Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-09-2006, 06:01 AM   #1  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Default You know you're a Fitness Freak when...

Recently I got caught at a class without a sports bra it's something that VERY RARELY happens, but since I workout 5-6 days a week, it had to happen some time!!!! I was thinking last night about what other stuff has changed now that I'm a fitness freak!!!

1) You don't buy tops "just because they fit" you buy them because you can't see your sports bra underneath them!

2) You have more "workout clothes" than regular clothes

3) You do a "workout wash" every other day and your other half is complaining that you never wash HIS clothes

4) People don't find it strange when you tell them you're running a half marathon - even though you think you've finally flipped!

5) You can discuss the merits of each particular brand of protein powder in GNC along with the "big boys"

6) The receptionist at the gym misses you if you're sick!

7) You go on holiday with your kickboxing club/workout group and find it hard to think of "other friends...."

8) People look at you funny when you reply to their question of, "What are you thinking about?" with, "Kickboxing!"

9) You have more than one pair of "running socks" - heck, you even HAVE running socks!

10) You have more pairs of trainers/running shoes than dress shoes

11) People don't recognise you when you're wearing "normal clothes"

12) You start to wonder if you could get away with wearing sweat pants to work...

13) A two hour commute by pedal bike is starting to look exciting!

14) You need to sort your workout clothes into separate drawers for "tops" "pedal pushers" "bike shorts" "martial arts uniform" "winter running leggings" "warm-up/cooldown tracksuits"

15) You have a whole drawer of sports bras!

16) All your meals MUST be portable since you are either travelling to or from the gym at mealtimes!

17) You've forgotten what colour your couch is

18) You can't name the whole cast of your favourite soap

19) Your two hobbies are "exercise" and "sleep"

20) No-one can ever reach you on the phone, since you're always "in the gym" - plus it takes 2 days to realise there's a message on the phone!

Maybe this is just me... Feel free to add your own!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:30 AM   #2  
My reward...

S/C/G: 272/270/220

Height: 6'3"

You're children have to remind you of their school obligations because you havent remembered to schedule them in between work outs.
TryinAgain5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:39 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

.... when you have someone meet you at your carport so they can haul your lawn chair to an outdoor concert... because you plan to walk/jog to the concert and meet them there (actually happening to me tonight).
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:01 AM   #4  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

your attending an event within 2 miles of your home and your family doesn't bother to ask where you parked because they KNOW you walked.

you end up in the shower 2-3 times a day to wash off a workout.

your neice and nephew automatically assume they're going to the gym daycare every time they get in your car.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:42 AM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have one... you go to the store and think "I could use a new workout top or pant or bra" when your closet is already crammed with them rather than thinking about regular clothes. I guess that goes along with having more workout clothes than other clothes

Here is another one (this is true for me)
You have a hard time waking up at 7/8 in the morning to go to work but if someone mentions the chance to go hiking on the weekend and avoid the heat by getting up at 6am, you are all for it
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:47 PM   #6  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Hmm.

How about this one....

During a car trip you subconsciously practice your form for upper body lifting and your husband smirks at you and says, "What ARE you DOING?"
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 02:52 PM   #7  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

You have an early morning meeting so instead of missing your workout you get up an hour earlier.

You get up at 5.30am and do an 8 mile run before work because it's on your training schedule.

You have a training schedule.

You don't think that following a training schedule that requires you to get up at 5.30am is at all strange.

You don't think that following the training schedule is at all obsessive.

A whole firm email about a new netball team goes round, and people come up to you to ask if you're going to sign up for it.

People ask you for your advice on half marathon training because you're clearly an old hand at such distances.

You rush home from work every day for about a week before your new edition of Runners World is due, to check whether it's arrived yet.

You can have a sensible conversation in a running shop about pronation, cushioning and responsiveness.

You go into a running shop without feeling like a fraud.

People at the gym who've joined in the past six months think you're intimidating.

You leave a party early and sober because you're running a half marathon the next day.

You go to bed early and relatively sober most nights so you can run in the morning.

You book a weekend away and people ask you which race you're doing while you're there... and they're right.

I'm sure there are more...
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:44 PM   #8  

I have more sports bras then normal bras. and more workout pants than pairs of blue jeans.

I stock up on hand towels at linen sales so i can take a clean one to the gym every day.

My medicine cabinet has more foot products than hair products. (blister packs, heel creams, etc)
eadavenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:10 PM   #9  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

The last one for tonight to follow on from above...

... when you can think of a long list of things to post on this thread
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:19 PM   #10  
Ilene the Bean

.... you have something fun to do but you MUST go to the gym and NOTHING will stop you from going ...

... and every single one mentionned above ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:40 PM   #11  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

You take workout clothes with you on vacation, plan a running route and check the hours of the nearest Curves at your vacation spot.

People wonder why you're huffing while on the cell phone using the earphone, since they call while you're in the park jogging.

You try to appease the baby while getting in your daily jog, so you end up jogging to the sounds of Winnie the Pooh.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:27 AM   #12  

When you go on holiday to Australia, and your mother takes great pains to ensure she books a hotel with a gym

You use the gym at the hotel

You pack your running shoes and kit in your hand luggage, because if your bags are lost, you can still at least exercise.

You buy sports bras in different colours, if your living in them, you may as well have variety

You have four types of sport shoes - running shoes - well broken in, replacement running shoes - newer but being broken in, sturdy ones for weight training, and lighter ones for dance classes etc.

You go into the big city of London for the first time, and whilst walking looking at shops with a friend, you both have palpitations at seeing "She Active" and "the London Marathon Shop" within a city block of each other.

You have friends who exercise.

You travel to exercise

You run your first 10k race and think "hmmmmm I could have run further"

It's been a long day at work, your tired, your stressed, and rather than grab a big tub of Ben and Jerry's you hit the gym and work it all out

When you have a rest day, you get antsy and wonder if it would hurt to go to the gym just for a stretch......
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:34 AM   #13  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

.... you come trotting downstairs at 5.30am to take the dogs for your daily 2 hour hike/jog/scramble - and they sigh deeply, turnover and pretend to be asleep

.... you get exercise equipment instead of red roses on Valentines Day

.... DH buys you luscious cherries instead of chocolates or icecream to say he loves you

.... you buy workout clothes in four colourways and in three sizes in the sales

.... the ONLY bras you own are sports bras

.... friends phone you up to check that the dinner they've planned to cook for you fits in with your nutrition plan
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:56 PM   #14  

Height: 5'8.5"

You buy yourself a reward for your good behavior... bathroom scales and an assortment of foot care products.

When shopping you can't WAIT to get home and try out your new pepperment foot lotion.

You poke around on the various parts of your body saying, "Yes! I CAN feel bone here... yep... there ARE some muscles growing here!" (And it's true.)
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:19 PM   #15  
Ilene the Bean

I just thought of another one ...

I prefer wearing my sports bra to my sexy bras
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote