Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-29-2006, 06:37 PM   #1  
LLV

Default What to do with broccoli slaw

I bought a bag of broccoli slaw for a recipe and now I'm stuck with more than half a bag left and have no idea what to do with it.

Could anyone offer any suggestions?
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:58 PM   #2  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Sometimes I just add it to my salads. Gives some extra crunch, taste and veggie for salads.
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:59 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
I bought a bag of broccoli slaw for a recipe and now I'm stuck with more than half a bag left and have no idea what to do with it.

Could anyone offer any suggestions?
Sure. I have a couple of recipes I use that for, aside from tossing it into everything.

Asian Broccoli Burritos and Brocco Burgers. Both of these recipes are from allrecipes.

http://maindish.allrecipes.com/az/74237.asp

http://maindish.allrecipes.com/az/74231.asp

http://www.broccoli.com/recipe_search.asp Mann's web site has a bunch of recipes too
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:15 PM   #4  
LLV

Oh wonderful! Adding them to salads sounds like a great idea and those brocco burgers sound terrific. I've got all the ingredients except the kidney beans. I wonder if canned navy beans would work as well???

Thanks so much for the suggestions and links
Old 07-29-2006, 09:13 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
Oh wonderful! Adding them to salads sounds like a great idea and those brocco burgers sound terrific. I've got all the ingredients except the kidney beans. I wonder if canned navy beans would work as well???

Thanks so much for the suggestions and links
Sure they would work. I've used white, pink and black beans in the brocco burgers. And the best part is they freeze really well.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:50 PM   #6  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaT
Sure they would work. I've used white, pink and black beans in the brocco burgers. And the best part is they freeze really well.
Thank you so much! I'm going to make up a batch soon
Old 07-30-2006, 12:28 PM   #7  

i LOVE broccoli slaw. i too add it to salads. i also use it in a lot of asian-style dishes. one fave is:
cold sesame noodles w tempeh-
*cube 1 brick of tempeh and marinate in a little braggs liquid aminos/soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce, chili sauce, and a drop of honey or molassas- let sit of 15-20 minutes

*'stirfry' marinated tempeh with a few big handfulls of broc slaw-- toss in some frozen peas if you're feeling crazy

*blend a little natural pb, tahini, braggs/soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce, chili sauce and toasted sesame seeds. thin with a little water as needed (you'll use 1-2 tb of pb, 1 tb of tahini, 1 tb of sesame seeds and 'to taste' with everything else. the sauce should be thickish but not chunky)

*toss everything together with (hot) cooked pasta (hot so the pb sauce melts a little and coats the pasta-- make enough pasta to serve 4 - 6

*sprinkle with more sesame seeds and some chopped cilantro and chill for at least an hour before serving.

mmm. good summer food.
punkrockgrryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:23 PM   #8  
LLV

Thank you, that sounds great
Old 07-30-2006, 08:45 PM   #9  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I love the stuff! The easiest thing I do with it, is stir fry it w/ a bit of sesame oil, chicken and teriyaki sauce. Yum!
flower is offline   Reply With Quote