Old 08-03-2006, 06:17 PM   #1  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 154/148/115

Height: 4'11"

Default Interesting Fitness Videos?

I'm getting bored with the same ol' same ol' and I want to get some cool exercise dvds to add to my regimen. I already have the regular circuit training and aerobics videos. And I have TaeBo / Billy's Bootcamp. I'm looking to add some routines that are a little more fun, maybe some dance, maybe something sexy , maybe something more exciting or more hardcore... any suggestions?

These are just some of the things I've seen and are considering but I would like some input: Masala Bhangra, Bellydancing, Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease , Core Rythms, martial arts, hip hop, capoeira... has anyone tried any of these types of videos?

Basically, I'm looking for something fun and different... a good workout... and it's even better if it has something to learn that I can use for when I'm not working out... like dancing or martial arts or whatever.

Thanks in advance...
inklestinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:16 PM   #2  

I just received Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease on Netflix today. I did some of it and I liked it. Its not the best "WORKOUT" but definitely something exciting to learn. The sexy moves are worth a try! I am going to keep it for 2-3 weeks and get the lapdance one.

I have also tried Denise Austin's "Burn fat fast" Cardio dance and it was good for beginners.
willmakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:08 AM   #3  

I love Yoga Booty Ballet but its not for everyone. You might like Turbo Jam.

I also bought a rebounder and a bosu ball as time has gone on and I really really dig using these to pieces of equipment.

Also, if you are looking for somthing mentally challanging and balancing I recomend yoga. It never gets boring because there is always so much room to improve! Let me know if you want some recomendations for specific tapes.
fikustrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:58 AM   #4  
Dreamy Eyed

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'5

THe FIRM!

I love all their videos and it is a WORK OUT! You feel it and really feel like you acomplished something when you are done. Just check out their website or be lucky enough to catch an infocommerical. Plus the video rotation shakes things up.
PumpkinPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:41 AM   #5  
Starting over.... (again)

S/C/G: 247/239.5/160

Height: 5'7

I like Denise Austin's Cardio Dance. It's not too difficult and although it's good for beginners it still makes you sweat.

For a real workout you could try Latin Grooves with Gloria Araya-Quinlan which is very fast paced. It can get pretty challenging but its still fun to do because its different than anything I have ever done.
PinkBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote