Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 10:29 PM   #1  
banned

Default poll: has anyone ever noticed?

how nasty and snippy posters on the ww community board are?
Old 08-01-2006, 10:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/170/135

Height: 5'5

ha ha... actually, i used to be on WW and used the boards. Most are great but you get the few that are just nasty people. A much nicer group here!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:23 PM   #3  
Another Tammy

I've lurked there on several occasions when I was first starting WW but they totally turned me off to going there. Everyone here is so welcoming and helpful. In fact, in the 7 months I've been here, I don't think I've seen any snippy comments even once. Even if someone posts a question that's been asked a bajillion times, it is still so politely and tolerantly answered here. Over there, they flip out! Yeah, it's jsut not very friendly for a "support" board.

So, to answer your question... Yes. I've noticed.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:29 PM   #4  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

No. I only been over there like three times. What I noticed is that it's so quiet over there, the layout is hard to go through, and well....it just doesn't feel very...community to me. I'm so glad I found 3FC!
Old 08-02-2006, 02:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 166.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'8"

I looked around there for a bit, but nothing really caught my eye.

I can look around on this board for a long time and never get bored.

This is the place to be!
Old 08-02-2006, 08:00 AM   #6  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I have noticed that too andreaphilip3. I love 3FC!! Everyone here is so nice and helpful.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:47 AM   #7  

a big fat YES from me! I have never gotten a kind, warm welcome or response on the WW boards, just nasty snide remarks. 3FC rocks! And so do all of you GREAT people!
Old 08-02-2006, 08:47 AM   #8  
People call me tiny now!

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/145

Height: 5'5"

I have noticed as well! I thought maybe it was just me. I wanted to post something, but was actually afraid to! How crazy is that!?
Old 08-02-2006, 08:53 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I belonged for a while and found the same thing. Sort of a clique, IMHO.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:44 AM   #10  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Well as the mod for this area it's really nice to see that you all feel welcome here and are comfortable posting on 3fc.

For myself I have met some amazing people here and have found a great community with plenty of pleasant and helpful people. I really enjoy the support that is given and have learned a lot from the members' posts and ideas over the years that I have been here.

I've never really posted in the WW community message boards so I can't comment on them but I'm glad that you've all found a spot here.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #11  

Height: 5'3

I think it depends what boards you go to on WW community boards..but some of them I have seen some nasty comments which is very unfortante since . But here everyone has been so friendly. :-)
Old 08-02-2006, 11:16 AM   #12  
Cowboy Up Chick

I take offense to that? I post there much more than here because it is very much busier.

Yes in any community cyber or otherwise you will have people who are snippy but your opinion of snippy taking out of someone who isn't talking to that person may not be exactly what it seems like.

We have some really great people over there and yeah there are some who in my OPINION are rude/snippy but it is still a community.

I'm betting there are people in your real life that you consider that way but others don't.

It also depends on what board you post on over there there are some that are very cliquish (sp) and hard to get to know but for the most part the Newbies board is very welcoming.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 160/139/140

One person's idea of community and another's is different. Here things are a little more laid back. I know you don't have to worry how something is going to come across here and on WW there are more opinionated people. I'll take the laid back approach any day.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:46 PM   #14  
Slow and Steady

Whatever you do, don't ever, Ever, EVAH post a question over there about popcorn points or sagging skin. You will be tarred and feathered and run out of town!!!

I'm so glad to have found this site. No matter how many posts I see about the sagging skin issue here, the questions are *always* addressed with kindness and understanding. 3FC rocks!
Old 08-02-2006, 01:32 PM   #15  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Well I think it works the same in real life - on a daily basis you have good and bad experiences when interacting with people so you just have to roll with it and keep the good experiences foremost in your mind.

I've tried out a few boards that were news group discussion boards and was appalled at some of the posters behaviour toward each other - I lasted a week and couldn't take it anymore as I was getting upset everytime I read something I felt like the negativity was affecting me so I just quit.

It may sound flakey but I believe in drawing positive energy from people around me and returning that energy as well.
Closed Thread