Old 08-08-2006, 04:55 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default New to group, help, need motivation tips.

Hi everyone! I am not new to 3FC's or a new 30 something, as I will be 35 in December, I am just new to this group. I have enjoyed "meeting" many people through 3FC's, but I think that this group may be very helpful too and I need all the help I can get!!

I am trying desperately to follow a healthy eating plan and exercise regularly, but at times it is extremely difficult. I get so frustrated because I have not really seen any kind of weight loss in what seems like such a long time. I go up the same 2-3lbs, then drop them over and over again, it feels like a losing battle most days.

I know that I am certainly not the only one who battles the same problem, How do you stay motivated to not give up?????

Chat again soon.
Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:43 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the forum, I've had a frustrating few weeks myself. Was up AGAIN at WW's this week even though I've followed my plan to a tee, which makes my loss for the last 3 weeks a total of .6 of a pound. I had a really rough day staying motivated yesterday, and in fact, did not get my exercise in even though I had intended to, but I did stick to my plan. I guess so far the only way I've stayed motivated during those times is telling myself that most people hit platuea's in their weight loss and if they keep pushing forward they get past them, and if I don't keep pushing forward I will just regain all the weight I've lost and will be further from my goal rather than closer to it. But I totally feel your pain, it is frustrating to work so hard and not see the results we want to see. Hang in there, you can do it!!!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/198/150

Height: 5'1.5"

Have you read the Curves book about jump starting your metabolism? I don't remember it exactly, but I think you eat more calories for a few days and then diet. It is a cycle. Maybe someone in the curves forum would know. Good luck, and whatever you do don't give up. You've done a GREAT job so far.
trulythinwithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:42 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Thank you for your helpful advice, it really does make a difference having somewhere to go where others are trying to fight the same battles. Melody, I will try very hard not to give in to the urge to just give up, you are absolutely right, I will only end up further from my goal then.
Thanks again.
Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote