South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 09:49 PM   #1  
Shrinking Mom

S/C/G: Goal Weight:127

Height: 5"

Default my first piece of bread

Tasted SO good!!!

I have been on phase 1 for almost 3 weeks....I am just so comfortable with it.
Today I was needing choco chip cookies so bad so i made a piece of toast with a smidgeon of PB and a big ol glass of milk. YUM YUM!!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:57 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Time to carefully move to Phase II. Check out the stickies and ease into it. Phase I doesn't meet your complete nutritional needs so it's time to change.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

I thought when I went to phase two that I could have everything on the list every day! Gained weight. ug.

Glad you enjoyed your bread! It IS yummy!!! Have fun on phase II but remember all the great foods from phase one!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:08 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

LG, that must have been so frustrating! You want to add one thing in for a week (so stick with that bread, my3!) and see how you do. If you aren't craving and you are still losing, you can try something new. Just don't add it all in at once or you won't know what's causing the cravings or keeping you from losing.

If you don't mind baking, my3, you can try this recipe for when those cookie cravings strike. You can use either real semi-sweet chocolate chips and eat only 1 oz worth of chocolate during the week (I do mine on Saturdays) or you can use the Eat Well Be Well sugar free chocolate chips (they have no sugar alcohols!).

Quote:
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Makes: 2 1/2 dozen cookies
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 10-11 minutes

1 cup all-purpose flour [I used WW pastry flour]
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, softened [I used light butter with canola oil]
1/2 cup peanut butter [I used natural PB]
1/2 cup firmly-packed brown sugar [I used half splenda, half SF maple syrup]
1/2 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
6 squares (3/4 package) BAKER’S* Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate [This works, or use the EWBW SF chocolate chips, instead]

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside. Coarsely chop baking chocolate bars.

BEAT margarine, peanut butter, brown sugar and SPLENDA® Granular in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until blended. Stir in chopped chocolate.

DROP heaping tablespoons of cookie dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten cookies slightly.

BAKE cookies 10 - 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool one minute; remove from baking sheets. Cool completely on wire racks.

Nutrition Information per serving [Keep in mind that this changes a lot when you make the changes in brackets above!]

Serving Size 1 cookie
Total Calories 120
Calories from Fat 60
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 2g
Cholesterol 5mg
Sodium 100mg
Total Carbohydrates 13g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugars 7g
Protein 2g

Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 fat

This recipe, when compared to a full sugar version, has a 9% reduction in calories, a 18% reduction in carbohydrates, and a 33% reduction in sugars!
I made these cookies a while ago and my husband and I both LOVED them! I found it easier to make them with real chocolate, because then I limited myself to eating two of them on the weekend and not any other time. I just put in the freezer; just take them out and put them in the toaster oven (or micro) for a little bit to heat them up. Yum!
Closed Thread