Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-01-2006, 11:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/215/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Ever noticed the habit you can't drop?

Has anyone ever gone off their diet for a while of time and noticed that they couldn't bare to drop one of their dieting habits? If so, what was it?

For me, I can't drink an entire REAL soda (because I think it's too strong, and it's not worth the empty calories), I can't use real butter (I love the spray kind), and I calorie count everything I eat in my head, no matter if I'm dieting or not. I'm aware of the bad choices I'm making. I also can't give up my daily walking, and I use it for stress purposes.

How about you?
Adalia_Nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Yup, real soda and I'm always aware of fat content and empty carbs. Oh I usually go ahead and eat them anyway, but .... I'm aware
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:47 AM   #3  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

I feel really crappy when I do not get a workout in. Not just because it burns calories but it also helps me have some me time to destress. When I skip a workout I can definitely tell.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:51 AM   #4  
hara hachi bu

I'm a refined-carb avoiding freak, whether dieting or not. All of my grains must have 2 grams of fiber per 15 grams of carbohydrate. But this is only true when I'm in the grocery store ... I don't do this when I go to a fast-food restaurant (obviously) or a bakery. Faulty logic. Luckily, I haven't been in fast-food restaurants for quite some time now.

Those of you who walk/exercise when not 'on plan' ... I admire you! What a ab-fab habit.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica
Those of you who walk/exercise when not 'on plan' ... I admire you! What a ab-fab habit.
And those who do situps or crunches also have an AB-fab habit! Or is it a fabulous AB habit?
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:40 PM   #6  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adalia_Nm
I can't use real butter (I love the spray kind),
I can't use butter or margarine either. I always use the butter spray or the Smart Beat squeeze. If I eat dinner at someone's house and they have corn on the cob or baked potato or whatnot (things I normally use my spray butter on) and all they have is regular butter or margarine, I either eat the food without butter or don't eat it at all.

I need to start carrying my own bottle with me
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:50 PM   #7  

I stil eat only white meat, don't drink soda, and calorie count. were all just creatures of habit you know!
maeble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/207/135

Height: 5'6

I constantly calorie count, if I'm dieting or not. I'll look at what other people around me are eating and estimate how many calories there are. Sometimes I bite my tongue, and other times I can't help but say "do you know how many calories are in that?"
athenac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:05 PM   #9  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Logging on to 3FC is a habit I can't quit!

All the good advice and support here have helped me through many ups and downs. In fact, when I go "off track" the first thing I do is come here so I can get motivated again!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #10  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenac
I constantly calorie count, if I'm dieting or not. I'll look at what other people around me are eating and estimate how many calories there are. Sometimes I bite my tongue, and other times I can't help but say "do you know how many calories are in that?"
Aww, tsk tsk tsk! I've learned from experience that people don't wanna hear that, lol.

Someone told me once, a long time ago, "Police your own food, not everyone else's."

I keep my mouth shut
Old 08-01-2006, 02:18 PM   #11  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
Someone told me once, a long time ago, "Police your own food, not everyone else's."
I'll openly police my own food in front of people, but I typically don't police others' food. I also, as a former smoker, say nothing to smokers about quitting. They know the risks, they can ask me if they want my opinion or advice.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:40 PM   #12  

Height: 5'9

I NEVER eat ANYTHING from Burger King, Wendy's, McDonald's, Taco Bell or any other place like that. Funny, because I will eat chinese food! LOL

I never drink a full calorie beverage...always diet. Except juice.

I never have ice cream in the house. If I want it once in a while for a treat, I go out for a small cone. No sweets either. I could eat an entire apple pie! LOL

I don't eat candy bars unless I'm REALLY REALLY craving chocolate. Then I will buy a small bar of dark chocolate and really savor it.

I'm addicted to exercise. I can't go for more than a couple days without feeling the withdrawal...I get cranky, depressed and have TONS of anxiety.
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:38 PM   #13  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica
I'll openly police my own food in front of people, but I typically don't police others' food. I also, as a former smoker, say nothing to smokers about quitting. They know the risks, they can ask me if they want my opinion or advice.
Exactly

Never never never preach. Ever.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:39 PM   #14  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemetarysiren25
I NEVER eat ANYTHING from Burger King, Wendy's, McDonald's, Taco Bell or any other place like that. Funny, because I will eat chinese food! LOL
Mmmmm, Taco Bell and Chinese food.

If I were stranded on a deserted island, just put a Chinese restaurant and a Taco Bell there for me and I'd be happy.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:46 PM   #15  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I think the one habit that I can't let go of is getting my share and more of veggies in my diet. I was brought up vegetarian, veered off in college, came back for a month and then veered off again my first year of graduate school. Looking at my face then and now, I can't bear to go back to eating Cinnabons when bored. So veggies and fruits for me.

Habit I SHOULDN'T break - getting some sort of exercise in. I need to finish it off in the mornings otherwise I can't get myself to go to the gym in the evenings. Plus, it is SO very, very hot.

Chinese food is my kryptonite. However, I haven't had any in over a month. Yes, I'm quite proud of myself.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote