have ever since I started with you guys. Don't let one persons critisism(sp) bother you at all. There are so many more of us that think you do a great job!!! Keep up the good work. This is one page I visit EVERY day! I plan to continue to do so. You have made my struggle with weight loss a lot less difficult and a lot more fun. Hugs to you all. Take care, and have a great day.....Sis
Old 09-12-2001, 04:59 PM   #9  
Senior Tortoise

I'd like to add my thanks as well. This is the place that has kept me sane and has helped me lose -- and keep off -- 60 pounds over the past three years. Thanks to the three of you, I've made cyberfriends here and have changed my life. "Thank you" seems so inadequate, but it comes from the bottom of my heart.

--Lauren
Old 09-13-2001, 10:11 AM   #10  

I wanted to add my thanks and appreciation for this wonderful web site and your dedication to it.
Thanks to you I was finally able to lose all my surplus weight and keep it off! I have made some wonderful friends here on the boards and in the chat room and it is thanks to them that I was able to continue with the WWs program and reach target and these wonderful people also helped me when my husband was ill with, and finally died of, cancer. Without your help I think I would have gone to pieces and put back all the weight I had lost.
I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Mean spirited people exist everywhere and are best ignored.

Best wishes from Spain
Ann
Old 09-14-2001, 06:18 AM   #11  

Angry me too!

I am very grateful for this site and for all the work you do in keeping it going. I am just beginning my journey with losing weight and I have over 100lbs to lose. I thought it was impossible until I came upon this site and found all the support which is here. I absolutely know that it is in finding others dealing with the same thing that I am strong enough to face the fear of this thing. Absolutely no doubt. I am doing the WW plan, and I find the meetings of very limited value - I prefer this forum.

Many overweight people are very wounded by the experiences of being heavy, and sometimes that wounding comes out as nasty, waspish, aggressive behaviour. Dont let thier spite affect you. It is thier pain speaking, but you dont have to listen. I read that letter in your journal Jennifer - it was venomous and hate filled. Ignore it (but I know it hurts).

Love is the only way forward - love for ourselves above all. So we are fat? Love ourselves. So we lose weight? love ourselves. So we gain weight? Love ourselves. So we stay the same weight? Love ourselves. And then we can love others too. In that order.

You have made an incredible contribution to the lives of thousands and thousands of people who stop at this site. Maybe someone takes one idea, maybe they post everyday on the boards. Whatever. I was really struck by the photo of the person's hand reaching for a green apple - I went out and bought a bag of green apples in the first week of my programme, and as I ate them I thought 'its changing, I can do this, this is healthy and tasty and possible'. This site is inspired, and whether you choose to keep going with it, or stop, or hand it over, or take a break or whatever, you should know that you have sucessfully contributed to the well being, self respect, health and confidence of countless ordinary people who struggle with their body weight.

Love to you all
Closed Thread