Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-01-2006, 01:43 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9

Default I'm lost about exercising!

Hi all!! So, I was doing great with Tae-Bo, about a month ago. Then I strained a muscle in my neck, twice so I stopped. I actually got a little lax with exercise after that, but started walking a couple of weeks ago.
Here's my problem....I LOVE walking, but I just don't think it does for my body what the TaeBo does. But with the TaeBo, I don't know if it will be something I will want to do EVERY DAY.
So, I'm a little lost at what I should do. Should I do the Tae Bo everyday? And if so, should I use the resistance bands ever day or use them every other day? Should I do the Tae Bo three times per week and walk on the other days along with maybe some light weightlifting?
All I know is that with just walking, I've gotten a bit flabby. PLus, I've gained a couple of pounds. But, that was probably due to me just slacking off.
Also, what is Turbo Jam like? Anything like TaeBo? I'm just a little nervous that I'm going to hurt my neck again!!
Thanks for any input that you can give me!!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:15 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I mix my walking up with running (as part of a greater program to get me running) to keep my heart rate up. You might want to invest in a heart rate monitor so you know for SURE whether your walking is getting your heart rate to a cardiovascular level. I use mine to make sure that even when I'm in one of my walking segments my heart rate is in the target zone, and it has really helped in making sure I don't slack off during the walks.

I would walk maybe 2-3 times a week and do the Tae Bo on alternating days. Vary the routine so you don't get bored, and get in BOTH kinds of exercise that you enjoy.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:27 PM   #3  

It's always good to do different kinds of cardio, and to add in some resistance exercises.

Cardio aids fat loss, as well as giving cardio vascular benefits. Varying the different heart rates and different movements helps you hit all the benefits. Plus it keeps the exercise from getting boring.

Resistance exercises shape your body by building muscle, so that when the fat does drop, you don't have a matchstick body. Muscle also burns more calories during the day than fat does, so you have a terrific weight loss aid.
northernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:02 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Do you know HOW you hurt your neck? For me it's doing hook punches... Perhaps you could just do the rest of the video and not the punch bits?

How about a stationery bike? Or even a real bike? Swimming is low impact too.

If you love walking, how about increasing the intensity to running? Start off with couch to 5k, that'll have you sweating more than Tae Bo!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote