Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-29-2006, 12:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/145

Height: 5'2"

Default I Need help and motivation...

Hi everyone, I joined a long time ago, but life got to busy to keep up here, but now I am back, and want to get my weight loss started again... I am happliy married and have 2 girls 11 and 14.. I work full time, plus own horses, so I am an active person.. My main problem is, I dont eat.. I usually only eat dinner, and maybe have a wine cooler or 2.. When I get off work, I usually go clean stalls, or work a horse or 2, then go home and make dinner.. I am 5'2 inches and am 220 lbs.. I have gained 60 pnds in 6 yrs.. my goal is to be down to at least 140.. but anything around that would make me happy.
I have a wonderful husband who loves me just the way I am, and that is good, but I want to get my weight down.. so any advice and helpful hints would be so appreciated.. I really really want to make a difference this time, I am starting to get to the depressed state.. Thanks you all...
codiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hi hon.

I'm a 23year old college grad, albeit unemployed. I'm looking for work but plan to go to grad. school in January. I gained 62lbs in 4 months due to medication for a mental illness. After a few false starts in May/June and early July, I got serious about my food addiction and went back on South Beach--I was able to lose 90lbs on it in 5mths before I had to take that medication that made me fat. This is my 6th day on SB and I've lost 9lbs. Needless to say I'm exhillarated. From having to lose 108lbs to only having to lose 99lbs. I will start exercising three days a week on August 1 at Ballys. On the 4 days I don't go, I'll try to dance for an hour or two. Even if u can't join the gym, walk a mile or two. That really helped me when I lost weight the first time. This is my third and final attempt at losing the weight, I ain't going back. I was always chunk when I was little but gained weight around puberty. Lost it in the third world--Sweet Nigeria--and was 5'6, 135 until sexual abuse by a family member led me into using food for comfort.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Join me on the South Beach forum. For two weeks, u eat vegetables, skinless meat/poultry---minus the wings/legs, 1 percent milk, beans, eggs and fish. U don't eat complex carbs/refined sugars/fruits/fruit juices. On Phase 2, u start adding back good carbs--eg fruits, whole wheat bread, healthy cereal.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:23 AM   #4  

Default hey

hey everyone-

I'm 21 yrs old, i have a one yr old son, and i have one hundred pounds to lose. I am having a hard time keeping motvated so I am in the same boat as you guys. If you want to try to keep each other movated let me know.

Judee

sw- 272.5
cw-257.0
gw-180.0
judee18709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

Sounds like you need to start modifying behaviors to eat more meals more regularly. Some people like to take on the challenge all at once. They figure out what they should do and then prepare and START! Many others of us (that would include me) are overwhelmed by this approach and take baby steps toward a healthier life. Both approaches require commitment and knowledge, I think.

What do you think most needs to change in your lifestyle? How do you want to start?
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 126/170/130

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up Please dont be depressed

at least you already have the love of someone who loves you for you not how you look in a bathing suit. Like i have room to talk, i get so upset i cry whenever the thought of going out with my husband comes up because it means trying on clothes i no longer fit into, out here just about everyone in a club or bar looks like they could be a stripper or model, it is so depressing, even the other mommies are super skinny and tan, its almost too much to handle.

as far as tips, i have heard that either 6 small meals a day or 3 is the way to go, eating only once puts you body into starvation mode so it holds onto whatever you eat, try buying easy morning food, breakfast bars etc, just be label savvy. make it part of your routine to eat in the morning. the other thing i do is strap on ankle weights whenever i wear jean so make each step count.

good luck
you can do it
shawnamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 126/170/130

Height: 5'5

good luck, i think being a mom is enough of a workout, dont you?
shawnamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:02 PM   #8  

Default hey.

Yea I think it is a workout in itself. My son one is one and i am think its hard.
Well I lost 12 pounds so far without trying and that gave me all the movitation. Another good movitation is talking to people on this website, I really like the support forum.

judee
judee18709 is offline   Reply With Quote