Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

Default Day 3--This is not a challenge

Hello!

Well, I lost focus a little bit yesterday when I got home from work. It was hot and late. I was starving and didn't plan very well. So, I ate some junk. However, contrary to my usual pattern, I'm not going to let that derail the whole plan.

Today, I will make good choices for lunch and dinner and try to achieve my daily goals:

*six superfoods
*>1600 calories
*exercise 3 days a week

I don't have an eating plan today. That's part of my problem. I need to do a better job of planning food every day early in the week. I need to get rid of the "feel like" eating I do. "I don't feel like eating that" gets me in trouble a lot.
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:10 PM   #2  
No description available.

Well....my food was not the best yesterday, but I did consider this not-a-challenge challenge and made different choices than I might have.

Today I have had an egg, one slice of toast, and 2 york peppermint patties. Exercise will be elliptical for an hour.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:46 PM   #3  

This is my plan today:

B: fresh pineapple
tea

L: chicken stir-fry w/ lots of veggies
navel orange

D: lean ground beef w/ tomato sauce
broccoli&cauliflower mix

So far I'm right on track. Dinner is already made, too, so I see no reason the day shouldn't go as planned. Lots of fresh, healthy veggies, a couple of fruits, some lean protein...yay!

I spent 2 hours doing play therapy with kids this morning, and I'm planning to hop on the treadmill this afternoon/evening. Yesterday's workout went well, 45 minutes on the treadmill and Pilates. I feel very positive!

Once we get into double-digit days it'll be easier to focus, I think. That's my downfall with starting a program--until my weight loss is in double digits, it's "nothing" and easy to surrender. Once I'm over 10, though, I'm on my way. So let's keep at it, girls!
mousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:50 PM   #4  
~sexy chicka~

S/C/G: 265/185/165 5'5"

I'll jump in on this one.

Tuesday:
My eating was pretty bad yesturday (part of recovery from junk-food bender), but getting better.

I also walked 3.5 miles in about an hour. Dinner was split-pea and ham soup, then bed.

Wednesday:
Eating is right on par so far (always easier at work). I have a nice fresh pineapple, blueberries and strawberries waiting when I get home. Exercise is a maybe this evening - we'll see.
Cardiomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

I've been over in the intuitive eating thread. Very interesting. I'm going to do some work on this and see what happens.

I like the superfoods idea because it's not about what you can't have, but what you need to provide the best nutrients to run the machine that is your body. Besides it's all yummy. Now, if I could get my hands around the emoutional eating stuff, I'd be unstoppable. I think I can solve this one if I get an action plan.

Meanwhile, I've got a great list of music for my new mp3 player. I'll be dancing around the neighborhood in the next couple of days.
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:24 PM   #6  

Yesterday was so-so. I went to a concert (Jimmy Buffet, yeah). I had a healthy snack before going in and held myself to one lite beer. I had bagged snacks for afterward but I forgot them. Doh! I ended up stopping and getting a hamburger. Not terrific but not a typical day.
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote