Old 08-14-2006, 12:36 AM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default **Weekly Chat - 14 August - 20 August**

Morning all!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was so busy.

I took OH's daughter out to a sushi bar and then we went to a movie on saturday. Was a great day - but last time I went to this sushi bar they didn't have fried calamari, chicken or prawns! I had to talk myself out of eating only those things and got in some actual sushi

I got to the gym finally on sunday and did an hour cardio and my weights workout. Big NSV for me - I upped my seated row from 25kg to 30kg on the second set yeh!!!! i love going up in my weights.

On the down side, i weighed in yesterday at 107kg - up 0.7kg on last week. I need to keep my food in check - it is the only thing i can see that is letting me down. I mean over 3 hours of exercise last week and I still gain? Who knows what is going on.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:36 AM   #2  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hey Ladies!

I finished summer school...finally! So, now I get to adjust back to just working full time, no more school for awhile! Whoo Hoo!

Just got back from a little weekend getaway, floated the guadalupe river, outside of Austin, TX. I looked pretty good in my bikini...I'll say even better than last year, and my bf agreed. So that was a nice NSV! He is not always quick to compliment me, so it was nice to hear him agree. Guess what? I weigh more than I did last year, just think my body is just more toned than ever.

Everyone have a great week~!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:40 AM   #3  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Well IM BACK.....and maintained YAY! Would have rather seen a loss this morning but the SAME is still KILLER I have to be honest I was not an angel but I did make some very smart choices which made my bad choices not so devastating. A couple of non scale victories while I was gone...I bought a pair of pants and was a SMALL, as well as looked down to find myself on the first hole on my belt. So if I lose any more (which I am gonna...fingers crossed) I will have to buy a new one. YAY!

Well I am still not 100 percent sure that my eating won't catch up to me so I better get a killer workout in this evening. Hope everyone is doing well, did ya all miss me?

Daisy - Way to go on your NSV. Food sounds like the culprit for that gain. I did visit your site and left you some comments. I love your use of sepia tone, you don't see a lot of that nowadays. I fell in love with a couple of the pictures and hope to see many more looks as if you have an 'eye' Did I ever give you the link to mine? Its http://www.stephaniewilliams.smugmug.com, I added you as a friend.Its less a potfolio and more just storage. Believe it or not newspapers still want you to send them photos in the mail or on disk. They think it is a pain to go online to see your work.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:33 PM   #4  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Daisy- Congrats on your NSV! Muscles = hotness.... and unfortunately, I am the same way when it comes to doing really well at them gym but letting the food thing slip. It is soooo frustrating.

Spill- Oooh... sounds like you had a fun time. Boyfriend compliments are great nsv!

Stephie- While maintaining isn't as fun as losing, it is waaaay better than gaining. Just remember that, and keep on truckin. It will come off!

So, we finally kind of have the internet at my apartment for real. Three girls who know nothing about routers and wireless whatnots, I think we did a pretty good job at getting everything up and running. Although, this morning the internet was out again so umm maybe... not? Oh well, I'm going to try to make it to work everyday this week to get myself back on schedule, so at least I'll be able to keep more consistent food logs.

The birthday weekend was a lot of fun, although I hope I never drink so much I feel sick again. It definitely wasn't the FIRST time, but I feel like at the ripe old age of 21... I'm too old to be sitting on the bathroom floor of a hotel room barfing up an evening of expensive drinks.

Now it is back staying under 1500 cals a day and getting back to the gym for the week....
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:40 PM   #5  
Living the Laguna life...

Hi girlies
I had a tough weekend...I broke up with my boyfriend of three years yesterday, and pretty much didn't feel live moving for the rest of the weekend. I still feel like total sh*t...I don't know what I'm going to do without him I weighed in this morning at 139, one pound from goal. I'm so close, but I just totally don't care. I would give every pound I've lost back to be with my boyfriend (haha, not that love can be traded for pounds of fat). Anyway, it was a victory but I just can't celebrate right now. Any advice on handling a breakup? This is my first major one and I am a total wreck.
Stephie, amazing job this weekend! I am so proud of you. Look at us, total rockstars
Daisy, your sushi date sounds wonderful! I think you have been doing a great job with your exercise...have a great week eating and I'm sure you'll see a loss!
Spill, that's awesome! do you like the whole rafting/floating river thing? i think i might be doing that on saturday so let me know what i should bring and all that kidn of stuff
Wasted, LOL. The worst thing about the whole situation is that you paid so much money for all those drinks, and then they ended up in the toilet!!! hahaha, too funny girl.
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:46 PM   #6  
Life's Short, Paint Naked

S/C/G: 226/tkr/150

Hi Fat Chicks! I missed ya!

My grandparents have been visiting and my grandfather is in the process of moving here to be near us. Baby Clairey turned one (one!!!! I cried a whole lot that day-she's our last) so it's been busy busy busy. If anyone wants to see pictures, let me know, I have a website (password protected to keep the crazies out) that we update periodically or whenever I'm in the mood. I have fallen completely off the wagon on working out. It started with Dade's swim class. It was every evening after Jon got home from work, which is normally when I go to the gym. It rained every other day. We'd drive the 30 minutes out there only to find it raining on that side of town so we couldn't swim. So a 1-week class turned into 2 1/2 weeks. Then Omi (my grandma) arrived, so we ended up planning lots of activities and outings that tired me out or had us getting home late. Every day something kept me from the gym! I did make up for it a little with some at-home workouts, but they aren't nearly as fun or effective, and my fat knows it and stays just to spite me. I did stay on top of my eating (except for the birthday party, what can I say, I make a fantastic chocolate cake) and the few days afterward where we had the leftover party fare. I didn't lose more than a pound, but I'm just thankful I didn't gain.
Oh, and how f--ed up am I when I see the anorexic woman on Oprah and feel envious of her willpower? That's just sick and I know it, seriously, so no flaming, but still, it's the first thing that pops into my mind.

I totally missed you guys!!!
NakedHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:34 PM   #7  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Hi all!! Happy Monday? Mine was SUPER busy today! Thank goodness, kept me in check until I got home.. Why are the evenings so hard?!

Sorry to hear about your breakup Michelle.. It'll get better.. if it's meant to be.. Keep trucking.. Give yourself some time to get over him. Way to go on being only 1lb away from your goal, that's awesome!!

WTG Daisy! That's awesome at the gym.. All that working out, I need to take some lessons.

Spill~Your vacation sounds awesome!

Stephanie~WB!

Wasted~Congrats on getting moved & everything hooked up. I dislike moving sooooooo much! Drinks not so great the second time around huh? HAHA

Naked~WOW.. Lots going on with you. AAWW@your baby turning 1.. You'lll get back in the swing of things with exercising.. We all fall into slumps, I know I do!

School starts for my oldest on Wednesday.. I'm going to be a good mom & cook him breakfast his first day & take him to school. I can't believe he's going to be in 4th grade already.. Where has the time gone?! Our youngest wants to go to school too he says.. I had to explain he wasn't old enough. He's only 2.5yrs old.. He said "ok mom". *Sigh*

My class starts in 2wks. I am doing an independent study course as well for work, i am NOT a good independent studier. I REALLY need to kick that in gear.

Exercising is going slow.. I need to kick it into high gear. I need sleep though.. Any advice?! I can't sleep!!

Hope everyone has a great week!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:52 PM   #8  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

morning ladies

slightly fantastic morning already. i thought for kicks i would try on my size 18 (14US) jeans seeing as i was hitching up my 20's (16US) all day yesterday. the 18's fit! tight, yes, but breathable and moveable and certainly not muffin-topping myself out of them completely. OMG!

i hope to make it to the gym tonight. we have an expo on for work so i might be pushed for time, but want to get in my strength and cardio. i missed out on my yoga last night - will make yesterday my day off and keep on truckin'.

stephie - thanks for the compliments! i have to check out your comments later tonight. i very much value your opinion. and are you kidding!? i have your smugmug page bookmarked from eons ago! congrats on maintaining - especially with the work jaunt.

michelle - so sorry about your breakup. i know it hurts. take your time to mourn and then get back up and face the world head on. we are here if you need to vent.

spill - lovely compliment from the BF! sounds like you had a great time too.

candice - get back on that wagon girly! you have been super busy by the sound of it, but you can get back in there and work off your booty.

lizzie - sounds like an eventful birthday get to the gym and sweat those toxins out! isn't 21 the legal drinking age in the US? in australia it is 18 years.

Last edited by Daisy Boo; 08-14-2006 at 09:53 PM. Reason: clarity
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:31 AM   #9  
Lose that Baby Weight!

So hopped on the scale this morning 124.4 what what what? I hope this downward trend keeps going. It now makes my morning to weigh myself. This is the first time in a long time I haven't self sabotaged my weight loss into a weight gain. ABOUT TIME! Went to the grocery store last night so now I have good food to eat once again. Did not get my workout in but I WILL GET IT IN TONIGHT. No ifs ands or buts.

Michelle - Hun I just read this and your blog. I am soooo sorry I cannot imagine what you must be going through. I hate to be one of those people that says everything happens for a reason, but I know you are going to be alright. Things will work out, still I know things are hard. Let me know if ya need anything.

wasted thermos - Happy belated birthday. Sucky about the puking, I had a night like that a little while back. Tried to act like I was 21 again hehe....

Candice - welcome back! We missed you and your humorous comments hehe.

Daisy - Yayayayayay on the 18s girl. You must be feeling pretty on top of the world right now.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:57 PM   #10  
Living the Laguna life...

Hi guys
Thanks so much for the support ...I have noticed that just the past few days have made things better, and it's not the end of the world. I did spend last night at a wine and cheese social at my church talking with possible the world's nerdiest computer engineer who spit cracker/cheese on me not once, twice, but THREE times! Y'all would have died It definitely made me remember why I was so happy to get out of the single world. But, alas, I'll try to make the best of it. I haven't had much of an appetite lately...I suppose that'll be good for the weight loss. I finally got back to working out this morning and got in a run. It felt pretty good
Stephie -- Congratulations!!! You are doing so well! How many more pounds to your goal?
Daisy -- That is absolutely amazing! There is nothing like fitting into a smaller size!
Amber -- I often find that exercise helps me sleep. Since it became a regular part of my life, I notice that I have difficulty falling asleep on days when I don't workout (it even helps me sleep when I'm stressed out about work too!)
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:09 PM   #11  

Hey girls, as you may have noticed I did not go on yesterday. Why you ask? I was ashamed... the bachelorette party was on saturday night and at first I was being REALLY good and not eating any of the little candies and cookies that everyone brought (I was munching on the carrots that I brought for myself) However, dinner was not until 9:30 and at around 5 we started playing trivia games and yep you guessed it drinking. After 3 glasses of wine and no food I was drunk as a skunk. Then we went for Chinese food and I swear I have never piled so much food into my mouth. I ate plates and plate full of fattening fried food AND I swear I had 7 of the almond cookies. AND as long as I was bad Saturday night (this is very bad thinking by me) I figured for the family party on Sunday why not just keep eating.

HOWEVER, yesterday I was VERY good and back to my usual healthy self and I am going to maintain that. The bridesmaid dress fitting this morning was a little emotional... luckily the dress wasn't TOO tight, but I really not to start watching it.

Michelle- You are 1 lb from your goal and as hard as it may be you're now open to all sorts of possibilities with relationships. Just imagine what surprises lay ahead and let that motivate you to lose that last pound. If you weren't getting what you wanted from that relationship then you already passed the hardest step, moving on and not staying in a rut. Just enjoy yourself.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:49 AM   #12  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Miss Michelle: (((((((hugs)))))) hang in there! each day will get a teeny tiny bit better, it may not feel like it, just keep busy!

Let's see...not much to report, just wanted to stop in and see what was going on. I just calculated and my HS reuninon is in 23 days....time to get super strict with my diet...no more cheating! ARGH!

Ladies, have a great day!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:59 AM   #13  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Well ladies not much going on here. I keep sneeking peeks at the scale and not waiting until my Monday weigh in. Thank goodness it has been good news. Yesterday got a power walk with the dog in as well as some running. Ate fabulously healthy and generally had a really good day.

Today I got some great news about a new job which opens the possibility for me to go back to school without having to pay a dime. Would be way stressful so I currently have a lot on my plate.

Today have to work the at home job as well as get some house cleaning done. Running felt so good last night I am gonna take it up again tonight. Once again this month I am seriously slacking on my strength training so that must also become a priority.

michelle - omg nerdy computer engineer pick up lines and cheese spitting eh? Sounds like a fun filled evening. Good for you getting back into your workouts - they are a great way to burn off some agression... I am 7 lbs from goal wooohooo huh?

cookie - Oh we all have those days...just make them few and far between...don't ever worry about coming back here and having us judge you We all know what it is like. Glad to hear you are back on track already though.

spill - wow 23 days that sounds like it kind of snuck up on ya huh?
Old 08-16-2006, 03:01 PM   #14  

You know what annoys me... work lunches! Yes I know free lunches how can I complain? Well I am trying to be VERY VERY VERY good because my sister's wedding is coming up so mostly I am following Jenny Craig; however, I occasionally eat out and am super duper healthy, which means I am super duper "everything on the side, steamed, no sauces, etc." healthy. Yet vendors for work keep asking me for lunch and it is part of making contacts and connections which is important to my job but sabotaging my weight loss.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:32 PM   #15  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Miss Michelle- Well.. lucky for me I didn't pay for those expensive drinks ...in fact, I'm pretty sure it was the free ones from the bartenders that put me over the edge. And your story about the nerdy cheese and wine spitter seriously made me laugh out loud. Dating is hard, and sometimes funny, but it is worth giving yourself the opportunity to find love again. The last time I ever lost weight without trying was when I dropped 10lbs when my ex and I broke up. I've heard people call it the break-up diet, and really it is the only good thing about breaking up.

Candice- What a cute name, Clairey! Well even though it is important to make it to the gym, at least you`re staying active. Better than me.. most of the time when I don't make it to the gym it's because I'd rather be napping.

amb_lyn- Evenings and weekends are hard for me.. I guess I should start taking every hour by itself instead of thinking of those things as the "ends" of my day/week.

Daisy- OoOohh.. moving down a size is my favorite! hehe, congrats girl!! And yes, 21 is the legal drinking age here. I'm the last of my friends to finally turn legal.

Stephie- Your hard work is paying off! Its awesome seeing those downward trends! And thanks for the bday wishes!

Jenna- Don't be ashamed! We all have days/weekends/weeks/etc like that. The best thing to do is just break out of the cycle as soon as possible and get back on track and it looks like you`re doing that! And yes, I'm always glad when I get a break from the temptation of work food.

I've gotten in good work outs the past few days and so I'm finally starting not to feel so .. crappy from drinking and eating whatever I want. Also, the eating is also falling in line so I'm safe until Saturday. We're having my birthday party which means lots of alcohol and lots of junk food. My plan is the eat right up until then and then not drink so much that I start making bad food choices at the party. In fact, I'm going to try to find some healthy snack food that even the guys will like.

My body is aching from strength training and I have a bad feeling that I pulled something in my shoulder last week. At first I thought it was just sore from working out but it is more of a sharp pain and it is only in my right shoulder. Rarrr. Luckily, I can avoid the shoulders and still do other stuff so all is not lost.

Oh, and I had a random 3fc moment when I realized the focal point of my dream last night was snacks... cheetos in the shape of goldfish crackers. It was really exciting for me!

Hope everyone is having a good week!!!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote