WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 12:44 PM   #1  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

Default Activity points question

Forgive me if this has been asked before.

I do a 60 minute cardio kickboxing class 2x/week. The first and last 5 minutes of each class are warm-up and cool down. Should I be figuring 50 minutes, or 60? It's definitely high-intensity, but I want to make sure I'm tracking it correctly.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:55 PM   #2  

Default Combination?

How's about you count 10 minutes at low intensity and 50 at medium or high?
Old 07-26-2006, 01:07 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

what is the intensity for the 50 minutes. The warm up is 5 minutes at low obviously and the last 5 is probably low as well.

I never ever (even with a heart rate monitor) count a high level of intensity but I know I am higher than mod so I take a happy medium between between the mod and high and I just use whatever I did as warm up and cool down (like althea suggests) as a low intensity.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:42 PM   #4  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

The middle 50 minutes is high-intensity... sometimes too high LOL. I'll do it as a combination of low and high. Thanks!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/176.6/155

Height: 5'9"

i take Nia classes and they go through low medium and high and back again without really a set time frame--and nia is the type of thing where you're continuously moving so you dont generally stop to check yoru watch. Not to mention, NIA is so mixed, it would be hard to define exactly what is what intensity--sometimes one song will have a sequence that includes a sharp highntensity movement followed by a slow, flowy one. I just usually count it as an hour of moderate (unless it was very low or very high intensity that day)
For the classes that have more definable sections i try to look at my watch before class, at each section change and at the end of class and then figure out how many points based on the intensity level and time of each section (which is basically what kelly said)
Closed Thread