Old 07-31-2006, 09:09 PM   #1  

Default colors??

what are the different plans anyway? I'm on the red one, but how many others are there and what is so different about them?
miss bbcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:33 PM   #2  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

CORRECTED POST BELOW
I'm not sure how many different plans there are but I believe they are based on weight and activity level. For example I started on a purple plan, but when they realized I wasn't exercising as much as I thought I would be, they put me on a blue plan (which took away 1/2 P and 1 S per day). On Blue Plan I get:
2P, 3F, 3V, 2S, 1 Fat, 1 Dairy, 2 LA Lites; I think all plans include the Lo Sodium salt and 8 glasses of water.

Last edited by Joni135; 08-01-2006 at 06:43 PM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:15 AM   #3  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

It all depends on weight, lifestyle, activity level, etc. No clue what the "magic formula" is exactly.

I started at 188 on Gold which is 2P, 3F, 3V, 2S, 1fat, 1D, and 2 lites. Then when I started exercising they put be on Blue which added a starch and a half protein.

Joni--are you sure you are on Blue? Or Gold? I've never seen a blue book so I just added what they told me. ???
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:13 AM   #4  

i feel like they are giving me too much food, i told them i wouldnt be that active! Maybe i should just cut out half of a protein and 1V and 1S ... then my program would be the same as yours. I think I am going to do that and then tell them when i go in on friday for my WI.. do you think that would be ok? I know it seems silly, but i feel like i should get a little hungry on on a diet.. i dont want to feel full all the time!
miss bbcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:18 AM   #5  
on LAWL

I wouldn't recommend changing your program until you've been on it a while. It would help if we knew your weight, goal, exercise level, etc. Those are all determining factors. You NEED those calories and they are all figured into your program. I know my body and if I drop below 1250-1300 I won't lose. You might want to track a few days on fitday.com to see where you are.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

You shouldn't be hungry on a diet unless you make wrong choices. Higher calorie foods or junk foods means you have to eat less of them, then you would be hungry. If you eat good foods, you can eat more than you would imagine to lose weight. (posted by a non LAWL).
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:44 PM   #7  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Its true. Less is not more. I know it seems weird, we typically believe that the less food the better for weight loss, but that is a myth.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:43 PM   #8  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Lee Ann - I must have been pretty tired last night. I actually started on a blue plan and now my book/plan is gold - like your original plan. Sorry for the bad post.. Duh...
Old 08-01-2006, 07:44 PM   #9  
on LAWL

No apologies--I just thought it was another COD inconsistency!
Old 08-01-2006, 07:56 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

I started on the Red plan with the introductory box of LA Lites. When I told them I didn't want to do the Lites on a regular basis, they bumped me up to the Red Plus plan with more food. After I lost 32 lbs, they put me back on Red.

The COD told me my next plan change (to Purple) will be at 180. Seems odd that it only took 30 lbs for the first jump, and then 50 for the next jump. As long as it's working though.... :-)
CafeAmericain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:46 PM   #11  

I'm on Red and exercise 5 or more hours a week. Honestly you need all the food you can get...especially if you are exercising.

I went into the COD last week and they said I would stay on Red as long as I am losing. Went to the COD today and had the manager do my WI. She said I'd move to purple when I got down to 196. Very inconsistent!

I just muddle through and do what I can.

Kay
Bowknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:03 PM   #12  

Hi Ladies!

I just started; this is my first week on LAWL they put me on the purple plan and I think it's got something to do with our lifestyle maybe too; I'm on the road a great deal with my job and do exercise normally 5 days a week. I go in tomorrow to WI so we will see how I've done I can say that I'm not hungry and that is a plus! All the other diets I have tried; I have been hungry on. I must say that the gals at my center are very good. They are actually on the plan themselves so they do have some good tips and recipes too.

LottaMe2MiniMe - Which center do you go to? I go to Cumberland; it's a long drive for me but they are super nice there.
Nascar Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:10 PM   #13  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Kayla - I go to the center in Woodstock, GA -- it's less than 5 miles from my house and that is a big plus.