Old 08-10-2006, 02:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 191/187/141

Height: 5'4"

Lightbulb Lightning Bolt Moment

I had not a light bulb moment yesterday but a lightning bolt moment.

I was home visiting my mom and she took my husband and I out for dinner. Well, we rarely get back home so I was curious to see who I would see in the restaurant. It was a rural county, one high school, everyone knew everyone, well I did see someone I knew and she was huge. Then I looked around and everyone in there was large and you know what it scared me to think I am that large. I don't want to be that large and I don't want to be that girl who never left the county. I have to committ to losing the weight and keeping it off.

Anyway, I was here at the beginning of the year and doing well but then slipped into my old ways. But now I just have to make the life committment. My husband who is trim and fit has just been diagnosed with high cholesterol so my excuse for making yummy butter filled dishes is no more.

My goal for the end of this month is 180 lbs.

My goal for the end of October is 165 lbs

My goal for the end of December is 150 pounds.

Method of madness: Counting Calories/ 30 minutes of excersize a day

Amanda
wife to fantastic husband
mother to super fantastic toddler
OBsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:14 PM   #2  
Dreamy Eyed

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBsMama
I had not a light bulb moment yesterday but a lightning bolt moment.

I was home visiting my mom and she took my husband and I out for dinner. Well, we rarely get back home so I was curious to see who I would see in the restaurant. It was a rural county, one high school, everyone knew everyone, well I did see someone I knew and she was huge. Then I looked around and everyone in there was large and you know what it scared me to think I am that large. I don't want to be that large and I don't want to be that girl who never left the county. I have to committ to losing the weight and keeping it off.

Anyway, I was here at the beginning of the year and doing well but then slipped into my old ways. But now I just have to make the life committment. My husband who is trim and fit has just been diagnosed with high cholesterol so my excuse for making yummy butter filled dishes is no more.

My goal for the end of this month is 180 lbs.

My goal for the end of October is 165 lbs

My goal for the end of December is 150 pounds.

Method of madness: Counting Calories/ 30 minutes of excersize a day

Amanda
wife to fantastic husband
mother to super fantastic toddler

Sounds like you would fit in great in our CHristmas Challenge.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91053 Check it out and PM me if you'd likie to join!

Good Luck!
PumpkinPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:59 PM   #3  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

I bet you will make it this time, now that hubby is involved, sometimes thats all it takes
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:04 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Good luck to you! You can do it!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/198/150

Height: 5'1.5"

Wow, you sound inspired! I love it. Sounds like you are ready. Me too. I am excited to celebrate your success with you.
trulythinwithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 191/187/141

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Thanks for all the support. I know it is an illusion but I feel really energetic this morning. I weighed myself and I am 187.5. Two weeks ago I was 191.0 so I am happy. Aunt Flo is just leaving and I was sure I was up around 191 again.

Well, I am off the the beach this weekend so I am going to try to balance eating and excersizing. I am not a big drinker so I think I'll be ok in that area. My folks are trying to lose weight as well so I think they will be good and not buy things to tempt me.

Do you ladies weigh yourself daily or weekly or not at all?
OBsMama is offline   Reply With Quote